OT: World Cup thread

ATLien12x

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Where’s Al Michaels?  :)  

Not so fast…  Spain save.  Down 2-1 

Wow.  MAR goalie 2-3  

This is just like the PK match that Croatia won yesterday.  Same sequence I think.  Hot MAR goalie and Croatian.

Congrats Morocco 🇲🇦 

You could see it coming all game long.  Spain didn't play good at all, but Morocco surely didn't deserve to advance over them. That's soccer though

I hate penalties.   That was crazy though, Spain couldn't net one SMH.  Big props to that keeper.   Morocco get's through.   

A little unfortunate for Spain as I think they had the toughest first round matchup.   Senegal was another but England seemed to have no issues (couldn't watch that one)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Penalties are not ideal.  But you can’t let the matches go forever.  With no subbing in and out, the game deteriorates quickly.  Ruins a team for the next round.  Knockout games are on a schedule-each one gets its own time.  Games have to end.

Boo!  

NHL with breaks and shifts sure.  Physicality, endurance, pain, hello NHL playoff extensions in OT.  They play again sooner than in WC also.  

Who wants it, gets it.  Tennis past also played to a proper winner in slams.  

FG horse?  How about HR Derby extra innings?   Cardio, rest yada yada yada… athletes perform and should win a game properly.  

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Fact is - players like penalties over endless play.  Which is not true in the NHL.  Much more grueling in soccer.  Players are already running 6 miles in regulation.  You want them to run 12 or more

I refuse to believe extended soccer (whole team participation in movement on the pitch avg) vs NHL OT participation extended with physicality added in is plus soccer.    Nope.  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

15 min vs nonsense…  C’mon Spain, net one!  Net another on a counter, damn it.   Finish this.  
MAR hopes for one magical shot or a nonsense ending win. 

Maybe the NFL should have a FG tiebreaker in 2023.   Two placekickers play a game of horse for the W.  😂 

Local sports radio suggested that NFL should resolve ties by having the coaches square off in a cage match, then immediately dismissed my Bills as McDermott looks "sickly". Reality is dude was a national champion wrestler in high school and would likely be able to take a good share of the league's HCs to the mat, including my fellow men of advancing girth.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Local sports radio suggested that NFL should resolve ties by having the coaches square off in a cage match, then immediately dismissed my Bills as McDermott looks "sickly". Reality is dude was a national champion wrestler in high school and would likely be able to take a good share of the league's HCs to the mat, including my fellow men of advancing girth.

I’m not a Dolphins fan, but since I’m local, I watch enough and I’m a big fan of Tyreek Hill (shocker lol).    For sure their HC wouldn’t fare too well. He looks tiny.  Don’t know his background at all though.   

Reminds me of the skit that the comedian Andy Kaufman (spelling?) did years back with a wrestler Jerry Lawler (spelling?).   Was a great skit they had. Andy was out there.  

14 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’m not a Dolphins fan, but since I’m local, I watch enough and I’m a big fan of Tyreek Hill (shocker lol).    For sure their HC wouldn’t fare too well. He looks tiny.  Don’t know his background at all though.   

Reminds me of the skit that the comedian Andy Kaufman (spelling?) did years back with a wrestler Jerry Lawler (spelling?).   Was a great skit they had. Andy was out there.  

Also heard I think on SC he (McDaniel) hates showering…only 2-3 a week a most 🤮

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Passes update.  800 to 208 

@I AM IRONMAN 😂 

100th min

Funny thing….I couldn’t watch the game live (in regulation) so watched it via fast forward (typical American😂) didn’t look at the color code in the scorebox and assumed Spain was in Red ( know nothing about MAR)

was thinking MAR is Spaining Spain with the short boring pass BS.

TRUE story…idiot moment!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Funny thing….I couldn’t watch the game live (in regulation) so watched it via fast forward (typical American😂) didn’t look at the color code in the scorebox and assumed Spain was in Red ( know nothing about MAR)

was thinking MAR is Spaining Spain with the short boring pass BS.

TRUE story…idiot moment!

It shows you’re a sports fan 👍🏻  

When I flipped on the match, I also had a wtf moment initially figuring out, wait who’s red?  :) 

• Haha 1