OT: World Cup thread

ATLien12x

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Ronaldo not starting/playing and they're dominating?  Narrative was always that the players around him held him back?! 

Is it true he not playing golf?   Cant watch.

Correct.  Coach benched him for his actions when sub’d prior game.  Coach wasn’t happy and the benching was a clear message.  Attitude correction discussion took place.  

He’ll be back I’m sure and gotta dig the coach decision too.  👍🏻

14 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Correct.  Coach benched him for his actions when sub’d prior game.  Coach wasn’t happy and the benching was a clear message.  Attitude correction discussion took place.  

He’ll be back I’m sure and gotta dig the coach decision too.  👍🏻

Many sides to Ronaldo, but try to remember this one.  Doing more reading this am, Ronaldo was supportive of his team yesterday and the coach was cool.  

Who knows if he starts next match, but if they are losing… :) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Many sides to Ronaldo, but try to remember this one.  Doing more reading this am, Ronaldo was supportive of his team yesterday and the coach was cool.  

Who knows if he starts next match, but if they are losing… :) 

Media is so horrible nowadays.    Ronaldo at the very least still has a nasty shot. The one he blasted in was a beauty.(offsides tho)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Nothing better then Brazil hosting…spending hundreds of millions on stadiums in clear site of poor shanty towns, where these stadiums now lay in ruins…grass growing thru the concrete…losing 7-1…that’s like a Super bowl loss of 63-7😂😂😂😂😂

I feel like all the world cup hosts share some shady "world cup preparation" stories.    I mean the stories out of Qatar make Brazil's forced relocations seem friendly lmao.

• Like 1

All Brazil early, but recent minutes Croatia is pushing.  19th min.  Brazil close around 20th min. 

Flashback:  

Toscana region business trip many years back, went into a shop while visiting San Gimignano and bought an AC Milan number 11 jersey of Brazilian star Rivaldo for my young son and bought my very young daughter a Pinocchio puppet.  :) 

Rivaldo only played one season for AC Milan.  

Karate kick yellow on Brazil.  Modric set piece free kick at 25th min close to box on angle.  No go.  

Possession equal.  36th min 

Free kick Brazil, right near top corner of box.  41st min.  Easy basket save off Neymar. 

Just +1 et.  0-0 half. 

Brazil muscling early in 2nd half, but Croatia holds.  50th.  Corner Croatia. 

Neymar touch saved 54th min.  Water break Croatia to calm things down.  Sorry, I meant injury.  :) 

65th min, still 0-0 after a very close one timer save by Croatian goalie. 

Subs in at usual time of match.  Please someone score before PK’s!  

Yellows adding up for Brazil.  Neymar close 75th min.  

A simulated dive the ref sniffed out vs Brazil close to box, but no yellow issued.  :( 

Brazil rip 80th min save.

Two 15 min somethings extra time coming up…someone score!   Bueller?  

100th min.  One nothing burger closing in 5 min.  One more flip for 15.  If tied, rare burgers PK shootout. 

102nd min.  Croatia airmails a good chance.  Brazil says hold my beer at 104th min.  Same thing.  

Neymar!   +1 in first 15 min!  

18 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Two 15 min somethings extra time coming up…someone score!   Bueller?  

100th min.  One nothing burger closing in 5 min.  One more flip for 15.  If tied, rare burgers PK shootout. 

102nd min.  Croatia airmails a good chance.  Brazil says hold my beer at 104th min.  Same thing.  

Neymar!   +1 in first 15 min!  

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo