Running the I bone in HS

ChimpGrip

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

If a team had the talent, would this scheme be worth running in today's game? Teams would struggle mightily to stop it I think. 

I believe the same goes for the triple option. When ran to perfection, it leaves the defense gasping for air, frustrated, and confused often. All while getting torn up on the ground. 

THAT'S what they say about the Split Back Veer TOO! And Colquitt beat three of Thomas Co. Central's five state champions! And one of the others champions was 15-0, and ranked #9 in USA TODAY!(Central 10 Colquitt 7) And we lost SIX games that season!

My towns Hs team ran the veer mainly because  the lack of #s & good athletes.They did okay usually 6-5 type record.

Nine years ago  as a junior level coach (5th & 6th)graders I had 5 kids that could run the ball so I went with the wing t.The hs coach gave me shit until we were 6-0.In our league once you were up by 18pts you had to pull the starters.That usually happened half way through the 2nd quarter.The 2nd team ended up scoring more pts than the starters that season.We ended up going undefeated,had larger crowds then any other level & out fund raised all,even the cheerleaders with all their car washes & bake sales.

The next year I was voted out as Head coach & not even picked up  as an assistant.The new coach ran the veer & these kids won 3 games total until they got to hs level .Seven of the best players went to non pubs & four never played again.

The lack of players at all levels forced the town to merge with a neighboring town.That towns hs head coach runs the wing t & they make the playoffs every year.

7 hours ago, tommygun58 said:

My towns Hs team ran the veer mainly because  the lack of #s & good athletes.They did okay usually 6-5 type record.

Nine years ago  as a junior level coach (5th & 6th)graders I had 5 kids that could run the ball so I went with the wing t.The hs coach gave me shit until we were 6-0.In our league once you were up by 18pts you had to pull the starters.That usually happened half way through the 2nd quarter.The 2nd team ended up scoring more pts than the starters that season.We ended up going undefeated,had larger crowds then any other level & out fund raised all,even the cheerleaders with all their car washes & bake sales.

The next year I was voted out as Head coach & not even picked up  as an assistant.The new coach ran the veer & these kids won 3 games total until they got to hs level .Seven of the best players went to non pubs & four never played again.

The lack of players at all levels forced the town to merge with a neighboring town.That towns hs head coach runs the wing t & they make the playoffs every year.

It sucks when the Big Green Envy Monster sets in. Sounds like the other coaches didn't like losing to much... you must of hurt their feelings.

On 9/25/2017 at 9:48 PM, ChimpGrip said:

If a team had the talent, would this scheme be worth running in today's game? Teams would struggle mightily to stop it I think. 

I believe the same goes for the triple option. When ran to perfection, it leaves the defense gasping for air, frustrated, and confused often. All while getting torn up on the ground. 

Is there another name for the I bone?