PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll (Updated 1/5)

PrepGridiron

PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll Final Rankings

Final Top 25 Rankings. Updated 1/5/2018. 

1. Mater Dei (CA)
  2. IMG Academy (FL)
  3. St. Frances Academy (MD)
  4. Allen (TX)
  5. American Heritage (FL)
  6. Ben Davis (IN)
  7. Chandler (AZ)
  8. Bishop Gorman (NV)
  9. St. John Bosco (CA)
  10. Cy-Fair (TX)
  11. Centennial (CA)
  12. Pine-Richland (PA)
  13. St. John's College (DC)
  14. Trinity (KY)
  15. De La Salle (CA)
  16. North Gwinnett (GA)
  17. Pickerington Central (OH)
  18. Lake Travis (TX)
  19. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  20. Miami Central (FL)
  21. Archbishop Hoban (OH)
  22. Bingham (UT)
  23. Venice (FL)
  24. Folsom (CA)
  25. Rome (GA)

Last 5 Out: West Point (MS), South Pointe (SC), Lincoln-Way East (IL), Colerain (OH), Westlake (TX)

Archived Rankings for 2017

Edited 23 hours ago by PrepGridironuote
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2017 at 6:30 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Will you be unveiling our poll on Twitter? 

PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll Preseason

PrepGridiron.com, the premier website for discussing national high school football, is launching its first ever reader poll. PrepGridiron.com believes it has some of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to high school football teams across the country, so a top 25 poll that takes advantage of our members input only makes sense. Enjoy and, as always, feel free to add your comments.

Preseason Poll 8/17. First place votes in parentheses.

1. IMG Academy (FL) (5)
  2. Mater Dei (CA) (3)
  3. Bishop Gorman (NV) (2)
  4. St. John Bosco (CA) (1)
  5. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)
  6. Grayson (GA)
  7. Allen (TX)
  8. Centennial (CA)
  9. DeMatha (MD)
  10. De La Salle (CA)
  11. American Heritage (FL)
  12. DeSoto (TX)
  13. Chandler (AZ)
  14. Katy (TX)
  15. Lake Travis (TX)
  16. Bergen Catholic (NJ)
  17. Carol City (FL)
  18. East (UT)
  19. Warren Central (IN)
  20. St. John's College (DC)
  21. Colerain (OH)
  22. Miami Central (FL)
  23. Hoover (AL)
  24. Trinity (KY)
  25. St. Joseph Regional (NJ)

On the bubble: Mountain Pointe (AZ), St. Xavier (OH), St. Frances Academy (MD), Converse Judson (TX), Colquitt County (GA)

The PrepGridiron.com Reader Poll Top 25 fared pretty well in the first week of action. PrepGridiron.com's No. 1, IMG Academy, had a solid showing separating from No. 17 Carol City despite being mistake prone. No. 11 American Heritage defeated Booker T. Washington (highly rated in other polls) 42-27. No. 13 Chandler started where it left off last year by getting a tremendous performance from senior stud Jacob Conover defeating Red Mountain, 42.14. No. 18 East (UT) may have showed its improved from its undefeated campaign from last year as it defeated Timpview 42-10 in a rematch of last year's 4A quarterfinals where East won 47-34. No. 22 Miami Central easily defeated Dwyer, 35-6. Finally, No. 24 Trinity (KY) had a strong defensive showing against one of Indiana's top teams, Carmel, defeating Carmel, 31-3. 

Read the stories here:

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/img-academy-carol-city-preseason-football-classic-super-25

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-broward/article168127692.html

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/08/18/chandler-football-rolls-over-mesa-red-mountain-season-opener/581966001/

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2017/08/18/prep-football-east-smothers-timpview-to-cruise-in-season-openerbr/

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/article167892267.html

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/preps/kentucky/2017/08/18/stout-defense-lifts-trinity-past-carmel/572405001/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Definitely a good showing for the PrepGridIron Reader's Poll. 

I wish that all of the states started at the same time though. Makes it kind of difficult when so many teams sit idle while everyone else is battling on the field of war. 

Louisiana still has 2 more weeks to go......we "jamboree" next week....

On 8/17/2017 at 9:57 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Finally a poll with enough balls to put IMG where they belong!

Image result for crowd goes wild gif

And WHY should a glorified college prep school be included with HIGH SCHOOLS? I think that Colquitt is about to play a similar situation in Bishop Sullivan, who plays only TWO teams from Virginia!

IMG Academy reminds me of Oak Hill Academy, Va. in baketbol! One year, I remember them having the two best players on that squad, from AUGUSTA METRO!(William Avery(Duke) and a kid from Thomson, who starred at Pitt!

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Definitely a good showing for the PrepGridIron Reader's Poll. 

I wish that all of the states started at the same time though. Makes it kind of difficult when so many teams sit idle while everyone else is battling on the field of war. 

WELL, we wouldn't want Jersey to hafta actually play a DEMANDING schedule, now would we? HELL, with a twelve game schedule at MOST! They finish up before our QUARTERFINALS!

11 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

And WHY should a glorified college prep school be included with HIGH SCHOOLS? I think that Colquitt is about to play a similar situation in Bishop Sullivan, who plays only TWO teams from Virginia!

IMG Academy reminds me of Oak Hill Academy, Va. in baketbol! One year, I remember them having the two best players on that squad, from AUGUSTA METRO!(William Avery(Duke) and a kid from Thomson, who starred at Pitt!

I do not like the IMG model. I think it is detrimental to what's left of the purity of HSFB, but, it is here, and if they are going to be included in the polls, which I'm pretty sure every poll of record does include them, for the pre-season, they belong at the poll position if we are judging them the same as every other team.

I think other polls are including them begrudgingly then compromising themselves by not putting them at the pole. They play one of the toughest schedules possible annually, and they have every position full of D1 players. If that is the criteria that gets Mater Dei ranked at 1, how can a poll deny IMG, especially if they are included in the poll at some lesser starting point. Of course we don't have the pleasure of asking a Jamie DeMoney what his criteria is, or USAT or whoever else, so the reasons they put a team at 1 in the preseason may be totally different than what we think. 

The danger in doing that, is, unless they have some pretty serious scares during the season or actually lose, it will be very difficult to drop them back after starting them at 1. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I do not like the IMG model. I think it is detrimental to what's left of the purity of HSFB, but, it is here, and if they are going to be included in the polls, which I'm pretty sure every poll of record does include them, for the pre-season, they belong at the poll position if we are judging them the same as every other team.

I think other polls are including them begrudgingly then compromising themselves by not putting them at the pole. They play one of the toughest schedules possible annually, and they have every position full of D1 players. If that is the criteria that gets Mater Dei ranked at 1, how can a poll deny IMG, especially if they are included in the poll at some lesser starting point. Of course we don't have the pleasure of asking a Jamie DeMoney what his criteria is, or USAT or whoever else, so the reasons they put a team at 1 in the preseason may be totally different than what we think. 

The danger in doing that, is, unless they have some pretty serious scares during the season or actually lose, it will be very difficult to drop them back after starting them at 1. 

I PERSONALLY don't feel as though ANY team that draws it's talent outside of a given district! Should be included in a top 100 poll! Look at the existing poll! More than HALF are open enrollment or big privates! And then there is lil rural Colquitt county! Who has had MAAAAAYbe two dozen transfers in TEN SEASONS under Coach ProPst! Most of these privates get THAT many every year! It just goes to show how GREAT of a coach he and his assistants really are! And to be able to be mentioned in such tall timber, is quite frankly UNREAL, given our talent restrictions!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Thing IS though, with ALL that talent, they have at least ONE scare each season! LAST season, it was two!

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. I don't think anyone wants IMG to win the MNC, so they don't start them at number 1.

Not a fan of the IMG model, but honestly not sure how it's so different from a good majority of the rest of the top 10. 

But if we include them in our polls, then I think we owe it to ourselves to rank them fairly......and if we're being honest with ourselves, I don't see how they're not #1

• Like 4

On 8/20/2017 at 8:15 PM, Coletrain06 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. I don't think anyone wants IMG to win the MNC, so they don't start them at number 1.

Not a fan of the IMG model, but honestly not sure how it's so different from a good majority of the rest of the top 10. 

But if we include them in our polls, then I think we owe it to ourselves to rank them fairly......and if we're being honest with ourselves, I don't see how they're not #1

Do you think they deserved to be #1 at the end of last season?

Just now, BigBobT said:

I personally don't because they don't play the pressure end of season games. For example, we were watching SJB outlast a Centennial team, ram the ball down Mater Dei's throat and completely dismantle DLS. They were playing great football at the end of the season and had they been undefeated they would have been hard not to put at 1. I think the same thing may happen this year. Unless IMG is playing in some Geico classic, we won't see them at the end of the year when it matters most.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBobT said:

No. BG deserved it. They had better wins and more impressive wins. IMG's performance against Bishop Sullivan really hurt them also. 

Do I think IMG would've beaten BG...maybe/probably, but they didn't have the resume.

At this point so far this season, nobody has a resume yet, so talent has to be a main factor, and don't think anybody matches IMG there.

PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll Week 1

The PrepGridiron.com Reader poll has fluidity this week demonstrating that the voters are not bound by the rules that once you earn your spot you stay there until you lose. Several teams that had games, including Chandler, American Heritage and East, jumped up positions. Two of the exits from the poll were from Florida as Carol City got thumped by PrepGridiron.com Number 1, IMG Academy, and Miami Central's 35-6 win over Dwyer in the KOC was not enough to keep it in at 22. The other exit, St. Joseph's Regional, were replaced by another New Jersey team, St. Peter's Prep. Also coming into the poll this week are bubble teams St. Frances Academy riding a number of transfers and St. Xavier who squeezed by Indy Cathedral.  

Week 1 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 8/23/2017. First place votes in parentheses. 

1. IMG Academy (FL) (5) 1-0 defeated Carol City 41-22; next up @ No. 11 Chandler (AZ) on 8/26
  2. Mater Dei (CA) (3) 0-0 bye; next up @ Bishop Amat on 8/25
  3. St. John Bosco (CA) (1) 0-0 bye; next up @ No. 5 St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) on 8/25
  4. Bishop Gorman (NV) (2) 0-0 bye; next up No. 8 Dematha (MD) on 8/25
  5. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) 0-0 defeated Dillard 39-0 in KOC; next up No. 3 St. John Bosco (CA) on 8/25
  6. Allen (TX) 0-0 bye; next up Cedar Hill on 9/1
  7. Grayson (GA) 0-0 bye; next up No. 23 Hoover (AL) on 8/25
  8. Dematha (MD) 0-0 bye; next up @ No. 4 Bishop Gorman (NV) on 8/25
  9. Centennial (CA) 0-0 bye; next up Pittsburg on 8/25
  10. American Heritage (FL) 0-0 defeated Booker T. Washington 42-27 in KOC; next up @ Bishop Sullivan (VA) on 8/26
  11. Chandler (AZ) 1-0 defeated Red Mountain 42-14; next up No. 1 IMG Academy (FL) on 8/26
  12. De La Salle (CA) 0-0 bye; next up @ Amador Valley on 8/25
  13. East (UT) 1-0 defeated Timpview 42-10; next up @ Bingham on 8/25
  14. Katy (TX) 0-0 bye; next up Westlake on 9/1
  15. Trinity (KY) 1-0 defeated Carmel (IN) 31-3; next up @ No. 18 Warren Central (IN) on 8/25
  16. DeSoto (TX) 1-0 bye; next up @ Dallas Jesuit on 9/1
  17. Bergen Catholic (NJ) 0-0 bye; next up DePaul Catholic on 9/2
  18. Warren Central (IN) 1-0 defeated Center Grove 27-24; next up No. 15 Trinity (KY) on 8/25
  19. Colerain (OH) 1-0 bye; next up @ LaSalle on 8/25
  20. St. John's College (DC) 0-0 bye; next up Jones (FL) on 8/26
  21. St. Peter's Prep (NJ) 0-0 bye; next up Union City on 9/1
  22. Lake Travis (TX) 0-0 bye; next up @ Converse Judson on 9/1
  23. Hoover (AL) 0-0 bye; next up @ No. 7 Grayson on 8/25
  24. St. Xavier (OH) 0-0 bye; next up @ Hinsdale Central (IL) on 8/26
  25. St. Frances Academy (MD) 0-0 bye; next up @ Canada Prep on 8/26
Bubble Teams: Converse Judson (TX), Carol City (FL), Miami Central (FL), Colquitt County (GA)

Let us know what you think!
  • Like 1

• PrepGridiron changed the title to PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll (Updated 9/7)
  • PrepGridiron unpinned this topic