FootballGuy

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Top FL schools by playoff section:

• 1M: Chaminade-Madonna, Cardinal Newman
  • 2M: Central, AHP, Northwestern, Cardinal Gibbons
  • 3M: STA, Edgewater, Dillard, Jones
  • 4M: Columbus, Seminole
  • 4S: Venice, Lakeland

2M looks like the most interesting potential section out of a bunch of sections that potentially aren't very interesting.

For an approach that was supposed to consolidate the urban powers, this did a remarkably poor job. STA will win another title without having to face Central, AHP, Chaminade, MNW, CG or Columbus. 

4S is certainly very weak as far as classes vying for state titles go. But, Bartram Trail may be a sleeper that's better than we assume. Venice is only formidable if they can consistently get officials to cheat for them (which it seems they may be able to do).

7 minutes ago, badrouter said:

STA is down this year compared to last year. Last year's team was actually one of their very best ever, IMO. The loss to Jesuit ended up being very misleading IMO.

The top two large, metro, private powerhouses in the country are STA and Mater Dei. That would be the match up I'd be most excited to see (outside of my own school of course). 

Nobody can touch lakeland this year. They are too good. We have all accepted this reality brother. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Is this is a known fact, how is it that they have not been declared ineligible? 

Because it would require a governing board for an association of sorts to take such action. Bishop Sycamore ERRRR St. Frances is not a member of any such association. They have zero oversight. The only (potential) exposure they could face is in making its players ineligible at the college level through impermissible benefits. But, as a school that offers room and board, it seems like such violations would be hard to prove.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

5DE10243-FDD4-4BF0-B31B-44D103F04586.thumb.png.17163a6e7163f6a9aed3aefb91ef0b41.png

Here is GSB’s own post of a kid Declaring he is coming back to SFA for a 5th year….. Between posting this and the Names of the other 5th year players who played at other schools in 2018 provided by @OldTerrapin, GSB Banned me and Took down every single one of my posts on that Board….. 🤣

So you know for a Fact, SFA has 5th year players…. I have been the most vocal of that over there and it got me Banned…. He has to Protect his #1 Client so he can hand them The Natty This year…. 🤣🤣

Exactly! So my question remains the same. In the state of Maryland a player is only eligible for 4 years from the time they enroll in school as a Freshman. So if there is a documented player on SFA that started high school >4 years ago, where is the governing body of high school football in Maryland? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Exactly! So my question remains the same. In the state of Maryland a player is only eligible for 4 years from the time they enroll in school as a Freshman. So if there is a documented player on SFA that started high school >4 years ago, where is the governing body of high school football in Maryland? 

the governing body in Maryland kicked the football program out. So, there's nothing left to govern them.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Fuck that’s crazy. Being a senior then deciding (having an adult tell you it’s ok to spend 5 years in high school)  it wasn’t good enough so you come back for another year 😂😂😂

It’s sad but they’re enabled by dork adults. Sad. 

Right?!…. And the Kid Even thanked all the Coaches in his “Recruitment” so he is blowing off whatereve College interest he has to play a 5Th year in High School!!…🤣

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

@OldTerrapin Explained this in detail on another thread, posted all the Rules, etc… Unless the coaches that are playing SFA ask to see Birth Certificates, etc then there is no enforcement of this….

As long as they don’t play in their States playoffs they don’t have to show anything…. So they can just play a National Schedule and do whatever they want…..

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

This is crazy to me. Not sure how you can win a title without facing the best in state. Maybe I haven’t been paying close enough attention. 

Most of us won't see these titles as true state titles. But, you can bet each and every school that wins one will claim it as a "State title".

29 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

This is crazy to me. Not sure how you can win a title without facing the best in state. Maybe I haven’t been paying close enough attention. 

If that's your argument than Florida has never had a true state champ!

Current system just changed "HOW" teams are classified but teams were always gonna be speculation on who the best is just like it can be argued for any state that has as many classifications as Florida

3 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

Yeah well it's not like there's ever a clear answer of who the best team in Florida is under any previous system. It's always speculation

If all of the best teams had to play in the same level, like California's "Open" division, or to a lesser extent Texas where there are two top classifications, we'd know MUCH more. Throw the top couple dozen teams in the state into one group and let them fight it out.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TruthSerum said:

If that's your argument than Florida has never had a true state champ!

Current system just changed "HOW" teams are classified but teams were always gonna be speculation on who the best is just like it can be argued for any state that has as many classifications as Florida

I’m not saying that. & no that’s also not true. Seems like there are multiple teams that are very good in FL - Central, Aquinas, C-M, Lakeland. They all don’t play in the same division. In California, the top 5 teams in the state are all competing for one title. That’s what I’m saying. Whoever wins the open in CA is not worried about who wins  2-3 other divisions. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

If all of the best teams had to play in the same level, like California's "Open" division, or to a lesser extent Texas where there are two top classifications, we'd know MUCH more. Throw the top couple dozen teams in the state into one group and let them fight it out.

It's been on the table before and never got far in the football advisory boards

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’m not saying that. & no that’s also not true. Seems like there are multiple teams that are very good in FL - Central, Aquinas, C-M, Lakeland. They all don’t play in the same division. In California, the top 5 teams in the state are all competing for one title. That’s what I’m saying. Whoever wins the open in CA is not worried about who wins  2-3 other divisions. 

Those teams were have not all been in the same classification at the same time in the past decade under the previous system