Calling it now -- Centennial AZ beats STA

ECHS05

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

STA also lost to Venice (27-20) in the playoffs, & Miramar (44-27)

A 2-loss National Champ that didnt even win their State Championship isnt feasible.

I didnt see them losing to Miramar, but Venice had a strong team and I figured theyd beat STA too.

STA just wasnt very good this past season.

Also... This was simply Mater Deis year... Nobody was beating them out of that #1 spot this year. They crushed everyone.

43 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I feel like if STA woulda won this game, they woulda been the national champs. 

They weren't even top 10 in FL last year (at least not at the end of the season)

Heck i could think of 4 teams in their county alone who was better by the end of the season 

They were talented but poor coaching and bad offensive output killed them throughout the year 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Miramar had the talent to win 8a last year but had a bad draw in first round 

I wasn't surprised Miramar won but them scoring 44 on what i thought was a solid defense Did surprise me 

Agreed. That is quite surprising. Their D was good.... They just had probably the worst offense theyve ever had. Although throughout the year, that seemed to reverse a little. I think their D got frustrated with the O and lost confidence in it.. And that hurt their D productivity a little.

14 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

STA also lost to Venice (27-20) in the playoffs, & Miramar (44-27)

A 2-loss National Champ that didnt even win their State Championship isnt feasible.

I didnt see them losing to Miramar, but Venice had a strong team and I figured theyd beat STA too.

STA just wasnt very good this past season.

Yes, STA was trash on offense this year, but it seems like all of their confidence was lost after the centennial game. Let's just say if they win that game, and then win their classification, I think they win the MNC......at least in one of the polls. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Yes, STA was trash on offense this year, but it seems like all of their confidence was lost after the centennial game. Let's just say if they win that game, and then win their classification, I think they win the MNC......at least in one of the polls. 

Even after Miramar blasted them i thought they would still win 7a, i felt going into playoffs the only team who could beat sta was Venice, if they got by Venice they would have won state 

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They weren't even top 10 in FL last year (at least not at the end of the season)

Heck i could think of 4 teams in their county alone who was better by the end of the season 

They were talented but poor coaching and bad offensive output killed them throughout the year 

STA just needs a legit quarterback. The past two (jake allen and curt casteel) was garbage in my opinion. I feel like if they had a better qb in the past two seasons, they woulda beat BG and won state this year. 

14 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Ehh, the way STA played last year they would have dropped a game no matter what IMO.