Trump's world....

DBP66

4 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Insulting Trump is one thing, but when you attack Canasta...you've gone too far!

Here’s a good one.  It gets better midway past and the conclusion is epic.  😂.   Trump has it locked up now.  :) 👍🏻

The guy at the end and the guy with the orange sweatshirt commenting about NY make this vid.  

Judge tosses Devin Nunes' libel suit, ruling it 'objectively true' his family farm used undocumented migrants

Peter Weber, Senior editor
Wed, April 26, 2023 at 5:08 AM EDT

Devin Nunes

Devin Nunes Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

A federal judge in Iowa on Tuesday tossed out a defamation lawsuit that former Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) filed in 2019 against reporter Ryan Lizza over an article he wrote for Esquire in 2018 about the Nunes family dairy farm, NuStar Farms, and why it had quietly relocated to Iowa from California. Nunes, who left Congress last year to head up former President Donald Trump's social media company, had sought $77 million from Lizza and Hearst Magazines, Esquire's publisher.

U.S. District Judge C.J. Williams, a Trump appointee, ruled that Nunes had neither shown he had been harmed by the article nor that Lizza's reporting on NuStar's heavy reliance on undocumented immigrants was false. In fact, Williams wrote in his 101-page opinion, "the assertion that NuStar knowingly used undocumented labor is substantially, objectively true."

Williams wrote that 243 of the 319 NuStar employees the court had run past the Social Security Administration had birth dates, names, and Social Security Numbers that matched no SSA records. He also pointed out that NuStar has never used the Homeland Security Department's e-Verify program to check on the status of its farm workers, and that Nunes had called e-Verify a failed program in a deposition while saying publicly it works "really, really well" and should be mandatory.

The NuStar libel suit was "part of a flurry of at least 10 lawsuits Nunes filed beginning in 2019 against media organizations, journalists, and critics he accused of defaming him," Politico reports. "The most famous suit sought $250 million from Twitter, Democratic political strategist Liz Mair, and anonymous figures operating Twitter accounts labeled as 'Devin Nunes' Mom' and 'Devin Nunes' Cow.'" A judge in Virginia dismissed that lawsuit in 2020 and 2022.

On 4/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Here’s a good one.  It gets better midway past and the conclusion is epic.  😂.   Trump has it locked up now.  :) 👍🏻

The guy at the end and the guy with the orange sweatshirt commenting about NY make this vid.  

How does one put their pussy (male) inside of someone else and eat them out? 😳😳 gotta love NYC

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2022 at 3:22 PM, DBP66 said:
NY Daily News

Trump supporters and ‘We Build the Wall’ scam victims testify at NYC fraud trial

4387e169476a2791ae11c908eb897f3b

Jim West/Zuma Press/TNS

Molly Crane-Newman, New York Daily News
Wed, October 26, 2022 at 9:44 PM

Supporters of former President Donald Trump’s signature immigration policy who were swindled in the “We Build the Wall” crowdfunding scam testified in Manhattan Federal Court on Wednesday about paying for a southern border wall they never got.

The testimony came on the second day of Steve Bannon associate Timothy Shea’s retrial. The Colorado businessman is charged with money laundering, conspiracy, and a host of related charges connected to the “We Build the Wall” fundraiser. Shea’s last trial ended without a verdict when a juror refused to convict, citing a government “witch hunt.”

Nicole Keller, a high school teacher from Texas, was one of more than 350,000 people who donated money to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

She said she gave up her cash after she heard Purple Heart recipient Brian Kolfage, a triple amputee who was the face of the charity, said “every penny” raised would go toward the goal. Kolfage pleaded guilty to the scheme in April along with Bannon’s friend Andrew Badolato.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

“I remember being impressed at seeing that ‘100%’ — that there was a private citizen that was so committed to the task that it was something he was going to stand completely behind as we donated our money,” Keller testified.

Keller said once she read news articles casting doubt on the fund’s legitimacy, she tried in vain to get her money back from GoFundMe.

“I was insulted that somebody had taken what should be a position of honor and valor,” said Keller. “And instead used it to defraud me.”

Army veteran William Ward, 72, of Arizona, contributed $100 in a “symbolic” gesture for what he thought was a noble cause.

Ward believed “that the proceeds were all going to go in the most direct manner possible to actually construct the wall,” he told the jury.

He also failed to get his money back after he learned the fund was being investigated.

“I just felt I’d been cheated,” he said.

Some of the $25 million that the campaign took in went toward partial construction of the wall — and some of it was used for cosmetic surgery, home renovations, a car, a boat, a golf cart, jewelry and credit card debt, prosecutors said.

Ranch Property Management, Shea’s shell company, was the vessel that funneled many illegal wire payments to Bannon, Kolfage and Badolato, according to the indictment.

Shea, who owns an energy drink company that purports to sell “liberal tears,” has pleaded not guilty.

Trump pardoned Bannon of federal charges in a last-minute clemency blitz before leaving the White House. He was charged anew by the Manhattan district attorney last month and has pleaded not guilty. The presidential pardon didn’t encompass state prosecution.

https://www.semafor.com/article/04/26/2023/brian-kolfage-sentenced-to-4-years-in-prison-for-build-the-wall-frau

IMG_4294.jpeg

• Thanks 1

World reacts to brutal Donald Trump news

Story by Kevin Harrish  5h ago

image.png.52192c4cd311e72078f55b55d54b1a6c.png
Former president Donald Trump interacts with fans
Former president Donald Trump interacts with fans© Provided by The Comeback

This week, former United States President Donald Trump is visiting the golf courses he owns in Scotland. And while the appearance is jarring enough given that it comes amid his ongoing civil trial for rape as well as federal fraud charges, it’s also a reminder of just how much money he made from his international business while he was president.

According to an analysis of his tax returns by CREW, Donald Trump made up to $160 million from international business dealings while he was serving as president of the United States.

“Throughout his time in office, President Trump, his family and his Republican allies repeatedly assured the public that his refusal to divest from his businesses wouldn’t lead to any conflicts of interest. Americans were promised that Trump would donate his salary, which he did, until maybe he didn’t—all while siphoning millions from taxpayers that more than offset his presidential pay. When it came to foreign conflicts of interest, Trump and his company pledged to pause foreign business. They did not,” Rebecca Jacobs and Robert Maguire wrote for CREW.

And as CREW reports, a large portion of that money came from the golf courses he’s visiting this week.

“Trump pulled in the most money from the United Kingdom, where his Aberdeen and Turnberry golf courses in Scotland helped him gross $58 million. Trump’s now-defunct hotel and tower in Vancouver helped him pull in $36.5 million from Canada. Trump brought in more than $24.4 million from Ireland, home to his often-visited Doonbeg golf course, as well as $9.6 million from India, and nearly $9.7 million from Indonesia,” CREW reported.

Given Trump’s recent visits to his golf courses, people were reminded of Trump’s unethical business dealings this week.

Judge Tosses Trump’s Lawsuit Against NY Times, Orders Him to Pay All Legal Fees

Lachlan Cartwright
Wed, May 3, 2023 at 5:15 PM EDT

Robert Perry

Robert Perry

A New York judge has tossed out Donald Trump’s lawsuit against The New York Times, and ordered the former president to pay all attorneys fees, legal expenses, and associated costs.

Trump filed the lawsuit in 2021, alleging that the newspaper, three of its reporters and his niece Mary Trump engaged in an “insidious plot” to obtain his private records for a Pulitzer-winning story about his tax issues.

While the court tossed out Trump’s claims against the newspaper and its reporters, the claims against the ex-president’s niece have yet to be ruled upon.

The New York Times is pleased with the judge’s decision today,” a paper spokesperson wrote in a statement to The Daily Beast. “It is an important precedent reaffirming that the press is protected when it engages in routine newsgathering to obtain information of vital importance to the public.”

The twice-impeached former president’s claims against the defendants “fail as a matter of constitutional law,” New York Supreme Court Justice Robert R. Reed wrote in his ruling filed on Wednesday afternoon, deeming the paper’s newsgathering as being at “the very core of protected First Amendment activity.”

Reed further ruled that Trump failed to demonstrate any tortious interference when Times journalist Susanne Craig provided his niece with a burner phone to communicate about the records. Furthermore, the judge said the ex-president failed to prove unjust enrichment or negligent supervision on the parts of the Times or reporters Susanne Craig, David Barstow, and Russell Buettner.

In the original lawsuit Trump alleged that the Times colluded with his niece to “smuggle records out of her attorney’s office and turn them over ” to the paper despite a confidentiality agreement she signed in 2001 during a family dispute. He further claimed that Craig, Barstow, and Buettner were “motivated, at least in part, by their actual malice” in reporting on the details within tax returns he’d refused to disclose.

After her uncle initially filed his lawsuit in September 2021, Mary Trump told The Daily Beast: “I think he is a fucking loser, and he is going to throw anything against the wall he can. It’s desperation. The walls are closing in and he is throwing anything against the wall that will stick. As is always the case with Donald, he’ll try and change the subject.”

After a 3rd woman testifies Trump sexually assaulted her, his lawyers announce they won't call any witnesses

Journalist Natasha Stoynoff told jurors that Trump forcibly kissed her while she was interviewing him at his Mar-a-Lago home in 2005.

Caitlin Dickson
Caitlin Dickson
·Reporter
Wed, May 3, 2023 at 7:38 PM EDT

Former People magazine reporter Natasha Stoynoff

Former People magazine reporter Natasha Stoynoff testifying at the civil battery and defamation trial brought by writer E. Jean Carroll against former president Donald Trump. (Courtroom sketch by Jane Rosenberg/Reuters)

NEW YORK CITY — During Wednesday’s testimony in the civil trial of former President Donald Trump, author and journalist Natasha Stoynoff became the third woman to testify under oath that Trump sexually assaulted her years earlier.

Called as a witness by lawyers representing writer E. Jean Carroll, who is suing Trump, Stoynoff took the witness stand at the Daniel Patrick Moynihan U.S. Courthouse in Manhattan. She told the jury about an incident in 2005 during which, she said, Trump forcefully kissed her while she was interviewing him at his Mar-a-Lago estate for an article for People magazine.

Stoynoff testified that she had interviewed Trump several times over the phone and in person during for the magazine, and that he had never made physical advances. That changed, she told the jury, during her trip to Mar-a-Lago in December 2005, when Stoynoff was assigned to do a piece on Trump’s first marriage anniversary with his wife, Melania, who was then pregnant with the couple’s son, Barron.

Choking back tears, Stoynoff told the jury that she spent the day at Mar-a-Lago, conducting interviews with Trump and Melania while they both were being photographed outside by the pool. During a break, she said, Melania went upstairs to change clothes and Trump asked her to go inside because he wanted to show her “a really great room.”

She recounted how he led her into the room and heard him close the door behind them. By the time she turned around, she said, Trump was pushing her against the wall and was kissing her. She told the jury she pushed him away but he came toward her again.

Carroll attorney Michael Ferrara asked her if she screamed or said anything during the assault.

“I didn’t say words. I couldn’t. I tried. No words came out. I tried,” she responded.

The whole encounter lasted just a few minutes, Stoynoff testified, and was interrupted when a butler came into the room to tell them that Melania was ready for their joint interview.

Stoynoff said they went back out into the backyard and Trump said to her “you know we’re going to have an affair don’t you?” before Melania joined them and he began doting on her.

“I was so shocked, flustered. I couldn’t speak,” Stoynoff told the jury, adding that she went into “autopilot” in order to complete the interview.

“It was not easy,” she said. “I had to get my work done.”

Afterward, Stoynoff said she told a close friend and a former journalism professor about her encounter with Trump. She also told her direct superior at work, who was also a close friend, but she didn’t tell anyone else higher up at the magazine for fear that they’d kill her story and Trump would retaliate, she testified.

“I was ashamed and humiliated about what happened,” Stoynoff said.

Stoynoff, who is originally from Canada, said she is “not at all” politically active and has only voted in 3 U.S. presidential elections since becoming an American citizen in her 30s. Her decision to speak publicly about the assault came about after Trump’s entry into the 2016 presidential race.

“I wanted to warn the American people,” she testified.

Just as Jessica Leeds, a second witness called by Carroll’s lawyers, testified a day earlier about an alleged sexual assault by Trump, the release of the “Access Hollywood” tape that captured Trump bragging about sexually assaulting other women also provided motivation for Stoynoff to come forward.

Through tears, Stoynoff testified that when she saw the tape, she thought, “Oh he does this to a lot of women ... it’s not just me. It’s not something I did.”

Carroll’s lawyers sought to show the jury that Trump engaged in a pattern of behavior similar to the sexual assault they say their client suffered in the mid-1990s, when Carroll says Trump raped her in a changing room at the Bergdorf Goodman department store in Manhattan following a chance encounter.

Trump has steadfastly denied the claims made by Carroll, Leeds and Stoynoff, but Carroll’s lawyers also introduced the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape to the jury during Stoynoff’s testimony.

“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything,” Trump was heard saying on the tape played to the jury, “Grab them by the pussy.”

At the conclusion of Stoynoff’s testimony, the jury heard more from Trump, though not in person. Carroll’s lawyers presented video-taped excerpts of the October deposition given by the former president. In the clip, Trump could be seen sitting hunched over a table, his arms crossed, speaking in a low tone and occasionally mumbling.

Carroll attorney Roberta Kaplan could be heard off screen questioning Trump about his relationships outside of his marriage to his first wife Ivana, including his affair with Marla Maples, which Trump denied that he had been public about, despite widespread media coverage.

Kaplan also asked Trump whether he shopped at Bergdorf Goodman at the time of the alleged assault on Carroll.

“It’s possible I was there, but I don’t know that I ever shopped there for myself,” he replied.

On Tuesday, the jury heard from a former Bergdorf Goodman employee who testified he had seen Trump in the women’s section of the store on two occasions.

While Trump lawyer Joe Tacopina told Judge Lewis Kaplan on Wednesday that the former president would not be appearing in court to rebut the claims made against him in the case; a videotaped deposition did, at least, give Trump the chance to deny them.

“It’s the most ridiculous, disgusting story,” Trump said in the video. “It’s made up.”

Tacopina also relayed to the judge that the defense would not call any witnesses to back up Trump’s assertions of innocence.

Kaplan then informed the jury: “I think you can reasonably expect to get the case early next week.”

Jury convicts Proud Boys members of seditious conspiracy in US Capitol attack

Story by By Sarah N. Lynch  1h ago

image.png.b8f7f37e12bb2454d246a17d2d067563.png
Proud Boys members convicted of seditious conspiracy during trial at U.S. District Court in Washington
Proud Boys members convicted of seditious conspiracy during trial at U.S. District Court in Washington© Thomson Reuters

By Sarah N. Lynch

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -A jury on Thursday convicted four members of the far-right Proud Boys militia group including its former leader Enrique Tarrio of seditious conspiracy, finding they plotted to attack the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, in a failed bid to block Congress from certifying President Joe Biden's election victory.

The verdicts after a trial lasting nearly four months in federal court in Washington handed another victory to the U.S. Justice Department, which Attorney General Merrick Garland said has secured the convictions of more than 600 people related to the Capitol rampage by supporters of then-President Donald Trump. Members of the Oath Keepers, another far-right militia, including founder Stewart Rhodes were previously convicted.

In addition to Tarrio, Proud Boys members Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl were convicted of seditious conspiracy - a plot to oppose the government with force - under a Civil War-era law. Conviction on the charge can carry up to 20 years in prison. Dominic Pezzola, the only one of the five defendants who did not play a leadership role in the Proud Boys, was acquitted of the charge.

Proud Boys members convicted of seditious conspiracy during trial at U.S. District Court in Washington
Proud Boys members convicted of seditious conspiracy during trial at U.S. District Court in Washington© Thomson Reuters

The 12-member jury, which deliberated about a week, also found Tarrio, Nordean, Biggs, Rehl and Pezzola guilty of other felonies including obstructing an official proceeding, a charge that also can carry up to 20 years in prison. They also were convicted of conspiring to impede Congress from performing its duties and obstructing law enforcement during a civil disorder.

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly declared a mistrial on a few outstanding counts after jurors said they could not reach a consensus.

Garland said the convicted men played a central role in setting into motion a "heinous attack that sought to disrupt a cornerstone of our democracy - the peaceful transfer of power to a newly elected government."

"Today's verdict makes clear that the Justice Department will do everything in its power to defend the American people and American democracy," Garland added.

The rampage occurred on the day when Congress was voting on formally certifying Biden's victory in the November 2020 election, with rioters attacking police with a variety of weapons. Shortly before the riot, Trump gave an incendiary speech to supporters urging them to go to the Capitol and "fight like hell" and repeated his false claims that the election was stolen from him throughout widespread voting fraud.

Five people including a police officer died during or shortly after the riot. More than 140 police officers were injured.

THE LONGEST CAPITAL RIOT TRIAL

The trial of the Proud Boys members was the longest of any of those arising from the Capitol attack, with the jury hearing about 50 days of testimony since January.

The jury was unable to unanimously reach a verdict on whether to convict Pezzola for conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, though they found the other defendants guilty of that charge. The jury also did not reach a verdict for all the defendants on some other charges related to property destruction at the Capitol and assaults against law enforcement.

Attorneys for Tarrio and some of the other defendants vowed to appeal the convictions.

"We're currently working on the appellate process," Tarrio's attorney Nayib Hassan told reporters.

Rehl's attorney Carmen Hernandez said of her client, "He's got a little girl. ... And his veterans benefits are on the line in a case where he did not commit any violence."

During closing arguments, prosecutor Conor Mulroe said the Proud Boys viewed themselves as a "fighting force lined up behind Donald Trump and ready to commit violence on his behalf" to overturn his election defeat.

Prosecutors told jurors that Tarrio and the other defendants, some of whom led state chapters, purchased paramilitary gear for the attack and urged members of the self-described "Western chauvinist group" to descend on Washington.

Defense lawyers told jurors their clients had no plans to attack the Capitol and had traveled to Washington merely to protest. Some defense lawyers sought to blame Trump, saying he was the one who urged protesters to descend on the Capitol.

FILE PHOTO: Supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump gather in Washington
FILE PHOTO: Supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump gather in Washington© Thomson Reuters

"They want to use Enrique Tarrio as a scapegoat for Donald Trump and those in power," Hassan said of prosecutors during his closing argument.

Of the five defendants, all but Tarrio entered the Capitol during the attack. Prosecutors said they were among the first to charge past barricades erected to protect the building. Tarrio was not in Washington that day. But prosecutors said he helped direct the attack from Baltimore after being ordered by a judge to stay out of Washington following his Jan. 4 arrest for burning a Black Lives Matter banner at a church.

A sixth defendant, Charles Donohoe, pleaded guilty last year to charges including conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'HAPPY TRUMP'S-TERRORISTS ARE-GOING-TO-PRISON DAY TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE!'