Geico Bowl Series 2022

FootballGuy

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Langston Hughes will stomp a mudhole in Keebler.

A MUDHOLE !!!!!

Rufus>>

Damn all these years I viewed him as an African American activist and poet.  Good to know he is now a ruffian too.   I thought he was more likely to write about a mud hole than stomp one in somebody🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Clearwater Academy is only being mentioned *because* they play Lakeland.

If you're going to spam us with your crappy Twitter account at least get that part right.

1) It is true that the only reason I'm interested in CAI is that they play Lakeland.

2) The truth of #1 above does absolutely nothing to refute or discredit any claims made about the quality of their team. They could be the worst team in the history of the world; the best team in the history of the world or anywhere in between those two extremes. But, my motives for following them or calling attention to them would be irrelevant to all of that.

The advantages STA enjoys now are:

1) location right in the middle of the densest collection of talent in the country

2) Its very large (by private school standards) parent and alumni base which is comprised of a very rare level of wealth. Within football powers, only Mater Dei, a couple schools in the DC area, a couple in Cincy and Cleveland, and a few other schools also in South Florida compare in this way. SJB doesn't have anywhere near the wealth of parents and alumni that MD has. The other notable private schools simply lack the football pedigree of the aforementioned.*

There isn't anything nefarious about #1 or #2. And there's no decent way to try to level the playing field either. It is what it is.

* California has a few other programs, like Loyola (L.A.), Harvard-Westlake, Servite etc that may claim to be in this group. But, they are clearly several notches below the above listed schools IMO. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Are you going to deny that this is a direct quote of yours?

"STA had probably 60 4-star players transfer over the last 10 years." – 181pl

How old is that? Awesome. Your level of devotion to being an innane jackass never ceases to amaze me. Keep on keeping on. And good luck to STA in the 3x, or y or z or lgbtqxayabc playoffs. 

Florida has sunken off the radar as far as how they have handled football classifications. But I'm sure you think its great.

6 hours ago, 181pl said:

How old is that? Awesome. Your level of devotion to being an innane jackass never ceases to amaze me. Keep on keeping on. And good luck to STA in the 3x, or y or z or lgbtqxayabc playoffs. 

Florida has sunken off the radar as far as how they have handled football classifications. But I'm sure you think its great.

It did more to level the playing field than separating privates and publics would have ever done

7 hours ago, 181pl said:

Filibustering now, I see.

I know it's embarrassing but at least attempt a coherent response.

7 hours ago, 181pl said:

I mean just look at how pathetic this guy is.

He's been making the same stupid and inaccurate claims for years and then when called on it he just calls the person a jackass and feverishly attempts to change the subject.

What's more is that his pathetic attempt to change the subject is inaccurate itself. I've been one of the most vocal critics of any changes to the classifications.

8 hours ago, badrouter said:

2) The truth of #1 above does absolutely nothing to refute or discredit any claims made about the quality of their team. They could be the worst team in the history of the world; the best team in the history of the world or anywhere in between those two extremes. But, my motives for following them or calling attention to them would be irrelevant to all of that.

This is actually demonstrably untrue.

Your motivation for talking about them is the same motivation that you would have to overrate them. We have several examples of you doing this over the years: Plant City in 2019, Lake Gibson in 2021, Osceola this year.

When proven wrong you just dust yourself off and move on to your next fraud.

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Filibustering now, I see.

I know it's embarrassing but at least attempt a coherent response.

What's embarrasing is that for decades you've pretended STA doesn't really have an advantage over anyone and used illogical rationalization to support you silly stances. Typical Alinsky nonsense. BTW, congrats on your expansion. Apparently you've got TS on the payroll? Nice job.

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I mean just look at how pathetic this guy is.

He's been making the same stupid and inaccurate claims for years and then when called on it he just calls the person a jackass and feverishly attempts to change the subject.

What's more is that his pathetic attempt to change the subject is inaccurate itself. I've been one of the most vocal critics of any changes to the classifications.

Again, your views on this are biased, inaccurate, and not based in reason or logic. The only way to level the playing field is to have public and private classifications. The easiest way would be for the legislature to get out of private athletics. 

The FHSAA has the power to separate public and private schools, as they'd both still be members, just competing for different titles. However, the private school lobby within the FHSAA is clearly pretty strong based on how the classifiations have been run for decades. The FHSAA lobby is obviously strong based on the language used in the statute, but it only takes one rep or state senator to have a better idea and sell it to his or her colleagues. The best scenario is for the legislature to concern itself with only public schools and let the privates do what they want. 

1006.20 Athletics in public K-12 schools.

(1) GOVERNING NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION.The Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) is designated as the governing nonprofit organization of athletics in Florida public schools. If the FHSAA fails to meet the provisions of this section, the commissioner shall designate a nonprofit organization to govern athletics with the approval of the State Board of Education. The FHSAA is not a state agency as defined in s. 120.52. The FHSAA shall be subject to the provisions of s. 1006.19. A private school that wishes to engage in high school athletic competition with a public high school may become a member of the FHSAA. Any high school in the state, including charter schools, virtual schools, and home education cooperatives, may become a member of the FHSAA and participate in the activities of the FHSAA. However, membership in the FHSAA is not mandatory for any school. The FHSAA must allow a private school the option of maintaining full membership in the association or joining by sport and may not discourage a private school from simultaneously maintaining membership in another athletic association. The FHSAA may allow a public school the option to apply for consideration to join another athletic association. The FHSAA may not deny or discourage interscholastic competition between its member schools and non-FHSAA member Florida schools, including members of another athletic governing organization, and may not take any retributory or discriminatory action against any of its member schools that participate in interscholastic competition with non-FHSAA member Florida schools. The FHSAA may not unreasonably withhold its approval of an application to become an affiliate member of the National Federation of State High School Associations submitted by any other organization that governs interscholastic athletic competition in this state. The bylaws of the FHSAA are the rules by which high school athletic programs in its member schools, and the students who participate in them, are governed, unless otherwise specifically provided by statute. For the purposes of this section, “high school” includes grades 6 through 12.

4 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is actually demonstrably untrue.

Your motivation for talking about them is the same motivation that you would have to overrate them. We have several examples of you doing this over the years: Plant City in 2019, Lake Gibson in 2021, Osceola this year.

When proven wrong you just dust yourself off and move on to your next fraud.

Point #2 in my comment above is simple logic. My motivation for talking about CAI does not and can not have anything to do with how good they actually are or are not. There are Mater Dei homers here who talk about Mater Dei because that is their team. They want to talk about MD and don’t care to talk about, say, St. Ignatius, because they are MD homers. Yet this has absolutely no bearing on how good either of those teams actually are. Nor does it have any bearing as to the validity of their claims as to how good either team is. Their motives offer a rationale for being skeptical about their claims. But they do not serve to automatically discredit those claims. A Mater Dei fan will say MD is best because they are fans. They may also be correct, even if it’s by chance.

I worded my claims about Plant City and Lake Gibson in a way that allows me to be correct. I said Plant City is better than people realize, and stand by that. Lake Gibson blew out national darlings Edgewater on Edgewater’s home field in route to the state Final Four. They were very capable, if inconsistent. And, you fail to mention the numerous times I’ve been right about teams (many of which you’d have no clue about since they were claims made in places other than the prep football message board.)

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Again, your views on this are biased, inaccurate, and not based in reason or logic. The only way to level the playing field is to have public and private classifications. The easiest way would be for the legislature to get out of private athletics. 

The FHSAA has the power to separate public and private schools, as they'd both still be members, just competing for different titles. However, the private school lobby within the FHSAA is clearly pretty strong based on how the classifiations have been run for decades. The FHSAA lobby is obviously strong based on the language used in the statute, but it only takes one rep or state senator to have a better idea and sell it to his or her colleagues. The best scenario is for the legislature to concern itself with only public schools and let the privates do what they want. 

1006.20 Athletics in public K-12 schools.

(1) GOVERNING NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION.The Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) is designated as the governing nonprofit organization of athletics in Florida public schools. If the FHSAA fails to meet the provisions of this section, the commissioner shall designate a nonprofit organization to govern athletics with the approval of the State Board of Education. The FHSAA is not a state agency as defined in s. 120.52. The FHSAA shall be subject to the provisions of s. 1006.19. A private school that wishes to engage in high school athletic competition with a public high school may become a member of the FHSAA. Any high school in the state, including charter schools, virtual schools, and home education cooperatives, may become a member of the FHSAA and participate in the activities of the FHSAA. However, membership in the FHSAA is not mandatory for any school. The FHSAA must allow a private school the option of maintaining full membership in the association or joining by sport and may not discourage a private school from simultaneously maintaining membership in another athletic association. The FHSAA may allow a public school the option to apply for consideration to join another athletic association. The FHSAA may not deny or discourage interscholastic competition between its member schools and non-FHSAA member Florida schools, including members of another athletic governing organization, and may not take any retributory or discriminatory action against any of its member schools that participate in interscholastic competition with non-FHSAA member Florida schools. The FHSAA may not unreasonably withhold its approval of an application to become an affiliate member of the National Federation of State High School Associations submitted by any other organization that governs interscholastic athletic competition in this state. The bylaws of the FHSAA are the rules by which high school athletic programs in its member schools, and the students who participate in them, are governed, unless otherwise specifically provided by statute. For the purposes of this section, “high school” includes grades 6 through 12.

No they don't because it would violate state law by "not providing students equal opportunity through public or private education" 

Your buddy desantis would defund the FHSAA the minute they harmed his plan for privatization of education

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

What's embarrasing is that for decades you've pretended STA doesn't really have an advantage over anyone and used illogical rationalization to support you silly stances.

This is bullshit.

I fully understand STA's advantages.

What you've done is lie your ass off and/or be a totally ignorant buffoon for years regarding what STA does.

And you've done all of this while being a whiny little bitch to boot.

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

Again, your views on this are biased, inaccurate, and not based in reason or logic.

Is this a direct quote of yours. Yes or no?

👇

19 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

"STA had probably 60 4-star players transfer over the last 10 years." – 181pl

See, when some people claim that others are inaccurate or lacking in logic it's a just dodge. A throwaway line used to deflect attention. That's what this is from 181pl.

But for me it's just a statement of fact.

181pl made this claim above and was proven laughably inaccurate.

But he's too much of a pussy to admit it so instead he just deflects and changes the subject.

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

If the private school lobby was strong then there would have never been the Metro vs. Suburban split that happened this year.

Just more conspiracy theorizing from clueless 181pl.

When you can't be a man and make a salient argument you just resort to pathetic conspiracy theories.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Point #2 in my comment above is simple logic. My motivation for talking about CAI does not and can not have anything to do with how good they actually are or are not.

But whether they're actually good or not is not your point. Your point is to convince people that they are better than they think.

You're never interested in actual reality.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I worded my claims about Plant City and Lake Gibson in a way that allows me to be correct.

😄

I've never seen somebody inadvertently give up the plot so succinctly and without shame.

Yes, we know that you are a weasel who words things in ways that can allow you to slither in and out of arguments.

That's the entire point of our criticisms of you. It's that you're a shameless huckster.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

But whether they're actually good or not is not your point. Your point is to convince people that they are better than they think.

You're never interested in actual reality.

I think this CAI team is probably on par or close to it with any team in the state outside of the top ~5. And I have a prediction coming that may surprise some.