Calling it now -- Centennial AZ beats STA

ECHS05

4 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

The better team lost that night.. IF Bosco played them 10 times on a neutral field they win at least 8 but hey MV won the one that counted so kudos. 

Of course. When NJ loses OOS games it was always the officials, the late night, the 3000 miles of travel, the heat, the humidity. The only one who never made excuses was the coach Bosco recently disposed of.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steeler01 said:

No, if STA had a legit offense, than it would be like that. They're only legit on one side of the ball. Their defense will keep them in games against anybody, but their offense will have them losing to teams they have no business losing too.

This.

I will say the refs were pretty damn timely, seemed like every 3rd down a flag was dropped 1-2 seconds into the play,  was disappointing.   That being said STA didn't deserve to win that game.  The O was pitiful.  It was just bad.  Props to Centennial though, they were ready and did what they needed to do.   Game was Sta v DPB all over again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 954gator said:

This.

I will say the refs were pretty damn timely, seemed like every 3rd down a flag was dropped 1-2 seconds into the play,  was disappointing.   That being said STA didn't deserve to win that game.  The O was pitiful.  It was just bad.  Props to Centennial though, they were ready and did what they needed to do.   Game was Sta v DPB all over again.

This game reminded me of the first Bosco/STA game. Bosco made enough plays to win game and great special teams. How does a team with all this talent look so bad? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

AZ guys... is Perry good enough to win state? I havent had an opportunity to watch them yet... but I saw they brought back like 16 or 17 starters from last year and are sitting at 6-0... 

Theyve obviously been putting up a lot of points.

I still say it's Chandler and Mt Pointe. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

This game reminded me of the first Bosco/STA game. Bosco made enough plays to win game and great special teams. How does a team with all this talent look so bad? 

Well first thing...why stay in a spread O passing on 1st/2nd/3rd when your weakness is the passing game?   Especially with a tied game.  It was really ugly man.

I liked Centennial... because it just felt like the perfect storm. 

I knew STA didnt have a very good O. And that Centennials defense was good. Plus, Centennial is a senior-laden team thats played together for years... the opposite of STA. STA having to play Centennial 4 days after it played Stranahan factored in it too... but Im guessing STA game-planned more for Centennial the week of the Stranahan game than they did Stranahan themselves...

Its not all on the QB last night, STAs offense as a whole sputtered. The QB put the ball where it needed to be a couple times and all the WR had to do was catch the ball and it wouldve been a TD... but nope... some head scratching dropped passes.

The defense will keep STA in literally any game vs any team. But like steeler said also, STA will lose some games it shouldnt because its offense is terrible.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I liked Centennial... because it just felt like the perfect storm. 

I knew STA didnt have a very good O. And that Centennials defense was good. Plus, Centennial is a senior-laden team thats played together for years... the opposite of STA. STA having to play Centennial 4 days after it played Stranahan factored in it too... but Im guessing STA game-planned more for Centennial the week of the Stranahan game than they did Stranahan themselves...

Its not all on the QB last night, STAs offense as a whole sputtered. The QB put the ball where it needed to be a couple times and all the WR had to do was catch the ball and it wouldve been a TD... but nope... some head scratching dropped passes.

The defense will keep STA in literally any game vs any team. But like steeler said also, STA will lose some games it shouldnt because its offense is terrible.

Makes sense. Good job.

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

He was guessing and got lucky

Simple as that 

Yea it just so happens the 1 game Ive made a thread about, that had nothing to do with GA, predicting an upset... was just a lucky guess.

I knew a decent amount about both these teams.. and I took a particular interest in Centennial about 3-4 weeks ago.

Heres a hint... watch as many teams as possible. It allows you to understand matchups.