Trump's world....

DBP66

20 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

he exposed them and damaged his product...and they got burnt IMO.

It's his product to damage.

If fox was sued evey time they lied or put out misinformation there would be no fox.

I'm afraid an unhappy shareholder is just going to have to be an unhappy shareholder if fox is struggling that badly.

The other lawsuits vs fox have some real meat and that's going to end up costing fox a ton of money.

Might be a good time for people to dish fox stock if you have it.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

It's his product to damage.

If fox was sued evey time they lied or put out misinformation there would be no fox.

I'm afraid an unhappy shareholder is just going to have to be an unhappy shareholder if fox is struggling that badly.

The other lawsuits vs fox have some real meat and that's going to end up costing fox a ton of money.

Might be a good time for people to dish fox stock if you have it.

So if you're saying it's your business practice to lie that's o.k. if you choose to??... I don't agree. You have an obligation to the shareholders to present the best product you can IMO...lying isn't part of the equation when you a "news" agency as they claim IMO...news is about the facts....and they may learn the ultimate lesson....this is a BIG $$$ lawsuit.

10 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

So if you're saying if it's your business practice to lie and that's o.k. if you choose to??... I don't agree. You have an obligation to the shareholders to present the best product you can IMO...lying isn't part of the equation when you a "news" agency as they claim IMO...news is about the facts....and they may learn the ultimate lesson....this is a BIG $$$ lawsuit.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t there a law suit in the past re: Fox reporting and their defense was essentially, it’s entertainment and you can’t take their political comments seriously.  

7 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t there a law suit in the past re: Fox reporting and their defense was essentially, it’s entertainment and you can’t take their political comments seriously.  

I think you may be right but I don't think that was brought up by a stockholder like in this case. The plaintiff can certainly prove Fox lied for ratings/profit based on their own e-mails.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I think you may be right but I don't think that was brought up by a stockholder like in this case. The plaintiff can certainly prove Fox lied for ratings/profit based on their own e-mails.

10-4.  I was just thinking back to a Fox moment.  I didn’t mean to imply that it had any relevance to other cases.  

• Like 1

Reuters

Trump arrives in Manhattan for NY attorney general's deposition

768836e050a98838dc7e9dbd79dd8293

Former U.S. President Donald Trump arrives at Trump Tower in New York City

Thu, April 13, 2023 at 12:30 AM EDT

(Reuters) -Former U.S. president Donald Trump has arrived in Manhattan for a deposition before New York's attorney general Letitia James, he said on Thursday in a post on his social media platform, Truth Social.

James filed a civil lawsuit in New York state court in Manhattan last September against Trump and his three adult children for fraud, accusing them of mis-stating the values of real estate properties to obtain favorable loans and tax benefits. Trump also sued James after she filed that case.

In March, Trump requested the court to delay the deadline of the case by six months, adding that extending the deadlines would provide the necessary time to review the "staggering" volume of materials, including millions of pages of documents, and question dozens of witnesses.

"...I will finally be able to show what a great, profitable, and valuable company I built, actually, some of the greatest real estate assets anywhere in the world," Trump said in another Truth Social post on Thursday.

Trump, who is seeking to regain the presidency in 2024, was also indicted by Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg's office earlier this month.

He was charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records over allegations that he orchestrated payments to two women before the 2016 election to suppress publication of their sexual encounters with him.

Trump lawyer withdraws from documents case after becoming a potential witness

Story by Brad Reed  3h ago

image.png.178fbf3adcdcd5850c1627fe02528ae6.pngAmain attorney defending former President Donald Trump in the Mar-a-Lago documents case has now recused himself after becoming a potential witness.
Donald Trump.
Donald Trump.© Raw Story

The Washington Post reports that attorney Evan Corcoran, who recently was forced to testify by special counsel Jack Smith about conversations he'd had with Trump about the documents, is no longer representing the former president in this particular matter.

Corcoran testified after a judge found that there was enough evidence to suggest that Trump's conversations with Corcoran were in the furtherance of a crime, which allowed Smith's team to pierce the attorney-client privilege shield that normally protects lawyers from having to testify about their own clients.

The Post notes that "legal ethics rules — including those in Maryland and D.C. — generally bar attorneys from acting as advocates at trial when they are likely to be an essential witness" in order to "prevent conflicts of interest between the attorney and client, as well as to avoid putting the other party and the judge at a disadvantage by confusing whether the attorney is speaking to facts based on their personal knowledge — or commenting on evidence given by others."

and what were you doing at 3:00 a.m.?.....the words of a mad-man.

Trump screeches at Fox News in all-caps 3 am Truth Social post

Story by Brad Reed  11h ago

image.png.ec852c874f4805bd9ea118f00d27853a.pngFormer President Donald Trump was up at 3 a.m. on Monday writing an all-caps tirade against Fox News for not continuing to push his false claims about the 2020 election being stolen from him.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images© Raw Story

Apparently reacting to news that Fox has been making a late push to settle the defamation lawsuit filed by Dominion Voting Systems, Trump slammed the network for not doubling down on the same bogus election conspiracy theories that got it sued in the first place.

"IF FOX WOULD FINALLY ADMIT THAT THERE WAS LARGE SCALE CHEATING & IRREGULARITIES IN THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, WHICH WOULD BE A GOOD THING FOR THEM, & FOR AMERICA, THE CASE AGAINST THEM, WHICH SHOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED AT ALL, WOULD BE GREATLY WEAKENED," the former president wrote. "BACK UP THOSE PATRIOTS AT FOX INSTEAD OF THROWING THEM UNDER THE BUS - & THEY ARE RIGHT! THERE IS SOOO MUCH PROOF, LIKE MASS BALLOT STUFFING CAUGHT ON GOVERNMENT CAMERAS, FBI COLLUDING WITH TWITTER & FACEBOOK, STATE LEGISLATURES NOT USED, etc."

On 4/12/2023 at 2:15 PM, DBP66 said:

Pssssst....

"ratings/profit" is for the "benefit of the shareholders"....

🤡

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

Pssssst....

"ratings/profit" is for the "benefit of the shareholders"....

🤡

at the expense of knowingly lying to your viewers???....is that good for business??....do you think the shareholders would approve of the company they are invested in knowingly lying to the masses for profit??....not a company I'd own....😉

Trump’s Fake Georgia Electors Are Now Ratting on Each Other

Jose Pagliery
Tue, April 18, 2023 at 2:02 PM EDT

Joseph Cress-USA TODAY Sports

Joseph Cress-USA TODAY Sports

The fake GOP electors in Georgia that former President Donald Trump recruited as part of his failed attempt to stay in power are starting to point fingers at each other, court documents revealed on Tuesday.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, the Atlanta-area prosecutor who’s investigating Trump’s effort to upend American democracy there, laid out the details in a legal memo to a state judge—one that hints at criminal indictments to come.

According to the memo, prosecutors in July last year dangled immunity deals for “alternate electors” who were willing to cooperate with the investigation—but their defense lawyer is now accused of never telling them about the potential deal.

Following a special purpose grand jury recommendation in December that the DA seek indictments against some people involved in the fraudulent scheme, investigators have turned up the pressure.

It turns out, these Republican officials and political operatives are now starting to squirm, identifying illegal behavior by their colleagues while trying to save their own skin—a sudden pivot that came when Willis’ investigators met with these fake electors last week.

Wednesday and Friday, “some of the electors stated that another elector… committed acts that are violations of Georgia law and that they were not party to these additional acts,” Willis explained in her court filing.

That description means that certain Republicans are now identifying crimes committed by a colleague while distancing themselves from that criminal behavior.

But that situation has created what Willis calls “an impracticable and ethical mess,” because 10 of these fake electors are being represented by a single Atlanta defense lawyer—who can’t possibly advocate for clients who are simultaneously ratting each other out. The DA’s office is using those details to make the case that the judge should intervene and disqualify that defense lawyer, Kimberly Bourroughs Debrow, citing a conflict of interest.

The DA also accused Debrow of highly unethical behavior, noting how several fake electors interviewed last week revealed that they’d never been told about the potential immunity deals—because Debrow never conveyed the message. The DA said that failure “is in direct conflict” with what Debrow’s fellow defense lawyer, Holly A. Pierson, told the judge in August last year.

Debrow, a former local prosecutor in a neighboring county, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Pierson, a former federal prosecutor, called the allegations “entirely false” and said the court has documents that undermine the DA’s previous attempts to disqualify the defense lawyers.

“Sadly, the DA's office continues to seem more interested in media attention, trampling on the constitutional rights of presumptively innocent citizens, and recklessly defaming its perceived opponents than in the facts, the law, or the truth,” Pierson said in a statement.

The DA’s filing on Tuesday is the first indication of who exactly will get hit with criminal charges when Willis seeks an indictment through an Atlanta grand jury—which is expected in the coming weeks.

Debrow represents 10 of the 11 fake electors in question. That list includes Mark Amick, Joseph Brannan, Brad Carver, Vikki Consiglio, John Downey, Carolyn Fish, Kay Godwin, Cathy Latham, Shawn Still and Chandra “C.B.” Yadav.

The list is a “who’s who” of Georgia politics. Amick, Consiglio, and Still have been members of the Georgia Republican Foundation, a fundraising group that attends VIP dinners and touts connections to Trump and his associates. Carver is a lobbyist who serves as the GOP’s chairman in Georgia's 11th congressional district. Brannan is the state’s GOP treasurer. Fisher is the state GOP’s first vice chairwoman. Godwin is an activist who founded Georgia Conservatives in Action. Yadav worked on Kelly Loeffler’s failed Senate bid.

Meanwhile, Latham was previously the top GOP official in a rural Georgia County who coordinated a secret operation to have conspiracy theorists examine local election system computers in early 2021—one that was exposed by The Daily Beast and is now under investigation.

During an hour-long interview last year, she lied repeatedly about her role in putting together the covert mission, which involved having computer forensics experts charter a private plane to the small town and enter a county building to tap into government servers. But text messages and public records revealed she was central to orchestrating the plan.

Now that some of these Republicans seem willing to expose their colleagues’ roles in the fake elector scheme, Debrow’s connections to them “poses a serious risk to the fundamental principle of confidentiality of information,” the DA argued. Willis asked Judge Robert C.I. McBurney to block Debrow “from any further participation” in the case, given that she knows too much already about what others have done.

Willis is leading what is widely considered the most clear-cut criminal investigation of Trump’s Big Lie in 2020, when he used his presidential campaign and lawyers to conduct an all-out assault on the nation’s elections system. Her investigation initially focused on Trump’s menacing Jan. 2, 2021 phone call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, where he pressured the elections official to “find 11,780 votes.” That investigation has since expanded to review the actions across the state to undermine the 2020 elections there.

39 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/20/politics/mike-lindell-2020-election/index.html

“I’ll take data analysis for 5 mil, Alex” 

This will probably convince him he was right.  Why would they try so hard to disprove his claims if they weren't true?  MAGA logic.  That panel is obviously a bunch of lefty communist kale eating woke country hating pukes.  Stupid sheeple.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1.  It is mentioned he’s a friend 

*2. The source is iffy, but I read it 

3.  Not a clue how strong this case is and I defer to others, who may have been following and know more insight and have a more neutral source article. 

* It’s not the left or right slant that I care about… it’s the factual chart that I refer to.  In this case, the article that is shared in this tweet thread is rated “mixed” factual.  So I can’t rely on this article solely.  Mixed to me = maybe. 

IMG_4109.jpeg

Trump Is Losing the E. Jean Carroll Rape Case Even Before It Starts

Jose Pagliery
Tue, April 25, 2023 at 4:33 AM EDT

Photo Illustration by Kelly Caminero / The Daily Beast / Getty

Photo Illustration by Kelly Caminero / The Daily Beast / Getty

With the rape trial of former President Donald Trump just days away, his effort to prevent jurors from hearing about another incident—when Trump allegedly forced himself on a different journalist—fell flat Monday.

The federal judge overseeing the case ruled that Trump’s legal team made their appeal too late. And now jurors are poised to hear about a separate incident that could show a pattern of sexual assault from the former president.

It’s the latest sign that the rape case against Trump, years in the making, might not go his way—after he’s faced setback after setback.

Trump will be on trial this week in Manhattan for allegedly raping magazine journalist E. Jean Carroll inside a luxury department store’s changing room in the mid-1990s. Carroll was only able to expand her civil defamation lawsuit—essentially going after Trump because he claimed Carroll was lying—into a more severe battery lawsuit, after New York passed a state law in November 2022 allowing alleged sexual assault victims to file civil suits after the statute of limitations had expired. Carroll filed her expanded lawsuit just hours after the law took effect.

The incident Trump’s lawyers scrambled to suppress in court is a distinctly similar episode; years after the alleged Carroll rape, a People magazine journalist claimed that Trump sexually assaulted her, too.

Trump’s team argued that the incident was different enough that jurors shouldn’t hear about it because Trump allegedly “only touched her shoulders and kissed her, and never touched or attempted to touch her genitals.”

While U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan didn’t rule on the merits of Trump’s lawyers argument, he still ultimately sided with Carroll’s lawyers and will allow the former People magazine correspondent, Natasha Stoynoff, to testify in the case.

In a letter on Saturday, Trump defense lawyer Joe Tacopina asked the federal judge to reconsider his previous decision to allow Stoynoff to testify about her experience with the real estate mogul in 2005—about a decade after the alleged Carroll incident.

That’s when Stoynoff, on assignment for People, traveled to Trump’s South Florida estate of Mar-a-Lago for a celebrity story about Trump’s one-year wedding anniversary with his pregnant wife Melania. As Stoynoff would recall a decade later, Melania excused herself mid-interview to go upstairs and change her outfit for the photoshoot. That’s when Trump decided to show the journalist around the mansion, guiding her to a particular room he wanted her to see—only to shut the door behind them.

<div class="inline-image__title">USA-ELECTION/TRUMP</div> <div class="inline-image__credit">REUTERS/Leah Millis</div>

USA-ELECTION/TRUMP
REUTERS/Leah Millis

‘Within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat,” Stoynoff said in a 2016 People column. Trump was interrupted when his butler “burst into the room a minute later, as I tried to unpin myself.” As they waited for his wife at an outdoor patio, Stoynoff remembered fumbling with her tape recorder when Trump leaned forward and said, “You know we’re going to have an affair, don’t you?”

Stoynoff also claimed that the next morning, when she showed up late at the Mar-a-Lago spa to enjoy a massage session she had booked, the receptionist told her that “Mr. Trump was here waiting for you” but had left after 15 minutes “for a meeting.” When she returned to New York City, Stoynoff asked her editors to take her off the Trump beat and never interviewed him again.

Trump has called Stoynoff “a liar,” and tweeted in 2017 that it was all “FAKE NEWS.”

Trump also addressed Stoynoff’s allegations at an October 2016 rally, where he famously implored the crowd to “take a look” at Stoynoff. “Look at her, look at her words, you tell me what you think. I don’t think so,” he said to raucous applause.

Despite the attacks, Stoynoff has stood by her story for years.

Last month, Judge Kaplan ruled that Carroll can call Stoynoff as a witness to help bolster her case. Trump’s lawyers tried but failed to keep a mountain of evidence from entering the trial, including video clips that exhibit all the misogynistic things Trump has said over the years. The list ranges from 2016 presidential campaign speeches taking jabs at women who accuse him of sexual misconduct to the leaked Access Hollywood tape where he infamously boasted about grabbing women “by the pussy,” because “when you’re a star they let you do it.”

The Trump legal team’s last-minute effort hints at how damning Stoynoff’s testimony could be at trial, and on Saturday, Tacopina asked that Judge Kaplan take a close look at the details in Stoynoff’s story in the hopes that the judge would see a difference between sexual harassment and sexual assault.

“Your Honor correctly observed that Trump, according to Ms. Stoynoff, did not touch Ms. Stoynoff’s genitals,” Tacopina wrote, continuing that Stoynoff “does not specify what part of her anatomy she claims Mr. Trump groped.”

Tacopina then requested that the judge draw a distinction between forced kissing and sexual groping, because only the more severe accusation would allow Stoynoff to testify. That’s because federal rules of evidence say that a court may admit evidence of a person’s previous sexual assault—but there’s a threshold to meet that definition.

Tacopina wrote that “mere kissing” wouldn’t reach that bar.

Tacopina quotes from Carroll’s own interview of Stoynoff in 2020, when Stoynoff said, “I feel as though, if he had done anything more serious—more sexual, that had to do with sex parts—I would have told my superiors.”

On Sunday, Carroll’s lawyers shot back in a letter of their own dunking on Trump’s team for the last-minute request. Roberta Kaplan, who is not related to the judge, explained how Trump’s lawyers have once again bungled their own legal strategy by waiting until it’s too late to actually analyze the documents they’ve had. She noted that Trump’s lawyers missed the 14-day deadline to appeal the judge’s previous decision and have had Stoynoff’s deposition for seven months.

Kaplan also pointed out that Trump’s alleged behavior at Mar-a-Lago “violated at least two Florida statutes, thus satisfying the crime requirement.”

The federal judge on Monday afternoon decided that Tacopina’s request was “untimely” and any attempt to get him to reconsider “should have been filed well before this request.”

The Trump team’s 11th hour gambit is one of many they’ve tried and failed for a rape case that is nearly four years in the making. The case has been subject to countless delay tactics by the former president.