Which state has the most high school alumni playing in the Super Bowl?

RedZone

Texas wins with 22, California 21, Florida 17, Georgia, 11  Louisiana, 10 no one else in double-digits

https://scorebooklive.com/national/2022/02/04/which-state-has-the-most-high-school-alumni-playing-in-the-super-bowl/

It’s just over a week until the 2022 Super Bowl, that golden sporting event where many viewers tune in for the commercials and zany gamblers can bet on which yard marker will sustain the first divot (SoFi Stadium has artificial turf, but someone might give it a shot anyway).

We’re going to steer clear of such minutiae and focus on a high school angle pertaining to the biggest Sunday in sports.

We looked up where every player on the Cincinnati Bengals and Los Angeles Rams rosters played their final year of high school football and grouped them by state.

Here are all the Bengals and Rams (including injured and practice squad players), grouped by state in alphabetical order, with the high school each player attended in parentheses.

Feature photo of Cooper Kupp (L.A. Rams via Eastern Washington via Davis High School in Yakima) by Thomas Boyd, The Oregonian/OregonLive

Louisiana (10)

Odell Beckham Jr., Rams (Isidore Newman)

Raymond Calais, Rams (Cecilia)

Ja’Marr Chase, Bengals (Archbishop Rummel)

Stanley Morgan, Bengals (St. Augustine)

Robert Rochell, Rams (Fair Park)

Tyler Shelvin, Bengals (Notre Dame)

Trent Taylor, Bengals (Evangel Christian Academy)

Andrew Whitworth, Rams (West Monroe)

Pooka Williams Jr., Bengals (Hahnville)

Brandon Wilson, Bengals (Calvary Baptist Academy)

Just now, RedZone said:

This might be his last year (40 years old)......and going up against his old team (Bengals) in the Super Bowl. That would be the way to go out with a win!

He's had a great career....

Roster status: Active
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Games played: 239
Games started: 235

download (1).jpg

• Like 2

Virginia (2)
Nick Scott, Rams (Fairfax)

Quinton Spain, Bengals (Petersburg)

Nick Scott went to Brookline (MA) his first two years so he's another MA partial-credit player like Christian Wilkins and Lewis Cine. When he moved to the DC area he spurned the traditional powers to attend Fairfax, which was not a strong program.

Vintage footage of Quinton Spain playing HS basketball at about 350 pounds. "Aptly named, because he's about the size of the country"

On 2/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, RedZone said:

Texas wins with 22, California 21, Florida 17, Georgia, 11  Louisiana, 10 no one else in double-digits

https://scorebooklive.com/national/2022/02/04/which-state-has-the-most-high-school-alumni-playing-in-the-super-bowl/

It’s just over a week until the 2022 Super Bowl, that golden sporting event where many viewers tune in for the commercials and zany gamblers can bet on which yard marker will sustain the first divot (SoFi Stadium has artificial turf, but someone might give it a shot anyway).

We’re going to steer clear of such minutiae and focus on a high school angle pertaining to the biggest Sunday in sports.

We looked up where every player on the Cincinnati Bengals and Los Angeles Rams rosters played their final year of high school football and grouped them by state.

Here are all the Bengals and Rams (including injured and practice squad players), grouped by state in alphabetical order, with the high school each player attended in parentheses.

Feature photo of Cooper Kupp (L.A. Rams via Eastern Washington via Davis High School in Yakima) by Thomas Boyd, The Oregonian/OregonLive

Louisiana (10)

Odell Beckham Jr., Rams (Isidore Newman)

Raymond Calais, Rams (Cecilia)

Ja’Marr Chase, Bengals (Archbishop Rummel)

Stanley Morgan, Bengals (St. Augustine)

Robert Rochell, Rams (Fair Park)

Tyler Shelvin, Bengals (Notre Dame)

Pooka Williams Jr., Bengals (Hahnville)

Brandon Wilson, Bengals (Calvary Baptist Academy)

We know who @Reb72 is pulling for.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, RedZone said:

Lead the nation in receiving yards in 2016 at La-Tech. He was drafted by the 49ers (2017) and had a solid rookie season. 

He was a catching machine at La-Tech and Evangel Christian. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/player/_/view/offense/stat/receiving/season/2016/table/receiving/sort/receivingYards/dir/desc

Trent Taylor caught the 2-point pass for the tie against the Chiefs in the AFC Champ game. He mostly handles the punts now for the Bengals (sure hands).....

download (3).jpg

On 2/6/2022 at 10:27 AM, Frosty4024 said:

We know who @Reb72 is pulling for.

Big Whit is such a good guy, it would be very difficult not to pull for him and the Rams being a West Monroe guy myself.  I love Joe Burrow but he has a long (hopefully) career ahead of him; definitely would like to see Whitworth retire with a ring

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 10:23 AM, RedZone said:

A Beckham Jr. Super Bowl win would be #5 for Newman (NOLA).

Fan of Beckham Jr. myself.  Pretty much interested in everything he has to say before and after.

It was kinda funny looking at the CA names.  One of the guys on the list for the Rams that I'm positive nobody's heard of is J.J. Koski.  I remember him running around as a youth.  He was one of those kids that played every sport and was good at them all - football, baseball, basketball, swimming, you name it.  I didn't know he'd made it onto an NFL roster, so was surprised to see him listed.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Fan of Beckham Jr. myself.  Pretty much interested in everything he has to say before and after.

It was kinda funny looking at the CA names.  One of the guys on the list for the Rams that I'm positive nobody's heard of is J.J. Koski.  I remember him running around as a youth.  He was one of those kids that played every sport and was good at them all - football, baseball, basketball, swimming, you name it.  I didn't know he'd made it onto an NFL roster, so was surprised to see him listed.

It is crazy to see how many DI college athletes were All-State...in multiple sports.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Big Whit is such a good guy, it would be very difficult not to pull for him and the Rams being a West Monroe guy myself.  I love Joe Burrow but he has a long (hopefully) career ahead of him; definitely would like to see Whitworth retire with a ring

You read the story about Whit inviting Burrow to rehab his ACL injury with him?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Big Whit can lay claim to being one of the very few (if any) players to win a MNC in High School (West Monroe), a College National Championship (LSU) and Super Bowl (Rams)....if the Rams can win.

• Like 1