Geico Bowl Series 2022

FootballGuy

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

And, you fail to mention the numerous times I’ve been right about teams (many of which you’d have no clue about since they were claims made in places other than the prep football message board.)

I fail to mention them because I literally don't know a single time you've been right about any third party team.

Like, ever.

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

I've never seen somebody inadvertently give up the plot so succinctly and without shame.

Yes, we know that you are a weasel who words things in ways that can allow you to slither in and out of arguments.

That's the entire point of our criticisms of you. It's that you're a shameless huckster.

I’m an insightful observer who states facts and also offers opinions, some of which are wrong but most of which are correct. 

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I fail to mention them because I literally don't know a single time you've been right about any third party team.

Like, ever.

Easy to claim that since it’s hard to prove what you were aware of or not. Here, I picked Edgewater to beat Armwood the week after they beat Lakeland. For starters…

9 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Easy to claim that since it’s hard to prove what you were aware of or not. Here, I picked Edgewater to beat Armwood the week after they beat Lakeland. For starters…

And you picked Venice to blow out American Heritage, Bloomingdale to keep it close vs. STA and St. John Bosco to put a running clock on Mater Dei.

I think you'd lose badly on this ledger.

22 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

If the private school lobby was strong then there would have never been the Metro vs. Suburban split that happened this year.

Just more conspiracy theorizing from clueless 181pl.

When you can't be a man and make a salient argument you just resort to pathetic conspiracy theories.

What was the overall feelings of metro vs suburban for schools like STA? Were they for or against the change?

32 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is bullshit.

I fully understand STA's advantages.

What you've done is lie your ass off and/or be a totally ignorant buffoon for years regarding what STA does.

And you've done all of this while being a whiny little bitch to boot.

The reality that most either are too stubborn or petty to admit is that while STA has an advantage it has more to do with the fact that STA has 1) managed to work their ass off and become a destination school 2) has an alumni base that actually chooses to support and donate money to get the school better facilities and 3) has built a winning reputation that kids WANT to play for 

STA shouldn't be punished for being good and having the support of their alumni base, schools in Texas can get facilities as good if not better than STA, same in Georgia but that's never been an excuse for teams losing to those schools. If schools would do a better job with getting alumni wanting to get involved and donate to the program they can get good coaches and facilities too but instead they rather bitch about STA being good enough to build something successful

It's nothing but jealousy

• Like 1

That's why they focus on successful privates like STA, Chaminade, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons

They don't care about privates and publics playing together, they just pissed that a school has success and thinks they can Garner support by whining about a private school taking opportunities from their school

Most these private schools are successful because they have more stability and structure than public schools do, not because they able to go recruit or house kids. There are publics who recruit worse than these privates but nobody says anything because to them it's only a problem when it's a private school winning. That's why they don't care or mention a team like aucilla Christian because they don't win shit 

i’ll respond to Canes0177 when I have time. The comment above about STA working hard is of course accurate. They have maintained a level of excellence and that takes a hell of a lot of dedication and hard work. I’m not trying to take that away from them. Never would. I’m not saying they don’t deserve their accolades.

But it’s also not a punishment to put them into a separate division with teams that have similar advantages. I have no idea why a few private school supporters continuing to fight so vigorously against the obvious. We need to separate these schools into their own division. Plan simple. Doesn’t mean they still won’t be state champions. It just means they’ll be beating up on each other. And then if you have a unusually talented and well performing public school, they can play in a bowl game and maybe the public school wins once in a while. 

3 minutes ago, 181pl said:

i’ll respond to Canes0177 when I have time. The comment above about STA working hard is of course accurate. They have maintained a level of excellence and that takes a hell of a lot of dedication and hard work. I’m not trying to take that away from them. Never would. I’m not saying they don’t deserve their accolades.

But it’s also not a punishment to put them into a separate division with teams that have similar advantages. I have no idea why a few private school supporters continuing to fight so vigorously against the obvious. We need to separate these schools into their own division. Plan simple. Doesn’t mean they still won’t be state champions. It just means they’ll be beating up on each other. And then if you have a unusually talented and well performing public school, they can play in a bowl game and maybe the public school wins once in a while. 

Has time to write two paragraphs to tell us that he doesn't have enough time to respond.

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

I'm not saying STA shouldn't play like minded teams but the argument always used is that privates recruit and publics don't which is dishonest

I consider a team like Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Booker T Washington, and probably a few other schools that seem to rotate from year to year to be in the same category of teams that are better than the "typical" high school football team

I don't see how a school like Miami Central isn't considered to have a significant playing field advantage but a private school like Calvary Christian is or Belen Jesuit is

Prior to school choice I could have seen the logic to separate because at the time a kid would have needed to make a full move to switch public schools but a kid could attend a private with no issues but with the legislation change I fail to see the unfair advantage that STA has that isn't there for Miami Central

6 minutes ago, 181pl said:

The problem becomes when you make an argument that a school has an "unfair" advantage you have to justify what they are able to do that a public school can't 

STA is bound by the same "recruiting" regulations that a public school is 

STA is not a boarding school 

For a kid to attend STA they have to be able to provide transportation just like they would for choosing to attend a public school out of their zone 

The argument they have more resources could be applied to public schools as well. A school like viera or Bartram Trail will have more resources because they are in areas that are richer than say Madison County or Columbia. Does that mean those schools should be separated? Do you at least see the potential slippery slope of that argument because a school having more resources or better coaches or more stability in the administration can vary from county to county whether the school is public or private. 

9 minutes ago, TruthSerum said:

STA is bound by the same "recruiting" regulations that a public school is 

Really in name only. There are no boundary restrictions for private schools. Any kid that chooses to go there can go there as long as they’re accepted into the school.

In the recent past it was not uncommon for public schools to turn each other in when their players got poached and were living out of district, although it’s becoming more difficult with the free transfer rule.

Very difficult to do prove recruiting against private schools because at the end of the day, it’s difficult to refute a choice made by a family to privately educate their kid. Especially with a super well-known program like STA. Every player in South Florida would probably like to go there if it was realistic for them. You’d need pretty rock solid evidence of a coach or booster persuading a kid to enroll specifically for athletics. And I’m not saying that STA does this. Although I think every successful school over the years has probably engaged in this practice a little bit.

And at the end of the day why should it even matter? A private school has to recruit students in order to exist. They should just take the restrictions re: athletic recruiting away IMO.

Just my 2 cents.

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

And you picked Venice to blow out American Heritage, Bloomingdale to keep it close vs. STA and St. John Bosco to put a running clock on Mater Dei.

I think you'd lose badly on this ledger.

You just cherry pick my misses and disregard what I get correct. And, it should be noted that, off the top of most of our heads, you’ve never gotten a single prediction right. So, it’s easy for someone who never gets picks right to poke fun at others who get some right and some wrong.

4 hours ago, TruthSerum said:

I'm not saying STA shouldn't play like minded teams but the argument always used is that privates recruit and publics don't which is dishonest

I consider a team like Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Booker T Washington, and probably a few other schools that seem to rotate from year to year to be in the same category of teams that are better than the "typical" high school football team

I don't see how a school like Miami Central isn't considered to have a significant playing field advantage but a private school like Calvary Christian is or Belen Jesuit is

Prior to school choice I could have seen the logic to separate because at the time a kid would have needed to make a full move to switch public schools but a kid could attend a private with no issues but with the legislation change I fail to see the unfair advantage that STA has that isn't there for Miami Central

Columbiafan continues with his obsession over a non-issue. There are precious few people still arguing that private schools are themselves the problem. But, he just keeps beating the horse that that is the issue for people…when it’s not. Very weird.