There is a chance of a 9-0 colquit vs 9-0 Lowndes for the region title.

HooverOutlaw

5 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Pay raise, open enrollment, and facilities.

$175,000 pay will draw in anyone who wants to coach, the rest is just icing on the cake.

Buford got the right coach.  Ford will turn out to be their best "acquisition" in the last 10 years.  he's the man they will need to they join AAAAAAA in 2 or 3 years.

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Buford got the right coach.  Ford will turn out to be their best "acquisition" in the last 10 years.  he's the man they will need to they join AAAAAAA in 2 or 3 years.

Rufus>>

I agree. He may also be the 3rd best recruiter in the state behind Kenyatta Watson and Richard Morgan. That will help Buford out significantly. Him knowing the Xs and Os is just a bonus.

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

You don't hafta win every game to be a Championship team.  That has been proven time and time again.  You do hafta make the Dance and then win 5 games straight.  And winning the State Championship has always been the crown of choice.

Rufus>>

In some states... with quality competition.

I doubt Bishop Gorman really cares if they win state so long as they win their OOS games.

1 hour ago, ron169 said:

You're talking about basketball right? Yeah they are good at basketball and could possibly or probably beat us.

Riiight lol. All jokes aside, I think Colquitt loses to Tucker in a low scoring game. I think Tucker will take advantage of a Colquitt turnover, and that will decide the game.

Other than that, I believe Colquitt will beat Bishop Sullivan and I'm not too sure about the Lowndes game just yet. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Riiight lol. All jokes aside, I think Colquitt loses to Tucker in a low scoring game. I think Tucker will take advantage of a Colquitt turnover, and that will decide the game.

Other than that, I believe Colquitt will beat Bishop Sullivan and I'm not too sure about the Lowndes game just yet. 

I will be happy to take Colquitt in a small wager......

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I wonder why John left Roswell...

But He'll do excellent at Buford especially with Open enrollment. 

Maybe he saw the writing on the wall? Too many kids graduating and no transfers in the works, with no downward building of the program no developed talent on the way up? 

That and bigger paycheck. 

Timing is a big thing for coaches. Coming off of back to back state runner up finishes was a great time to switch. Stock was high. Perhaps if he had stayed this year and presided over a 4 or 5 loss team, his stock is lower. 

Idk. Just thinking out loud. It was probably all about timing and pay grade though... I throw the other jabs in there as trolling jabs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well crap.  How do I get the money to you when I lose...or possibly the other way around?

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I have no problem paying up or accepting my winnings. If CoCo loses, I'm not gonna take your money like that. Now if CoCo wins, then I can get the money to you somehow... 

Not to worry guys... The Colquitt County Fan Train will be passing the Warner Robins exits on the way to the Benz in December. Y'all can meet up at the old Cafe Erotica exit or something. Easy peasy. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Odds are against it but talk about a final regular season game.

We had the same scenario in 2015, when Colquitt trekked 2000 miles to Wanker Holler in Queensland, to play Camden Co.! And those bitches turned up the heater in the lockerroom to 1000 degrees! THAT, after many on our team had contracted swamp ass prior to the game! And THEN we beat the SHIT OUT OF UM!xD

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not to worry guys... The Colquitt County Fan Train will be passing the Warner Robins exits on the way to the Benz in December. Y'all can meet up at the old Cafe Erotica exit or something. Easy peasy. 

You girls COULD meet up at Chateau Rab In Gray ta pay up! My finder's fee is NOMINAL, and FULLY tax deductible!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Sounds good to me. Cafe Erotica is a Zaxby's now.

I like that sense of confidence you have for Colquitt playing on December 9th, too. 

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

We had the same scenario in 2015, when Colquitt trekked 2000 miles to Wanker Holler in Queensland, to play Camden Co.! And those bitches turned up the heater in the lockerroom to 1000 degrees! THAT, after many on our team had contracted swamp ass prior to the game! And THEN we beat the SHIT OUT OF UM!xD

33-14 doesn't seem to fit your exuberant description.

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

If you think that open enrollment ain't the key! Consider that they have had three coaches, who had previously won ZERO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, before going to Buford!