Geico Bowl Series 2022

FootballGuy

14 hours ago, badrouter said:

Columbiafan continues with his obsession over a non-issue. There are precious few people still arguing that private schools are themselves the problem. But, he just keeps beating the horse that that is the issue for people…when it’s not. Very weird.

Then why separate them instead of addressing the real problem? Because separating them is literally SAYING THAT THEY ARE THE PROBLEM 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 181pl said:

Really in name only. There are no boundary restrictions for private schools. Any kid that chooses to go there can go there as long as they’re accepted into the school.

In the recent past it was not uncommon for public schools to turn each other in when their players got poached and were living out of district, although it’s becoming more difficult with the free transfer rule.

Very difficult to do prove recruiting against private schools because at the end of the day, it’s difficult to refute a choice made by a family to privately educate their kid. Especially with a super well-known program like STA. Every player in South Florida would probably like to go there if it was realistic for them. You’d need pretty rock solid evidence of a coach or booster persuading a kid to enroll specifically for athletics. And I’m not saying that STA does this. Although I think every successful school over the years has probably engaged in this practice a little bit.

And at the end of the day why should it even matter? A private school has to recruit students in order to exist. They should just take the restrictions re: athletic recruiting away IMO.

Just my 2 cents.

Many in SFL don't like STA so if STA was actively recruiting I'm sure people would have turned them in. The threshold by the FHSAA to consider It recruiting is a school proving "special treatment to a kid that wouldn't get it as an athlete" (in simple terms, I know the wording is different) or "any member in connection to the school whether it's a coach, player, administrator or booster club member, etc contacting a kid to try and persuade them to attend their school" 

What typically happens is unless someone has messages that do that the FHSAA can't do anything and typically that means unless the kid turns them in or he sends it to someone else who does their is no evidence of recruiting but just as you said about public schools trying to turn schools in for it I doubt anyone wouldn't try to turn STA in if they could prove they did anything wrong. 

I'm not gonna to pretend what goes on behind the doors in SFL but I guarantee you there are schools who bend the rules much further than I've seen any evidence of STA doing over the years and until people address that then private vs public isn't the biggest issue that is causing a competitive imbalance 

16 hours ago, 181pl said:

Really in name only. There are no boundary restrictions for private schools. Any kid that chooses to go there can go there as long as they’re accepted into the school.

There are no boundary restrictions for public schools anymore, either.

But I bet you haven't read or don't understand the new law that was passed in 2017.

16 hours ago, badrouter said:

And, it should be noted that, off the top of most of our heads, you’ve never gotten a single prediction right.

Here are two just on this board that I could find in less than 6 seconds.

👇

On 12/10/2019 at 1:58 PM, The Guru said:

You pulled this same stuff with Bassfield, MS.

Remember that?

Mississippi 2A Champions played "good football" and signed a 2-year deal to play Niceville.

I said Niceville would kill them.

You laughed.

The results?

54-21

42-7

Utter annihilation.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:35 PM, Atticus Finch said:

Hence why he bet me a year-long ban that North Miami Beach would beat Cypress Bay in the 2010 playoffs. Not only did I take that bet but I said that Cypress Bay would kill them and gave him 17 points.

They won by 36.

16 hours ago, badrouter said:

And, it should be noted that, off the top of most of our heads, you’ve never gotten a single prediction right.

And another.

👇

On 12/10/2020 at 9:02 PM, badrouter said:

If Bloomingdale avoids giving up any scores to STA's defense or special teams- a very difficult challenge- I think they win the game.

On 12/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, Atticus Finch said:

I'm telling you that we know how to evaluate teams. You seem to think that Bloomingdale offers a challenge that STA has never encountered before.

The reality of the season is that despite COVID and having little practice time, STA should still win comfortably.

25 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

There are no boundary restrictions for public schools anymore, either.

But I bet you haven't read or don't understand the new law that was passed in 2017.

Sure there are. Any school at capacity is bound by its terrestrial boundaries. I don’t know what sort of fantasy land you live in but a lot of schools are still bound by their actual boundaries because of population.

6 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Sure there are. Any school at capacity is bound by its terrestrial boundaries. I don’t know what sort of fantasy land you live in but a lot of schools are still bound by their actual boundaries because of population.

Look I'm aware most schools in Tampa are at capacity but that's not the case in Jacksonville or SFL so publics in those areas can basically pull from the entire county 

11 minutes ago, 181pl said:

The school board decides who is at capacity.

And no school board can bar a transfer to their school, from any other county, if that school is not at capacity.

19 minutes ago, badrouter said:

This is where you are confused. ALMOST NOBODY IS SAYING TO SEPARATE THEM.

Except, you know, one of the most obnoxious people in *this* very thread.

👇

On 10/13/2022 at 8:33 AM, 181pl said:

You'll never know who the best team in FL is by way of a traditional playoff. Need to let the best public schools and the best private schools (including IMG, CAI, etc.) play in separate divisions and then have an open bowl. Every once in a while you'd have a public like Central or Lakeland step up and win. Most of the time it would be the bought and paid for teams that would win. 

On 10/14/2022 at 8:22 AM, 181pl said:

Again, your views on this are biased, inaccurate, and not based in reason or logic. The only way to level the playing field is to have public and private classifications. The easiest way would be for the legislature to get out of private athletics. 

22 minutes ago, badrouter said:

This is where you are confused. ALMOST NOBODY IS SAYING TO SEPARATE THEM.

You sure about that? See unlike your buddy PCGridiron I don't have to lie then block people who expose their lies like a little punk bitch

I'm a truthful and honest person who doesn't need to resort to lying to be the expert I am 

On 10/14/2022 at 8:22 AM, 181pl said:

Again, your views on this are biased, inaccurate, and not based in reason or logic. The only way to level the playing field is to have public and private classifications. The easiest way would be for the legislature to get out of private athletics. 

The FHSAA has the power to separate public and private schools, as they'd both still be members, just competing for different titles. However, the private school lobby within the FHSAA is clearly pretty strong based on how the classifiations have been run for decades. The FHSAA lobby is obviously strong based on the language used in the statute, but it only takes one rep or state senator to have a better idea and sell it to his or her colleagues. The best scenario is for the legislature to concern itself with only public schools and let the privates do what they want. 

1006.20 Athletics in public K-12 schools.

(1) GOVERNING NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION.The Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) is designated as the governing nonprofit organization of athletics in Florida public schools. If the FHSAA fails to meet the provisions of this section, the commissioner shall designate a nonprofit organization to govern athletics with the approval of the State Board of Education. The FHSAA is not a state agency as defined in s. 120.52. The FHSAA shall be subject to the provisions of s. 1006.19. A private school that wishes to engage in high school athletic competition with a public high school may become a member of the FHSAA. Any high school in the state, including charter schools, virtual schools, and home education cooperatives, may become a member of the FHSAA and participate in the activities of the FHSAA. However, membership in the FHSAA is not mandatory for any school. The FHSAA must allow a private school the option of maintaining full membership in the association or joining by sport and may not discourage a private school from simultaneously maintaining membership in another athletic association. The FHSAA may allow a public school the option to apply for consideration to join another athletic association. The FHSAA may not deny or discourage interscholastic competition between its member schools and non-FHSAA member Florida schools, including members of another athletic governing organization, and may not take any retributory or discriminatory action against any of its member schools that participate in interscholastic competition with non-FHSAA member Florida schools. The FHSAA may not unreasonably withhold its approval of an application to become an affiliate member of the National Federation of State High School Associations submitted by any other organization that governs interscholastic athletic competition in this state. The bylaws of the FHSAA are the rules by which high school athletic programs in its member schools, and the students who participate in them, are governed, unless otherwise specifically provided by statute. For the purposes of this section, “high school” includes grades 6 through 12.

On 10/13/2022 at 8:33 AM, 181pl said:

You'll never know who the best team in FL is by way of a traditional playoff. Need to let the best public schools and the best private schools (including IMG, CAI, etc.) play in separate divisions and then have an open bowl. Every once in a while you'd have a public like Central or Lakeland step up and win. Most of the time it would be the bought and paid for teams that would win. 

22 hours ago, 181pl said:

i’ll respond to Canes0177 when I have time. The comment above about STA working hard is of course accurate. They have maintained a level of excellence and that takes a hell of a lot of dedication and hard work. I’m not trying to take that away from them. Never would. I’m not saying they don’t deserve their accolades.

But it’s also not a punishment to put them into a separate division with teams that have similar advantages. I have no idea why a few private school supporters continuing to fight so vigorously against the obvious. We need to separate these schools into their own division. Plan simple. Doesn’t mean they still won’t be state champions. It just means they’ll be beating up on each other. And then if you have a unusually talented and well performing public school, they can play in a bowl game and maybe the public school wins once in a while. 

9 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

You sure about that? See unlike your buddy PCGridiron I don't have to lie then block people who expose their lies like a little punk bitch

I'm a truthful and honest person who doesn't need to resort to lying to be the expert I am 

Columbiafan, I hope you find all the help you need. 

• Thumbs Down 1

22 hours ago, TruthSerum said:

I stand by my beliefs that a private school committed to winning in athletics has immeasurable advantages over a public school. 

You are entitled to your opinion but that’s mine. we could argue about the points back-and-forth all day long. But it’s a waste of time. Hell, Atticus and I have been arguing these points for 15 years on these boards.  However all you really need to do is simply look at the results on the field.

Look at the max preps top 25? Tell me how many of those schools are private football factories? Most of them now. You get a few public schools that sneak in, but at the end of the day it’s the MDs, St. John Bosco, Saint Francis, St. Thomas Aquinas, bishop Gorman, Bergen Catholics. St. Joes, St. Edwards, Don Bosco, AHPs, CMs, Etc. that dominate these rankings. And then when they play a top public school in an intersectional matchup they blow them out. So any smokescreen you want to run for a program like STA is basically just rationalization that there is somehow a level playing field when clearly there is not based on the results.

Atticus, peace be with you.

By the way, I’m presuming that barring some big upset, MD will have a second straight national title. So that will mean six out of seven years the national championship has gone to a private football factory and not a public school. North Shore snuck in in 2018 and if I recall I think it was due to a MD loss to SJB they later avenged or it would be 7 years in a row.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

I stand by my beliefs that a private school committed to winning in athletics has immeasurable advantages over a public school. 

You are entitled to your opinion but that’s mine. we could argue about the points back-and-forth all day long. But it’s a waste of time. Hell, Atticus and I have been arguing these points for 15 years on these boards.  However all you really need to do is simply look at the results on the field.

Look at the max preps top 25? Tell me how many of those schools are private football factories? Most of them now. You get a few public schools that sneak in, but at the end of the day it’s the MDs, St. John Bosco, Saint Francis, St. Thomas Aquinas, bishop Gorman, Bergen Catholics. St. Joes, St. Edwards, Don Bosco, AHPs, CMs, Etc. that dominate these rankings. And then when they play a top public school in an intersectional matchup they blow them out. So any smokescreen you want to run for a program like STA is basically just rationalization that there is somehow a level playing field when clearly there is not based on the results.

And I could argue that those teams biggest advantage is that they are almost exclusively in major cities with access to great talent pools and will have the same advantage as a public in a major city in a state with open enrollment such as Florida

You have still not said what STA can do that allows them access to talent that's an advantage over a Miami Central. If you want to separate privates okay but I still think Miami Central and Miami Northwestern and a few other publics should share a classification with these privates because they are no better when it comes to "loading up on transfers"

That's why I was in favor of metro/suburban as it addressed the real imbalance of metro schools vs rural schools

If the issue was really public vs private than how come there isn't a private school football program in the state of Florida in the top 100 in the state from a county of less than 100k people?

11 hours ago, 181pl said:

You're a crazy person.

Nobody has been arguing this with you. What we've been arguing is your lies and disingenuous claims.

Get help.

• Haha 1