Congratulations IMG Academy on the 2016 MNC

AztecPadre

Absolutely NO WAY IMG should be considered in any HSFB Poll. They are not even a high school, but a sports academy that recruits and gets players from all over the country. It is shameful they are even considered in any poll. plus, they lost a game they consider an exhibition at the start of the season, but I do not consider it an exhibition/scrimmage.

2 hours ago, Hawaii2Gorman said:

I hope we play IMG next year, they will be stacked,  and have much more talent than Bishop Gorman. However, just like STA this year, our coaching and team play will hopefully lead us to victory. As for the recruiting issue, BG added 2 new players to the team last year, and only 1 was a starter. I would guess most top schools had more than 1 starter transfer in, IMG for sure had more than 1.

This is IMG:

"players from 21 states and six countries."

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2576842-americas-most-talented-high-school-football-team-img

This is an article from 2015. I'm not sure how many more transfers IMG received in 2016. 

Corona Centennial approved 18 transfers in 2016:

https://southerncaliforniapreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/prediction-sure-to-go-wrong-centennial-huskies.4337/page-2

Cocoa (FL) had 10 transfers this year. Saguaro (AZ) had 11 transfers this year. STA...... I lost count.

Gorman does not have as many transfers as these other teams. Yet some people try to compare them to IMG. 

10 minutes ago, Son of Mountain John said:

Absolutely NO WAY IMG should be considered in any HSFB Poll. They are not even a high school, but a sports academy that recruits and gets players from all over the country. It is shameful they are even considered in any poll. plus, they lost a game they consider an exhibition at the start of the season, but I do not consider it an exhibition/scrimmage.

Last year playa.  They SMOKED the team they played in the first game this year. 

16 minutes ago, Son of Mountain John said:

Didn't lose exhibition game this season. 

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

This is IMG:

"players from 21 states and six countries."

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2576842-americas-most-talented-high-school-football-team-img

This is an article from 2015. I'm not sure how many more transfers IMG received in 2016. 

Corona Centennial approved 18 transfers in 2016:

https://southerncaliforniapreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/prediction-sure-to-go-wrong-centennial-huskies.4337/page-2

Cocoa (FL) had 10 transfers this year. Saguaro (AZ) had 11 transfers this year. STA...... I lost count.

Gorman does not have as many transfers as these other teams. Yet some people try to compare them to IMG. 

So you're only saying 9?

6 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Naw playa.  I believe somewhere in the MNC By laws it states their season must be longer than 1 month.  After gormans last OOS game months and months ago their season ended.  Meanwhile IMG kept on truckin.  Plus after it was said here from a very reliable IMG source that IMG tried and tried to schedule the bishop they got no reply.  Guessing Consuela was filling in that day. 

Correctamundo.

"This forum discourages awarding National  Championships to teams who do not face a Grueling playoff run, or at a minimum, some Top 100 competition during October and November.  While we certainly appreciate Bishop Gorman's unbelievable challenging September schedule, and believe it was the most difficult preseason in the Country, the lack of substantive games during weeks 7-15, when injuries mount,  is a real concern and detracts from their overall resume."

8 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Best schedule and traveled the entire US.  They did not have playoffs but also did not play a joke of an instate schedule.  The true MNC IMO.

I assume you are basing this on IMG's last game against Bishop Sullivan when they were losing the whole game, well into the fourth quarter.  In fact should I remind you that Bishop Sullivan had a 4th and 4 from  IMG's 9 and was down 7-6.  A field goal-six yards longer than an extra point-would have put them in the lead.

They went for it.

And I should also mention how IMG got their first touchdown:  a few minutes earlier with fourth down on their own 40 some yard line, Bishop Sullivan also decided to go for it.

They didn't make it and IMG took over and marched the 40 or so yards for their first touchdown.

IMG should feel lucky they do not participate in any playoff.  Based on their play in the last game against Bishop Sullivan they may not have made it past the first round.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I assume you are basing this on IMG's last game against Bishop Sullivan when they were losing the whole game, well into the fourth quarter.  In fact should I remind you that Bishop Sullivan had a 4th and 4 from  IMG's 9 and was down 7-6.  A field goal-six yards longer than an extra point-would have put them in the lead.

They went for it.

And I should also mention how IMG got their first touchdown:  a few minutes earlier with fourth down on their own 40 some yard line, Bishop Sullivan also decided to go for it.

They didn't make it and IMG took over and marched the 40 or so yards for their first touchdown.

IMG should feel lucky they do not participate in any playoff.  Based on their play in the last game against Bishop Sullivan they may not have made it past the first round.

So big drop.  How did you win your last game against St. John's coming from behind by two scores on pure luck.  I believe IMG smoked St. Johns by more than 30.  Case closed.

5 hours ago, Son of Mountain John said:

Do some research and get educated.  You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  One of the best High Schools in the country.

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

They went for it.

IMG didnt need to stop a 2 pt conversion or to score 2 TDs in the final minutes of a game to beat St. Johns this year either

... 35-14 ...

13 hours ago, Son of Mountain John said:

Absolutely NO WAY IMG should be considered in any HSFB Poll.

lol... do tell

They are not even a high school,

wrongish chuck. 

there school is better academically than yours. 

but a sports academy that recruits and gets players from all over the country.

like 70% plus of the best teams in the country do. 

Who is Allen flying in at QB for next year? 

Any word yet or a little early for their recruiting updates? 

It is shameful they are even considered in any poll.

you seem to be more upset than is normal. Maybe you need to think inward? 

plus, they lost a game they consider an exhibition at the start of the season, but I do not consider it an exhibition/scrimmage.

let me get this straight

National polls should adhere to your personal specifications or your'll keep crying. 

Got it.

Keep crying.

Peace brother

12 hours ago, TIGERPAW said:

So big drop.  How did you win your last game against St. John's coming from behind by two scores on pure luck.  I believe IMG smoked St. Johns by more than 30.  Case closed.

IMG is claiming they should be national champions.  There is a difference.  St. John's was a significant victory for them and for the two times that DeMatha beat St. John's.  IMG's last game was a poor performance.

1.  St. John's beat IMG 35-2 two years ago.

2.  St. John's beat both Pittsburgh Central Catholic (otherwise undefeated) who play for the PA state championship this weekend.  They also beat SJR in NJ who won their division of the NJ state championship.  DeMatha rolled over both teams who are playing for the VA state championship this weekend.  IMG almost lost to Bishop Sullivan.

3.  IMG was also down to Trinity Christian for more than half of the game on national television.  They also could have lost to Corona Centennial when they went for two and didn't make it.  Again, IMG has national aspirations.