Team travel costs

Fred

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yes but let's just say that if my team was selected to go on an oos trip I wouldn't have made the cut 😂 

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

So you didn't play football. And this post by you explains your thinking. That is why you can't see it the way we do. 

He said he DID play football. Was a member of a TEAM. Some would have called him a Varsity player, sounds like.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

So you didn't play football. And this post by you explains your thinking. That is why you can't see it the way we do. 

I said yes.  But you glossed over it. Here is my entire football career. Lol. Played little league from 10-14 years old. 

Played JV my freshman year and due to a little instability at home we move to Jersey for my sophomore year. Came back to Florida but never played organized ball again 

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I said yes.  But you glossed over it. Here is my entire football career. Lol. Played little league from 10-14 years old. 

Played JV my freshman year and due to a little instability at home we move to Jersey for my sophomore year. Came back to Florida but never played organized ball again 

So you never played Varsity football...lol...you would not have made any of these trips that you so desperately try to put together like a "promoter"

19 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's only 7.5 hours on 80 West. Cincy is about 11 down to the southwest corner of the state. A bit tougher trip. 

Just checked map of Ohio after I posted that... safe to say I'm not a geography expert of that state. 

Still two long trips but that elder bus trip must of been grueling. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger2016 said:

So you never played Varsity football...lol...you would not have made any of these trips that you so desperately try to put together like a "promoter"

I don't try to put together anything. I simply relay info that is already public knowledge to coaches and they choose what they want to do with it. 

Troll mission failed 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I don't try to put together anything. I simply relay info that is already public knowledge to coaches and they choose what they want to do with it. 

Troll mission failed 

NB...I wanna be clear.  I don't care whether you played or not.  I really don't.  I suppose things are just different in South Georgia.  If a kid earns a jersey in South Georgia and works hard to keep it...we consider him part of the TEAM.  And if he is eligible to play on Friday nights (and not everyone is) he is considered Varsity.  Of our 103, I would be so surprised if everyone of them didn't get into a Varsity game at some point in the season.  Especially, if we're playing a Pelham...an ISB or what we thought was a Holy Trinity.  Rush plays a lot of guys.  A LOT OF GUYS.  When we travel...we take everybody who is eligible to play in the game.  They may or may not play in the game...but they travel with the TEAM cause they are part of it.

Hopefully, this clarifies a few things.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Troll mission failed 

Troll mission???  Hooked me a want to be promoter/high school football analyst

Just make me a smoothie....JVer

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

According to his definition of a varsity player eligible for this trip, he did not play football. He was one of those that never played. By his standards and those he is defending here, he was not a member of the team. 

No, according to his definition of a Varsity player eligible for a trip, he was not a Varsity player eligible for a trip, but he did play football. He is fine with not having been eligible for a trip under those circumstances, because he was not a member of the Varsity team, but he was certainly a member of a JV football team. 

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

NB...I wanna be clear.  I don't care whether you played or not.  I really don't.  I suppose things are just different in South Georgia.  If a kid earns a jersey in South Georgia and works hard to keep it...we consider him part of the TEAM.  And if he is eligible to play on Friday nights (and not everyone is) he is considered Varsity.  Of our 103, I would be so surprised if everyone of them didn't get into a Varsity game at some point in the season.  Especially, if we're playing a Pelham...an ISB or what we thought was a Holy Trinity.  Rush plays a lot of guys.  A LOT OF GUYS.  When we travel...we take everybody who is eligible to play in the game.  They may or may not play in the game...but they travel with the TEAM cause they are part of it.

Hopefully, this clarifies a few things.

Rufus>>

How big is your locker room?  Curious to see what one looks like that holds that many players.  

Just now, Sportsnut said:

If he is fine with not being eligible for the trip under the circumstances, then he knows he was not really a part of the team. He did not indicate if he was JV or varsity. So you are adding content. That is not needed. 

Please tell me you are either joking, high or drunk.  I am ok with either of those. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

How big is your locker room?  Curious to see what one looks like that holds that many players.  

Our locker room is at the stadium.  It's about 1200 sq ft....strictly for the Home team.   We have Packer Temple at the old high school.  It's about 1500 sq ft....(now a practice facility)  And I guess there's no need talking about the facilities at the new high school.  Can you say...Taj?

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Our locker room is at the stadium.  It's about 1200 sq ft....strictly for the Home team.   We have Packer Temple at the old high school.  It's about 1500 sq ft....(now a practice facility)  And I guess there's no need talking about the facilities at the new high school.  Can you say...Taj?

Rufus>>

probst wife in the background? 

image.thumb.png.96dc28e0b8531e72ae712dd7bddd2c3e.pngImage result for colquitt county high school football locker room pics

image.png.a00e6277f753e27100b02091773e0658.pngImage result for colquitt county high school football locker room pics

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You guys went off on the deep end. The debate was does every team every time have to bring everybody. I, and some others said no. Some said yes. 

Its no big deal 

I absolutely agree.  It's not at all a big deal...unless you're Colquitt....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 2