Catholic Memorial (West Roxbury, MA) #21 Nationally Per "calpreps".

RedZone

11 hours ago, RedZone said:

That resume is a little bit of a joke to me....

How can it not be?

Other than that I really don't have anything against that team.

Right now they haven't hit the most challenging portion of the schedule. So yeah, it looks a little funny. But there is a lot of D1 talent and speed on the roster. I saw them Friday night, they're ridiculous. They've got 10 or 11 FBS offered kids in their senior and junior classes. They believe they'll have a bunch more when the current freshmen are older. I'd love to see them play a showcase-type game but that hasn't happened yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Right now they haven't hit the most challenging portion of the schedule. So yeah, it looks a little funny. But there is a lot of D1 talent and speed on the roster. I saw them Friday night, they're ridiculous. They've got 10 or 11 FBS offered kids in their senior and junior classes. They believe they'll have a bunch more when the current freshmen are older. I'd love to see them play a showcase-type game but that hasn't happened yet.

They're already better then all of New England. Skip NY and head straight to Jersey and play some of the BNU teams for a  better test. Or even SJP in Philly. Those would be interesting matchups. 

I like that Springfield Centra; stepped it up and took on SJC. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

The entire state of Massachusetts is lucky if it signs 15 FBS players in a year. This school has more than half of them? 

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

They're already better then all of New England. Skip NY and head straight to Jersey and play some of the BNU teams for a  better test. Or even SJP in Philly. Those would be interesting matchups. 

I like that Springfield Centra; stepped it up and took on SJC. 

I'd love to see CM play a BNU team. This year's team would compete pretty well.

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

The other half are probably on Springfield Central’s team….

TBH the top recruit in the MIAA this year is Joenel Aguero from St. John's Prep, who came back from IMG because he wanted to face some real competition, and then in the ISL you have one of the top linemen prospects in the country in Samson Okunlola, plus a couple other 4* kids committed to Clemson and Penn State.

A big trend in recent years had been top talent heading towards the ISL (fancy private schools that can allow kids to reclassify) and CM is doing a good job of competing with that. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MA Fan said:

TBH the top recruit in the MIAA this year is Joenel Aguero from St. John's Prep, who came back from IMG because he wanted to face some real competition, and then in the ISL you have one of the top linemen prospects in the country in Samson Okunlola, plus a couple other 4* kids committed to Clemson and Penn State.

A big trend in recent years had been top talent heading towards the ISL (fancy private schools that can allow kids to reclassify) and CM is doing a good job of competing with that. 

Whats Xaverian Brothers and Everett been up to?

On 10/1/2022 at 9:09 AM, RedZone said:

.....calpreps cannot be taken seriously like 99.75% of this forum.

Catholic Memorial #21 right above Colquitt County.

21 Catholic Memorial (West Roxbury, MA)   team preview   trend Massachusetts Catholic 2 3-0 0-0 1-0 68.6 10.4 6-6
WINS: #1856 Bishop Hendricken (Warwick, RI) (48-6), #2411 La Salle Academy (Providence, RI) (47-7), #5628 Algonquin Regional (Northborough, MA) (46-0), LOSSES: none
22 Colquitt County (Norman Park, GA)   team preview   trend Georgia AAAAAAA Region 1 AAAAAAA 6-0 0-0 0-0 68.1 33.4 17-15
WINS: #44 Cedar Grove (Ellenwood, GA) (39-17), #71 Lee County (Leesburg, GA) (48-27), #753 Stockbridge (GA) (29-0), #799 Lincoln (Tallahassee, FL) (30-7), #2437 Tift County (Tifton, GA) (41-13), #4023 Deerfield Beach (FL) (37-0), LOSSES: none

Not that I think you're interested in facts, but none of the games Catholic Memorial has played have had any real impact on their rating.  They're still pretty much off of their preseason rating, but it appears that the "0" team (the national average) may be of lower quality than expected, thus the slight increase in CM's rating.

I understand that it's much easier to bitch and moan about a system than to actually learn how it works.

Aside from assumptions, what actual evidence do you have that this team doesn't belong here?  We won't have any real indication of where they belong until they play St. John's Prep and Xaverian Brothers.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Not that I think you're interested in facts, but none of the games Catholic Memorial has played have had any real impact on their rating.  They're still pretty much off of their preseason rating, but it appears that the "0" team (the national average) may be of lower quality than expected, thus the slight increase in CM's rating.

I understand that it's much easier to bitch and moan about a system than to actually learn how it works.

Aside from assumptions, what actual evidence do you have that this team doesn't belong here?  We won't have any real indication of where they belong until they play St. John's Prep and Xaverian Brothers.

I think we both know that he has no actual evidence.  He’s doing what he does: kvetching for the sake of kvetching.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Whats Xaverian Brothers and Everett been up to?

Xaverian rolled in a season-opening win over Everett. But a few weeks later, King Philip beat Xaverian, 19-14. I was at that game. X had trouble sustaining consistent offense.

Both X and E will be in the mix in D1, but Springfield Central is the favorite.

22 hours ago, Wosinc said:

I think we both know that he has no actual evidence.  He’s doing what he does: kvetching for the sake of kvetching.

We also know that if a LA team was in place of the MA team (with a similar resume), he would be proclaiming his state to be better than GA.

• Haha 2