LHSAA Div 3 Semi Final: #5 Newman vs #1 Lafayette Christian (Free Stream)

spflynn

Hello. Just letting everyone know they can watch a free stream of the Newman vs Lafayette Christian game tonight at 7pm CT.  In case you don't know, the Newman QB is Arch Manning, and they are playing the #1 seed Lafayette Christian.  Should be a great game... enjoy! 

https://www.yurview.com/featured/lhsaa-div-3-newman-greenies-vs-lafayette-christian-knights-112621

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, spflynn said:

Hello. Just letting everyone know they can watch a free stream of the Newman vs Lafayette Christian game tonight at 7pm CT.  In case you don't know, the Newman QB is Arch Manning, and they are playing the #1 seed Lafayette Christian.  Should be a great game... enjoy! 

https://www.yurview.com/featured/lhsaa-div-3-newman-greenies-vs-lafayette-christian-knights-112621

I think we have all watched the Manning kid. Honestly probably the most overrated HS kid I have seen this year. Very good, not great QB at this juncture. Just not anywhere near the hype.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

I think we have all watched the Manning kid. Honestly probably the most overrated HS kid I have seen this year. Very good, not great QB at this juncture. Just not anywhere near the hype.

Not the kids fault his last name is Manning. Pretty much unreal expectations put on him from the start. Malachi Nelson from Los Al is just flat out better but is ranked behind Arch. 

• Like 2

Arch lost his #1 WR this year who transferred to Western in South Florida.

4* AJ Johnson

Those 2 were like Joe Burrow and JaMarr Chase.... especially with the deep ball.

When Arch gets on a team that has 5* WRs all over the place you will see the real Arch Manning..... even now he makes throws most high school QBs just think/dream about.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

What is terrible is having 2 different super bowl winning qbs and can't win a state title.

In all fairness, it’s team sport. Even a phenomenal QB without a quality supporting cast can only do much. Having seen both play in HS, Jared Goff was a much more impressive player and led his team to more success as a HS player than Tom Brady. But his high school team was all around a much better team as well and Brady blossomed much later. No one would ever take Goff over Brady now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I agree most of the hype on Arch is name related and unfair to the kid. He’s talented but not the top QB nationally from what I’ve seen. That said I feel the same way about SJB’s quarterback Pierce Clarkson , he has a huge name and that’s led him up the ranks. Don’t see elite in him either 

Well, it's the college coaches and college scouts giving Arch most of that hype, they love his mind and tools......they look at things differently than the casual fan who just wants to see 500 yards passing and 5 TDs every Friday night.

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Well, it's the college coaches and college scouts giving Arch most of that hype, they love his mind and tools......they look at things differently than the casual fan who just wants to see 500 yards passing and 5 TDs every Friday night.

What about turnovers and interceptions he is pretty good in those stats on those ESPN games. 

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

How many State Championships did Tom Brady win in high school?

I know one thing about Brady he has more super bowl wins than all the Manning family combined. 

Peyton was an elite NFL qb.

Eli was average in the NFL 118-118 record.  Won 2 one on a miracle play and really won both due to defense.

Archie was average on a bad team.

17 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

In all fairness, it’s team sport. Even a phenomenal QB without a quality supporting cast can only do much. Having seen both play in HS, Jared Goff was a much more impressive player and led his team to more success as a HS player than Tom Brady. But his high school team was all around a much better team as well and Brady blossomed much later. No one would ever take Goff over Brady now. 

You would think since the Mannings are moving kids into their house to play football they should win a state title.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Which is why bringing up team accolades to prop up qbs in the NFL, isn't the best way to measure whose the best