Hypocrisy

Eddyr2

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Ok Ill bite.  What am I missing here? That a school of 6000 have players move in thier district to play or something.

It's not like they're getting players from 300 mile radius lol.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Ok Ill bite.  What am I missing here? That a school of 6000 have players move in thier district to play or something.

It's not like they're getting players from 300 mile radius lol.

Little eddy has missed the mark on this.  It’s 54 move ins over 5 years for the entire football program, all 500 kids.  So that includes Frosh and JV teams. And all of them had to satisfy residency requirements.  They act as though we stated kids dont move into Allen.  Quite a reach  

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s 54 move ins over 5 years for the entire football program, all 500 kids.  So that includes Frosh and JV teams. And all of them had to satisfy residency requirements.  They act as though we stated kids dont move into Allen.  Quite a reach  

It's 74.

How many of Mater Dei's kids move to SoCal? You don't know but you ASSume the worst.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

It's 74.

How many of Mater Dei's kids move to SoCal? You don't know but you ASSume the worst.

I don’t assume schools are rule breakers (actively recruit).  I think MD, SJB, Narbonne and others fully operate within the rules established by the CIF, which is kids can transfer for athletic reasons.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Do you think that people move to Allen's district for athletic reasons?

They may move there for athletic reasons but they may not be allowed to play because of it. (I’m sure some kids slip through the cracks, it happens) 

The reason why? Losing coaches and admin can flag suspicious causes for moves. They have nothing to gain by frivolously approving any move.  Of course they’ll challenge a high profile “athletic” move.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Aaaah so it's a corrupt system and the exceptions are the ones getting caught. Gotcha. (You can believe anything to support your position.)

It's not a corrupt system. It's attempting to police feelings and private intent.

And, yes, almost every transfer of an athlete of decent ability to because of athletics. The parents just don't make that known.

And that's fine.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It's not a corrupt system. It's attempting to police feelings and private intent.

And, yes, almost every transfer of an athlete of decent ability to because of athletics. The parents just don't make that known.

And that's fine.

You're assuming losing coaches don't have insight or suspicion into why a player is unhappy and wanting to transfer.  Most of the time these athletic moves are not strategic but emotional or reactionary.  And feelings and emotions are known 

59 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They may move there for athletic reasons but they may not be allowed to play because of it. (I’m sure some kids slip through the cracks, it happens) 

The reason why? Losing coaches and admin can flag suspicious causes for moves. They have nothing to gain by frivolously approving any move.  Of course they’ll challenge a high profile “athletic” move.  

The Dallas Morning News article states that very few coaches actually challenge a transfer. Only a dozen or two state wide per year. 

3 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

The Dallas Morning News article states that very few coaches actually challenge a transfer. Only a dozen or two state wide per year. 

I’m stating they do have the authority to flag.  They may very well feel the move is legit and not questionable and of course they sign off stating as such. (For varsity players) 

dad gets a promotion from the plant in Houston to Allen, and the whole family is moving, no need to try to flag that move.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I’m stating they do have the authority to flag.  They may very well feel the move is legit and not questionable and of course they sign off stating as such. (For varsity players) 

The implication in the articles was that most coaches know kids transfer for athletic reasons and do not hold up the process, for fear of retribution from other coaches. What would be “legit” reasons for a coach to NOT fight a transfer of a former player? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

The implication in the articles was that most coaches know kids transfer for athletic reasons and do not hold up the process, for fear of retribution from other coaches. What would be “legit” reasons for a coach to NOT fight a transfer of a former player? 

I gave one, parent promotion or distance of the move.  If mom and dad are relocating half way across the state, coaches probably won’t question.  

31 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You're assuming losing coaches don't have insight or suspicion into why a player is unhappy and wanting to transfer.  Most of the time these athletic moves are not strategic but emotional or reactionary.  And feelings and emotions are known 

Losing coaches are generally losers, yes, and they may try to block a kid who doesn't want to be there anymore.

But that doesn't have anything to do with anything.

The bottom line is most athletic transfers are because of, wait for it, athletics.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, The Guru said:

Losing coaches are generally losers, yes, and they may try to block a kid who doesn't want to be there anymore.

But that doesn't have anything to do with anything.

The bottom line is most athletic transfers are because of, wait for it, athletics.

When I say “losing” coaches I’m not talking wins and losses I’m talking from the stand point of losing a student athlete as opposed to gaining a student athlete. 

I’m saying they are aware of those reasons and can flag it. And they do.  Most athletic moves are reactionary to some issue at the current school 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

When I say “losing” coaches I’m not talking wins and losses I’m talking from the stand point of losing a student athlete as opposed to gaining a student athlete. 

I’m saying they are aware of those reasons and can flag it. And they do.  Most athletic moves are reactionary to some issue at the current school 

They really don’t. Only a handful of transfers are flagged annually. Most transfers sail right through. 

• Like 1