Calling it now -- Centennial AZ beats STA

ECHS05

24 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:
  1. LoSer is also an arrogant guy,much like STA... ie...after they watched Bosco lose to Gilman they knew they could blow Bosco out ........HELLLOOOOOO ...STA may be the victim of their own success against weak in state competition...They did play BG very tough, but their other OOS state may be a false positive as to their actual ability... For me, STA arrogance and their refusal to play the much better  MiamiDade teams....This allowed them to bring in the star players who by in large are undisciplined players who have God given talent,but without God given resolve...Roger Harriet appears without emotion and can't discipline these pompous ballers who remind me of the U players who jump around after making a tackle....Those who are hardy in their approbation about STA would be well served to just shut up and say,"we lost to a better team and have much work to do"... Especially loser...

Get all your anger out, old man.

Vent, baby...vent.

33 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:
  1. LoSer is also an arrogant guy,much like STA... ie...after they watched Bosco lose to Gilman they knew they could blow Bosco out ........HELLLOOOOOO ...STA may be the victim of their own success against weak in state competition...They did play BG very tough, but their other OOS state may be a false positive as to their actual ability... For me, STA arrogance and their refusal to play the much better  MiamiDade teams....This allowed them to bring in the star players who by in large are undisciplined players who have God given talent,but without God given resolve...Roger Harriet appears without emotion and can't discipline these pompous ballers who remind me of the U players who jump around after making a tackle....Those who are hardy in their approbation about STA would be well served to just shut up and say,"we lost to a better team and have much work to do"... Especially loser...

Congrats beating Delbarton Archie Bunker.  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I still think that Ech is goofball....but he fucking nailed this one. Not sure one other person bought into it at the time. I know I didn't. Impressive. B|

I knew it just didn't feel it warranted it's own call-out with his own thread

too much self-promoting for how I was raised 😎

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I still think that Ech is goofball....but he fucking nailed this one. Not sure one other person bought into it at the time. I know I didn't. Impressive. B|

I thought ECHS had a great point about matchups, but after already watching both Cen10AZ and STA, I didn't think Cen10AZ was particularly impressive nationally, and I didn't think STA's offense was as bad is it turned out to be.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I thought ECHS had a great point about matchups, but after already watching both Cen10AZ and STA, I didn't think Cen10AZ was particularly impressive nationally, and I didn't think STA's offense was as bad is it turned out to be.

I thought STA had too much skill and speed honestly even on a bad day.

I saw neither last night.

If they played again I'd still call blow-out though.

17 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Maybe if he didn't say so much ridiculous stuff about Florida since season started he would been taken more seriously 

19 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Maybe if he didn't say so much ridiculous stuff about Florida since season started he would been taken more seriously 

Columbia... no one, especially me, cares if you take me seriously or not.

Go back and look at the ridiculous shit you say about Columbia... no body takes that seriously.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I thought STA had too much skill and speed honestly even on a bad day.

I saw neither last night.

If they played again I'd still call blow-out though.

That's because you don't do one damn bit of research to back up your stance; taking ten minutes to scan the individual Hudl profiles of both teams would pretty clearly illustrate which team has a genuine investment in the weight room and which team is named "St. Thomas Aquinas".  STA didn't lose because of "home cooking", late kickoffs, or not enough rest after beating in the brains of a glorified JV team-they lost because they played a team that is about the grind and couldn't give two craps about the other side's D-1 offers or who's dad played in the NFL.  

STA tried to punch Centennial in the mouth-that much was evident on the first offensive play of the game and the facemask take-downs on the few big gainers Centennial broke off.  Centennial punched right back, and judging by the body language of the team and coaching staff even in the first quarter they were not ready for what was being served up.  Let that be a lesson-a team's lack of D-1 offers has nothing to do with whether or not they are physically equipped to take another team down.  STA had not played a team with the overall physical strength that Centennial has before last night, and they won't play a stronger team the rest of this season.  Remember that next time you're tempted to spout off about cheap steaks and baby teeth.

14 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

That's because you don't do one damn bit of research to back up your stance; taking ten minutes to scan the individual Hudl profiles of both teams would pretty clearly illustrate which team has a genuine investment in the weight room and which team is named "St. Thomas Aquinas".  STA didn't lose because of "home cooking", late kickoffs, or not enough rest after beating in the brains of a glorified JV team-they lost because they played a team that is about the grind and couldn't give two craps about the other side's D-1 offers or who's dad played in the NFL.  

STA tried to punch Centennial in the mouth-that much was evident on the first offensive play of the game and the facemask take-downs on the few big gainers Centennial broke off.  Centennial punched right back, and judging by the body language of the team and coaching staff even in the first quarter they were not ready for what was being served up.  Let that be a lesson-a team's lack of D-1 offers has nothing to do with whether or not they are physically equipped to take another team down.  STA had not played a team with the overall physical strength that Centennial has before last night, and they won't play a stronger team the rest of this season.  Remember that next time you're tempted to spout off about cheap steaks and baby teeth.

Good grief!

Happy about the win much? xD

Don't go drummer on us....

59 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Let's put this in perspective. Last year's STA with an offense (and the same D) wins this game by 35. You just lucky to catch STA with their worst offense in 20 years or more. It happens. Even to recruited up super teams (which I hate by the way).

7 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Let's put this in perspective. Last year's STA with an offense (and the same D) wins this game by 35. You just lucky to catch STA with their worst offense in 20 years or more. It happens. Even to recruited up super teams (which I hate by the way).

But they were supposed to win by 35 THIS year and it didn't happen.  And I watched last year's STA offense and no, they wouldn't have (won by 35).  Last year's offense was the same unimaginative "let your receivers make plays on horizontal routes" that we saw last night, with one plodding back traded out for another and one immobile quarterback swapped out for the next.  There may have been some marginal difference in talent from one year to the next and they very well may have won, but let's be real-STA's offensive woes were not on anyone's radar prior to the Bosco game, and before last night most figured it was something that was going to work itself out along the way.  Only reason the offensive struggles are being emphasized now is because they got shut-down by a team most had incorrectly labelled as the fourth-best team in a three-team state.

Centennial's won five state titles since 2006, has finished as runner-up four additional years, has failed to advance to at least the state semifinals just once since 2004, and has won ten games every year since 2003.  They've given up 35 or more just twice(!!!) since they started winning state titles (while playing multi-time state champs Hamilton, Chandler, Saguaro, Chaparral, Brophy, and Desert Vista along the way), and shutout their first three opponents this year who have 1) gone a combined 14-1 against teams not named "Centennial"; and 2) have averaged 37 points a game in those matchups.  In other words...this is a team er, a program that does not lose by 35 to anyone.    

11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

But they were supposed to win by 35 THIS year and it didn't happen.  And I watched last year's STA offense and no, they wouldn't have (won by 35).  Last year's offense was the same unimaginative "let your receivers make plays on horizontal routes" that we saw last night, with one plodding back traded out for another and one immobile quarterback swapped out for the next.  There may have been some marginal difference in talent from one year to the next and they very well may have won, but let's be real-STA's offensive woes were not on anyone's radar prior to the Bosco game, and before last night most figured it was something that was going to work itself out along the way.  Only reason the offensive struggles are being emphasized now is because they got shut-down by a team most had incorrectly labelled as the fourth-best team in a three-team state.

Go check the SJB-STA thread. Like I said in that thread, STA hasn't had a good QB in some time, and that's been the downfall of their offense for almost a decade now.

26 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Centennial's won five state titles since 2006, has finished as runner-up four additional years, has failed to advance to at least the state semifinals just once since 2004, and has won ten games every year since 2003.  They've given up 35 or more just twice(!!!) since they started winning state titles (while playing multi-time state champs Hamilton, Chandler, Saguaro, Chaparral, Brophy, and Desert Vista along the way), and shutout their first three opponents this year who have 1) gone a combined 14-1 against teams not named "Centennial"; and 2) have averaged 37 points a game in those matchups.  In other words...this is a team er, a program that does not lose by 35 to anyone.    

STAs offense was a fair amount better last year. They probably wouldve put it on Centennial last year. Centennial caught STA the right year, with one of Cents better teams and one of STAs worst offensive teams.

I wouldnt take it much further than that. Centennial isnt a program thats going to go toe-to-toe with STA every year.

That said, enjoy the win.

47 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

STA doubled up DBP in offensive yardage that game just about. Although they couldnt "finish" that game... That was a special teams mistakes type game.

But it wasnt great... this years though... is much, much worse.

Why doesn't STA ever have a legit qb? Not like they don't have the pick of the litter ....

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

STAs offense was a fair amount better last year. They probably wouldve put it on Centennial last year. Centennial caught STA the right year, with one of Cents better teams and one of STAs worst offensive teams.

I wouldnt take it much further than that. Centennial isnt a program thats going to go toe-to-toe with STA every year.

That said, enjoy the win.

Do you think STA would have "put it on" Chandler last year?  Mountain Pointe?  Saguaro?  If the answer to any of those is anything less than "yeah, probably" then it's not logical to say that they would to Centennial.  

I could not care less whether or not Centennial is regarded as a national power-if you want to think that in a "normal" year that STA would pile on Centennial that doesn't bother me because I'm confident that the research and legwork I've put in to formulate my opinion is sound.  At the same time I do expect people to be consistent-if people want to elevate Chandler into the national discussion because they almost beat Corona Centennial or they didn't get completely dressed down by IMG those same people best be ready to do the same when Centennial actually beats a consensus national power.