Geico Bowl Series 2022

FootballGuy

2 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

They may be but I have doubts these posters would spend as much time building them up if they weren't playing Lakeland

They've been toying with teams to.    Like vs Madison County the score looks respectable but it was 39-6 end of 3rd and CAI called off the dogs early.

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

They've been toying with teams to.    Like vs Madison County the score looks respectable but it was 39-6 end of 3rd and CAI called off the dogs early.

Perhaps but this may be Madison County weakest team in 2 decades, very undersized especially in the trenches compared to normal and defense looks suspect

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Though CAI also shut out Miami Palmetto and Fort Dorchester 

I just think that if Lakeland was playing Ocoee you would see the Lakeland fans hyping that game up the same way as they doing CAI

12 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

Though CAI also shut out Miami Palmetto and Fort Dorchester 

I just think that if Lakeland was playing Ocoee you would see the Lakeland fans hyping that game up the same way as they doing CAI

Choose a side genius.✍️

A. CAI is only good because they are on Lakeland's schedule.

B. CAI is good because of how they played, who they played, and the many 3-star/4star kids on the roster.

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Clearwater Academy is only being mentioned *because* they play Lakeland.

If you're going to spam us with your crappy Twitter account at least get that part right.

Bingo, he is just desperate to pretend to be relevant and wants to try and use the Polk County athletes to get his clout because he has never done anything relevant in his life 

Any person with a brain cell could read what I said and realize that I was not saying CAI isn't good, I was saying the Lakeland people were only TALKING about CAI because they were playing Lakeland and if a team of similar level was there but wasn't playing Lakeland they would never mention them 

4 hours ago, TruthSerum said:

And yet Central has gotten more transfers every year than STA the last 5 seasons? Didn't Dillard take a blue chipper from STA this off-season? As did Miami Central? If STA is getting every top player in Broward County than how come STA doesn't have a 5* WR but stranahan does?

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=1414

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=8990

In fact STA doesn't have a single 5* player in their entire senior class

OK Atticus. STA is a machine with great players and professional coaches and oodles of resources. If a kid has to pick between going to some rando public school or STA where do you think he’s going?

6 minutes ago, 181pl said:

OK Atticus. STA is a machine with great players and professional coaches and oodles of resources. If a kid has to pick between going to some rando public school or STA where do you think he’s going?

So because STA has a good coaching staff they should be separated? There are public schools with former NFL players as coaches, typically they are alumni

But if being successful is the issue than by that logic you should want Central and Northwestern separated from the normal public schools unless you think they don't have alumni from the NFL coaching at either school

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

In the Rivals era, STA has had fewer 5-star players than American Heritage,

But I have to remind myself that I'm interacting with the doofus who, in 2017, claimed that STA had 60 4-star and 5-star transfers in the past decade.

In reality the number of transfers who were either were 4-stars or 5-stars or became one later was actually only 8.

Stop clown. STA is a great, great program for many reasons. Coaching, tradition, national name recognition, resources, big name pro athlete alumni, etc. But without stud players flocking there they’d be something else. Columbus maybe?

21 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

So because STA has a good coaching staff they should be separated? There are public schools with former NFL players as coaches, typically they are alumni

But if being successful is the issue than by that logic you should want Central and Northwestern separated from the normal public schools unless you think they don't have alumni from the NFL coaching at either school

No. Well healed private schools and sports academies have resources that allow them to build consistent winners. When you can afford nice facilities, great coaches, can almost guarantee a winning product, and when you are offering a private education to players, this creates advantages. If you cannot see this then there’s really nothing else to discuss. 

And I’m not saying there aren’t great public school programs, like central, Northwestern, Lakeland, manatee and plant in the recent past, Venice, Apopka, etc. But year in and year out those teams cannot compete with STA. or to a lesser extent, American heritage, Chaminade, and a host of other private schools.

Other than maybe central, most publics cant compete at that level. Central has the very unique position of being that “it team” in Dade county. But there’s only one Dade county in the entire country.

7 minutes ago, 181pl said:

No. Well healed private schools and sports academies have resources that allow them to build consistent winners. When you can afford nice facilities, great coaches, can almost guarantee a winning product, and when you are offering a private education to players, this creates advantages. If you cannot see this then there’s really nothing else to discuss. 

And I’m not saying there aren’t great public school programs, like central, Northwestern, Lakeland, manatee and plant in the recent past, Venice, Apopka, etc. But year in and year out those teams cannot compete with STA. or to a lesser extent, American heritage, Chaminade, and a host of other private schools.

Other than maybe central, most publics cant compete at that level. Central has the very unique position of being that “it team” in Dade county. But there’s only one Dade county in the entire country.

So I guess Lakeland has neither? How come public schools In Georgia, Alabama, Texas afford great facilities? 

Maybe the issue for Florida publics has more to do with crappy booster clubs that are cheap and don't support the program because there are top publics out there capable of having great facilities and coaches 

Sure private schools most certainly have more money resources available but again if that's the case why are the only privates that are competitive in Florida in the METRO areas? Why are there not rural area privates dominating and beating up on public schools consistently?

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Holy non sequitur, Batman!

So because a kid would choose STA over (insert public school) then therefore they......recruit? Board students? Are an academy?

The stupid is so strong here that even I'm shocked that you could stoop lower than usual.

• Thumbs Down 1

He had to join this board because he is desperate to gain followers by spamming his nonsense here and hoping to get traction because his current follow base is getting tired of listening to his stale homerism attitude and malarkey shenanigans but hey let us know how great Lake Wales is with their schedule that like always has to lean off of an average Sebring team to look like a halfway decent schedule FOR a Polk County team