5A Melissa, TX vs 5A Benton, La (and other BOB news)

RedZone

23 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Melissa just like Argyle is moving up to 5A next Year.  @Horseflyand  I have discussed both of these teams moving to 5A and very confident the move will not be a problem.  

·Melissa, which reached a regional final in Class 4A Division I for football this season, is moving up to 5A and will play in Division II 

Melissa ISD has made big commitment to the community with all they have built with the schools.  The District will be attractive with top notch facilities/programs both academically and athletic’s with land to purchase.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Why can't they just make that game a home game for West Monroe?

I can't imagine Curtis would agree to come to WM, the Rebs would likely want them at Rebel Stadium 2 years in a row since Curtis doesn't normally play in venues that would hold WM as a visiting team...  unless Curtis is looking for some $$$$

12 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

I can't imagine Curtis would agree to come to WM, the Rebs would likely want them at Rebel Stadium 2 years in a row since Curtis doesn't normally play in venues that would hold WM as a visiting team...  unless Curtis is looking for some $$$$

John Curtis doesn't play at the playground anymore....they play their games at Joe Yenni Stadium (8,000), Tad Gormley Stadium (27,000), and Tulane's Yulman Stadium (30,000).

Curtis had Louisville Male schedule this past year at Nicholls St....their Stadium holds 11,000, about an hour from NOLA.

Point is ALL these stadiums could accommodate the 1000-1500 people West Monroe would bring......West Monroe has never been big on traveling anyways.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

If getting blown out by Frisco Memorial is a sign of good football then Melissa is legit!

So you don't believe Calpreps when they had Melissa #184 Nationally this past year....  interesting!!

That loss to Frisco Memorial was included in that ranking.

18 hours ago, Texasball said:

My thoughts 

Rankings are bull shit - should not put any thought into them.

with over 500 6A and 5A teams in this state combined - I wouldn’t beat on Melissa being top 185 in Texas much less nationally.

They play solid brand of ball for the school size.  

This could be good game!

Benton just hasn't been very good the last 3 years.....they don't even fall in the "solid  category".

If Melissa is any good at all they should wear Benton out.

The bigger story is a Dallas Area school (Melissa) is playing at the BOB.......need more Dallas teams.

CE Byrd is solid most years and have some good wins vs Texas. That might be a good game with Pleasant Grove. I would favor Byrd and their Wing-T. 

25 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I would be shocked if PG beats Byrd.  

It’s the 153rd best team in Texas against the 27th Louisiana team. It’s a dud game. Most of Louisiana is soft sissies who won’t play top competition. Benton must have a coach who goes against the mindset and philosophy of the rest of the state. 

PG/Byrd it’s just as terrible as South Broward playing West Monroe

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s the 153rd best team in Texas against the 27th Louisiana team. It’s a dud game. Most of Louisiana is soft sissies who won’t play top competition. Benton must have a coach who goes against the mindset and philosophy of the rest of the state. 

But I would still laugh my ass off if PG wins...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I would be shocked if PG beats Byrd.  

I wouldn't.... Byrd lost to a pretty bad Louisiana team last year.

It takes Byrd a few games to get the Wing-T going if they have to replace a bunch of starters.

Byrd clicks pretty good when they are a veteran squad and have an ATH QB.

I have NO idea about Byrd this year.

Just now, RedZone said:

It takes Byrd a few games to get the Wing-T going if they have to replace a bunch of starters.

Quit crying pussy! You wouldnt be shocked if 153rd Texas team beat the 27th Louisiana team? 

you have zero faith in Louisiana football but I don’t blame you

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

33 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Yall 2 have some unresolved sexual tension or something?

Because the Hate boners are fucking Ridiculous here....

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

That "pretty bad" team went 7-4.

8 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

That "pretty bad" team went 7-4.

And?

They were garbage.

76 Natchitoches Central (Natchitoches, LA)   team preview   trend Louisiana 5A District 1 5A 7-4 4-3 (t 3rd) 4-4 9.5 5.7 52-68
WINS: #1371 Byrd [C. E.] (Shreveport, LA) (23-10), #2105 Parkway (Bossier City, LA) (38-21), #6060 Airline (Bossier City, LA) (28-7), #7092 West Ouachita (West Monroe, LA) (34-6), #9651 Southwood (Shreveport, LA) (37-6), #9846 Woodlawn (Shreveport, LA) (34-0), #12353 Peabody (Alexandria, LA) (41-14), LOSSES: #1286 Woodlawn (Baton Rouge, LA) (42-14), #1403 Captain Shreve (Shreveport, LA) (31-20), #2592 Benton (LA) (35-16), #4735 Haughton (LA) (35-7)

When CE Byrd is rolling they don't lose to Natchitoches Central.