FIRE and FURY like the WORLD has never SEEN!!

TheRealCAJ

On 8/15/2017 at 4:05 AM, zulu1128 said:

As predicted, DPRK backs down. 

Never that simple.  Never over.

• Trump 8/8: Fire and Fury
  • Trump on Kim 8/22: I believe he's starting to respect us
  • North Korea 8/29: Fires missile over Japan
  • North Korea 9/3: Possible Nuclear test being reported 

Stay tuned.

For those who are interested, read this several months ago, and thought it a good overview of all the bad options:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/07/the-worst-problem-on-earth/528717/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 10:16 AM, thc6795 said:

Funny after a week of front page headline news on CNN after a week of CNN talking about how President Trump has us on the brink of destruction. Today NK backs down, what does CNN do. Todays headline Trumps not hard enough on KKK. Frigging joke.

...LOL..f*in moron....NK backs down huh? Because they're scared of tough talking Donny??..LOL......O.o

• Haha 1

DBP and 15yds must literally sit at home wetting themselves over all things DPRK 24/7. 

Sad! xD

DPRK claimed they’d chuck a missle at Guam. You people proceeded to lose your shit.

I stated that it would not happen, that the Kimster would back down. 

He did. Hence the 100% correct post, which you two are now humping for some odd reason. 

Carry on. 

5 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

DBP and 15yds must literally sit at home wetting themselves over all things DPRK 24/7. 

Sad! xD

DPRK claimed they’d chuck a missle at Guam. You people proceeded to lose your shit.

I stated that it would not happen, that the Kimster would back down. 

He did. Hence the 100% correct post, which you two are now humping for some odd reason. 

Carry on. 

Welp, if you feel the need to so narrowly redefine what was actually being discussed such that you can tell yourself you were "100% correct," so be it.  I'd suggest then, that in the context of a decades long question, such a 100% correct point is also 99.9999% useless.   People can decide for themselves if you were 100% correct and what that means.

As for me wetting myself over NK 24/7, you'll have to show me where I did that.

While you are looking for those apparently frequent posts indicating a 24/7 wetting, I'll suggest the chief self wetter in this whole thing is none other than our President.  By account, it is the common understanding that the now famous self-holding "fire and fury" comment was in response to a WAPO story about a sketchy bit of intelligence from a single intelligence agency stating NK had miniaturized a nuke such that it could be loaded onto a missile.  

To understand how a functioning adult handles that exact situation,  you need look no further than what happened in 2013 when the same intelligence agency issued the exact same report, and it too made the papers.  Hopefully google works at your house and you can look that up. 

Instead we got this:

"NK best not make any more threats...They will be met with fire, fury, and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before."

So let's parse that a bit.  In light of NK clearly ignoring the warnings (more than just fire and fury comment) and testing a nuke, either, we now need to strike NK with 'fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen before,' which would be an absolute catastrophe, or NK just crossed a red line and the US will not follow through (which we should NOT) and it is just diminishes the meaning of the frequent threats this President likes to issue.  Plus, we already know how the Republican base in this country feels about the establishment and crossing of red lines.

As for me, I think it's time to set aside the phony tough talk, have an actual adult conversation, learn to stop worrying and love the bomb.  I'm a hopeless optimist.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Welp, if you feel the need to so narrowly redefine what was actually being discussed such that you can tell yourself you were "100% correct," so be it.  I'd suggest then, that in the context of a decades long question, such a 100% correct point is also 99.9999% useless.   People can decide for themselves if you were 100% correct and what that means.

I'm not redefining anything. The topic at hand was DPRK threatening Guam. Not sure why you feel the need to muddy the water?

(That's rhetorical, BTW. Your reasoning is, as always...painfully obvious lol)

It's an exaggerated way to point out that you spend unnecessary energy worrying about something that's never going to happen.

While you are looking for those apparently frequent posts indicating a 24/7 wetting, I'll suggest the chief self wetter in this whole thing is none other than our President. 

Of course...right on cue. xD

Not much point responding past here, since it's essentially just your usual "Trump makes me cry" shtick.

Not that you care, but who the POTUS is and what he does/doesn't do or say has little to no effect either way on what DPRK does. They've been rattling their sabre for decades, and will continue to do so regardless.

Oh, and they're never going to launch an attack on Guam, any of their neighbors, or the US mainland. Never.

Carry on not wetting yourself. You're doing great work.

4 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

While you are looking for those apparently frequent posts indicating a 24/7 wetting, I'll suggest the chief self wetter in this whole thing is none other than our President.  By account, it is the common understanding that the now famous self-holding "fire and fury" comment was in response to a WAPO story about a sketchy bit of intelligence from a single intelligence agency stating NK had miniaturized a nuke such that it could be loaded onto a missile.  

To understand how a functioning adult handles that exact situation,  you need look no further than what happened in 2013 when the same intelligence agency issued the exact same report, and it too made the papers.  Hopefully google works at your house and you can look that up. 

Instead we got this:

"NK best not make any more threats...They will be met with fire, fury, and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before."

So let's parse that a bit.  In light of NK clearly ignoring the warnings (more than just fire and fury comment) and testing a nuke, either, we now need to strike NK with 'fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen before,' which would be an absolute catastrophe, or NK just crossed a red line and the US will not follow through (which we should NOT) and it is just diminishes the meaning of the frequent threats this President likes to issue.  Plus, we already know how the Republican base in this country feels about the establishment and crossing of red lines.

As for me, I think it's time to set aside the phony tough talk, have an actual adult conversation, learn to stop worrying and love the bomb.  I'm a hopeless optimist.

One thing I've learned in trying to have an adult conversation, and in having Trumps name come up when talking to those who disagree on any criticism about him, is that you instantly become a crybaby and bed wetter.   Its beyond disengenuous and can be insulting if you let it.  I've yet to hear one single adult response or counter argument against any criticism of our President.  Instead it is 'you hate our President and country'.  Btw, I do not hate him.  It's like hating somebody for having downs syndrome.  Nobody's fault, it's just the way he is wired and he can't help himself.  Those who don't stand up and say something is another matter.

Anyway, good logical post, too bad it was overshadowed by the bed wetting and crying.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

One thing I've learned in trying to have an adult conversation, and in having Trumps name come up when talking to those who disagree on any criticism about him, is that you instantly become a crybaby and bed wetter.   Its beyond disengenuous and can be insulting if you let it.  I've yet to hear one single adult response or counter argument against any criticism of our President.  Instead it is 'you hate our President and country'.  Btw, I do not hate him.  It's like hating somebody for having downs syndrome.  Nobody's fault, it's just the way he is wired and he can't help himself.  Those who don't stand up and say something is another matter.

Anyway, good logical post, too bad it was overshadowed by the bed wetting and crying.  

Appreciate the words my friend.  After all these years, ad hominem is still the most reliable form of deflection.

Best as I can tell, I made my points and he made his.   I think there is an obvious contradiction at the heart of his argument, and he thinks there is an obvious disqualifying emotion at the heart of mine.  People can read the posts and decide what they want to think for themselves.  So, I'm content to leave it there at least until there are other arguments, questions, or more that unfolds in this continuing story...

There is so much energy in the system right now, I think this is about the best we are going to do until things in this country can cool a bit.  I'm afraid it's going to be awhile -- But with all this new found activism everywhere, lets hope we emerge from it as a smarter, more smartly engaged nation. 

• Like 4