5A Melissa, TX vs 5A Benton, La (and other BOB news)

RedZone

22 hours ago, RedZone said:

John Curtis doesn't play at the playground anymore....they play their games at Joe Yenni Stadium (8,000), Tad Gormley Stadium (27,000), and Tulane's Yulman Stadium (30,000).

Curtis had Louisville Male schedule this past year at Nicholls St....their Stadium holds 11,000, about an hour from NOLA.

Point is ALL these stadiums could accommodate the 1000-1500 people West Monroe would bring......West Monroe has never been big on traveling anyways.

West Monroe is one of the best  traveling teams in the state...  can't imagine where you get your info

But I was mistaken then, I thought JC's home stadium was Bertolino

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reb72 said:

West Monroe is one of the best  traveling teams in the state...  can't imagine where you get your info

But I was mistaken then, I thought JC's home stadium was Bertolino

..1000-1500-2000???, it doesn't matter that's traveling good.

Point is West Monroe is not filling up any stadiums in NOLA.

AND, a home/home with Curtis is doable if West Monroe wanted to do it. They don't want to do it though.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:57 AM, RedZone said:

..1000-1500-2000???, it doesn't matter that's traveling good.

Point is West Monroe is not filling up any stadiums in NOLA.

AND, a home/home with Curtis is doable if West Monroe wanted to do it. They don't want to do it though.

my bad Caj, I misunderstood what you were saying...  you are correct, Arledge doesn't like to travel and would rather play in Rebel Stadium.  But we are traveling to Catholic Baton Rouge this year so it's not unheard of.  The fans however love to travel and do it well 😁

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 11:17 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Losing by 23 to Frisco Memorial and giving up 58 points is as sure as sign as any that you're not top 200 or probably even top 500.

Melissa was much improved team late in the year.

Celina much smaller school than Frisco Memorial beat them too the week prior. Argyle beat Celina easily and Melissa took down Argyle.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:02 PM, AztecPadre said:

Who vs Who?  Is this a football thread or basketball one?  Serious question.  If basketball then that explains why I have never heard of either team. Pardon my ignorance. 

Because neither are big name private schools. 

Melissa is the now-5A team that was always often overshadowed by Argyle.

Benton is a middle of the pack public school that recently joined Louisiana's biggest class...They are one of the smaller schools in 5A.

Off-Topic:

You laughing at USA Soccer yet?  Hard to take them seriously when losing to Canada.  

Not Mexico...Canada...