Desoto will need flawless effort to get past Klein Collins

Yes agree. Collins is grossly underrated and very capable.  They don't make many mistakes, penalties, TO,etc.. They have a solid OL/DL with great size on the OL.  (This will be the first team to match up with desoto size wise) 

i saw katy vs collins and collins ran it down katys throat. they will probably try to do the same thing vs desoto.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes agree. Collins is grossly underrated and very capable.  They don't make many mistakes, penalties, TO,etc.. They have a solid OL/DL with great size on the OL.  (This will be the first team to match up with desoto size wise) 

i saw katy vs collins and collins ran it down katys throat. they will probably try to do the same thing vs desoto.

that's kind of scary.. especially considering how they steamrolled CUJO

17 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

that's kind of scary.. especially considering how they steamrolled CUJO

Yea, saw that game too.  The weather was good so they were able to bring their full game, not limited with only the run.  If you crowd the box they will burn you with PA.  They remind me of stony point when they were good a few years back, they love the misdirection plays.

But if there is a team physically capable of beating them its desoto.

but man, you gotta love TXHSFB!  The two best from DFW vs the two best teams from Houston!

woodlands vs allen

Collins vs desoto.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yea, saw that game too.  The weather was good so they were able to bring their full game, not limited with only the run.  If you crowd the box they will burn you with PA.  They remind me of stony point when they were good a few years back, they love the misdirection plays.

But if there is a team physically capable of beating them its desoto.

but man, you gotta love TXHSFB!  The two best from DFW vs the two best teams from Houston!

woodlands vs allen

Collins vs desoto.

What's even more amazing DFW could set history and send 4 undefeated teams to the 5A and 6A finals.  Allen, Desoto 6A , Aledo and Denton Ryan in 5A all are 14 - 0.  That's how we roll in the DFDUB.  xD 

Last year was the first time since 2010 that the Dallas area didn't have a UIL football champion. For the first time since 2000, no Dallas-area team played for a championship in the largest class.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

What's even more amazing DFW could set history and send 4 undefeated teams to the 5A and 6A finals.  Allen, Desoto 6A , Aledo and Denton Ryan in 5A all are 14 - 0.  That's how we roll in the DFDUB.  xD 

Last year was the first time since 2010 that the Dallas area didn't have a UIL football champion. For the first time since 2000, no Dallas-area team played for a championship in the largest class.

Sadly ... the only question mark I see here is Desoto...it almost seems CH wouldve been a better matchup

1 minute ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Sadly ... the only question mark I see here is Desoto...it almost seems CH wouldve been a better matchup

Man those Eagles are gonna represent.  Robinson is the difference in those other teams even when lil DEZ was leading them.  This kid in both big games I have seen him, just flat out balls.  They go into the belly of the beast into H-town and battle a physical team.  Desoto is huge up front and physical as well.  Damn sure pulling for Black Wall Street in this one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Oh no, klein has their worries too, they dont get off worry free. They absolutely have not seen an offense as explosive as desoto.  Their CBs will be tested and they need to play mistake free.  they cannot afford for desoto to jump out to a big league like desoto did twice vs cedar hill.  They are not as explosive as davis and rambo to rally that type of comeback.

desoto is well tested, they've seen a lot this year:. Guyer, duncanville, cedar hill twice, abilene, SLC.  A lot to work with from the memory bank to prepare them for this moment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

you guys have me breathing easier, just a bit... that's what friends are for......lol

You bet.  desoto has a solid resume and the road trips to midland and Wichita Falls and playing inside AT&T will only help them prepare. Desoto is one of the more experienced teams this season IMO.  

whats scary to me is I don't think we've seen desoto's best game this season.  We saw a half vs SLC.  Had they started how they finished they would have whipped them boys 50+_10 or so! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You bet.  desoto has a solid resume and the road trips to midland and Wichita Falls and playing inside AT&T will only help them prepare. Desoto is one of the more experienced teams this season IMO.  

whats scary to me is I don't think we've seen desoto's best game this season.  We saw a half vs SLC.  Had they started how they finished they would have whipped them boys 50+_10 or so! 

Hopefully playing Cedar Hill this past week helps them stay in gear.

Klein Collins definitely isnt Cedar Hill

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Their best game was against SLC, I think. SLC brings out the best. 

• Like 1

The John Tyler/Klein Collins highlights don't focus on how average (at best) that CUJO's OL/DL was. That and lack of a good offensive game-plan and talent depth is what doomed CUJO. Desoto would've scored at will vs CUJO, too. The KC defense isn't geared to stop Desoto. Remember, this defense gave up 50 points to Katy. This is the same Katy offense that was one dimensional with far less talent and a much smaller/less dominant OL that scored only 3 points vs TWHS, 29 points vs Westlake, 31 vs Cy Ranch, and 17 vs North Shore. KC's defense looked like swiss cheese vs Katy's one-dimensional offense. 

This game comes down to whether or not KC holds on to the ball and keeps it out of the hands of Desoto. KC doesn't want a shootout!

3 minutes ago, SumDude said:

I will finish it like this: If KC and Desoto played to their absolute potential (flawless), Desoto would win by 21-35 points. Desoto has a sick amount of (D1) talent. However, if KC plays near flawless and Desoto plays average and makes boneheaded mistakes, KC will win.

Yea, I agree