Lincoln Riley

steeler01

17 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Thanks. Is that the recruitment ranking or their final ranking?  If the two were placed side by side, the delta will show if a teams final ranking is correlated with their recruitment ranking.  I’ll bet OU generally performs consistently to their recruitment ranking.  I might do that for the top 20 over the last ten years and see how it shakes out. I’ll bet LSU and Texas underperform relative their recruitment.  Anyhow, If RZ would try to supplement his emotionally based arguments with data, maybe he could prove himself right. 

Those are overall rankings(Fr-Sr) for what a team has on its roster for that given year

21 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Thanks. Is that the recruitment ranking or their final ranking?  If the two were placed side by side, the delta will show if a teams final ranking is correlated with their recruitment ranking.  I’ll bet OU generally performs consistently to their recruitment ranking.  I might do that for the top 20 over the last ten years and see how it shakes out. I’ll bet LSU and Texas underperform relative their recruitment.  Anyhow, If RZ would try to supplement his emotionally based arguments with data, maybe he could prove himself right. 

2021 Composite ranking

Screenshot_20220608-084413_Samsung Internet.jpg

57 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

The south just has way more talent and its tougher. It shows up on them biggest stage. The only schools that can hang with southern teams are those who recruit the south.(Ohio state)

Yeah there's a lot of talent definitely, but another thing that's rarely talked about is how hard dudes from the South work (or I should say coaches are able to push them harder).  

The difference between talent in OU and LSU are all the underrated guys that fill the gaps in between.   3*s aren't always the same everywhere and there are a ton more "gems" in the south.   

I mean Cali has a lot of underrated kids and a bunch of them outperform the divas out there because they have to work hard for it.    I just think kids from the south are able to be pushed harder and in worse conditions (heat humidity etc).  

18 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Speaking facts

Screenshot_20220607-163507_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6f9651cbd1ce4d3eeb092fe3d373d136.jpg

Not saying he's right or wrong, but I mean that's Coach speak right?

What would you expect him to say?  ~"I'm glad I'm at USC, but it's kind of been crap lately and building will be tough"?!?

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

There's Coach speak,  and then there's facts. What he said about him having the 3rd and 4th best rosters every time he made the playoffs is actually a fact. 

But why did he say that? It was true a year ago when he was recruiting Caleb Williams to come and play in God forsaken oklahoma. He’s altered his sales pitch. Every single reason he gave him about oklahoma is still true outside of him being there. 

He’s ONLY saying it now because he wants to highlight his current situation and attract players there. It’s what salesmen and Coaches do. 

It’s not a big deal IMO. At all. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, pied said:

But why did he say that? It was true a year ago when he was recruiting Caleb Williams to come and play in God forsaken oklahoma. He’s altered his sales pitch. Every single reason he gave him about oklahoma is still true outside of him being there. 

He’s ONLY saying it now because he wants to highlight his current situation and attract players there. It’s what salesmen and Coaches do. 

It’s not a big deal IMO. At all. 🤷‍♂️

The rest is coach talk imo,  but the part about his roster being 3rd best at best is true

17 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The rest is coach talk imo,  but the part about his roster being 3rd best at best is true

Riley has been the 4th best coach when he's made the college playoffs...... So there's that too.

Maybe Riley and Oklahoma just sucked.

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Tell us what leads you to believe that.  

In 5 years he couldn't build a national champion with Top 10 classes including having 5* QBs and he was gifted playoff chances coming out of the weak Big 12 and failed badly 3 times.

I'm going to love seeing this rock star fail at USC.

Maybe one day Lincoln Riley will take College Football Team Building 101 before it's too late and he has to sell the big house in LA..

Lincoln Riley has never built anything in his life.

He took over a Oklahoma team that was #3 in the nation the previous year (2016). Sooner returned just about their entire offense including Mayfield who won the Heisman Trophy in 2017.... Oklahoma was the Big 12 favorite and also one of the favorites to make the college football playoffs Lincoln Riley's first year. Oklahoma had a roster full of talent in 2017.

To hear Lincoln Riley speak Oklahoma was a stepchild when it came to national recruiting. Total bullshit.

That someone would pay this guy 110 million is really hard to comprehend. Never built anything....... maybe some model airplanes or something.

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

He took over a Oklahoma team that was #3 in the nation the previous year (2016). Sooner returned just about their entire offense including Mayfield who won the Heisman Trophy in 2017.... Oklahoma was the Big 12 favorite and also one of the favorites to make the college football playoffs Lincoln Riley's first year. Oklahoma had a roster full of talent in 2017.

To hear Lincoln Riley speak Oklahoma was a stepchild when it came to national recruiting. Total bullshit.

That someone would pay this guy 110 million is really hard to comprehend. Never built anything....... maybe some model airplanes or something.

There certainly is truth there and to be honest I didn't think he'd be as successful as he has been.  

Don't know how he'll do at SC, but glad he's not at ou anymore.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pied said:
15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Expand  

There certainly is truth there and to be honest I didn't think he'd be as successful as he has been.  

Don't know how he'll do at SC, but glad he's not at ou anymore.  

A lot of coaches had to work their asses off to get a major college football shot. Lincoln  Riley walked into a powerhouse! He didn't even have to walk he was already there. He knew the team and the team knew him.

How good would Lincoln Riley have been at La-Lafayette? Billy Napier at least built something and was rewarded getting the Florida gig.

Anyways, he'll probably do ok in the Pac-12 and with USC. It just isn't that tough of a league and USC still carries a lot of recruiting weight. If he can't win some games at USC then Lincoln Riley isn't really worth very much. 

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

A lot of coaches had to work their asses off to get a major college football shot. Lincoln  Riley walked into a powerhouse! He didn't even have to walk he was already there. He knew the team and the team knew him.

How good would Lincoln Riley have been at La-Lafayette? Billy Napier at least built something and was rewarded getting the Florida gig.

Anyways, he'll probably do ok in the Pac-12 and with USC. It just isn't that tough of a league and USC still carries a lot of recruiting weight. If he can't win some games at USC then Lincoln Riley isn't really worth very much. 

He certainly didn't go about it in the traditional way, but he made the most of it. Five seasons, three conference championships and four playoff appearances, then moving on to more money at a traditional school is pretty much dreamland for almost any coach ever.  

I wish nothing but failure to anyone associated with ou, but it is what it is lol.

12 minutes ago, pied said:

He certainly didn't go about it in the traditional way, but he made the most of it. Five seasons, three conference championships and four playoff appearances, then moving on to more money at a traditional school is pretty much dreamland for almost any coach ever.  

I wish nothing but failure to anyone associated with ou, but it is what it is lol.

Well, it's good to see USC Fanboys excited and talking about football once again. They have been excited before though only to get their feelings crushed with each new coach they hire.

Had USC just hired the fat Cajun. Crawfish just wasn't glamorous enough. lol

#crawfish

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Well, it's good to see USC Fanboys excited and talking about football once again. They have been excited before though only to get their feelings crushed with each new coach they hire.

Had USC just hired the fat Cajun. Crawfish just wasn't glamorous enough. lol

#crawfish

Crawfish is the Rat of the Sea, prove me wrong 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Crawfish is the Rat of the Sea, prove me wrong 

Crayfish are freshwater crustaceans resembling small lobsters, to which they are closely related. They are found in bodies of water that do not freeze to the bottom, and which have shelter against predators. Nearly all crayfish live in freshwater, although a few survive in salt water. More than half of the more than 500 species occur in North America, mostly in Kentucky and Louisiana.

http://www.lagunadesantarosa.org/Docent/FieldNotes/Field Notes 10-2-06.pdf

3 hours ago, pied said:

Crayfish are freshwater crustaceans resembling small lobsters, to which they are closely related. They are found in bodies of water that do not freeze to the bottom, and which have shelter against predators. Nearly all crayfish live in freshwater, although a few survive in salt water. More than half of the more than 500 species occur in North America, mostly in Kentucky and Louisiana.

http://www.lagunadesantarosa.org/Docent/FieldNotes/Field Notes 10-2-06.pdf

Most people when they overcome the "fear" and learn how to actually eat crawfish without looking totally silly can't get enough of them.....most people.

Some just ain't touching them.

Nothing to be afraid of really.

• Haha 1