Calling it now -- Centennial AZ beats STA

ECHS05

Can you tell the board your reasoning behind this? 

Break it down with your reputation for analyzing football on the line.

Does STA have weaknesses that play into Centennial's strengths? 

What games have you watched of Centennial this year and what happened in those games where the light clicked on and you thought they would beat STA?

• Haha 1

The only way I see Centennial winning this is because of the circumstances of the last few days. STA has not played a significant game since SJB over a month ago. Before yesterday their last game was 9/1. They played on Monday and then have to fly and prepare for a game across the country on Friday @1030 EST. This is the only reason I see Centennial pulling off the upset. Would be an incredible upset if it happened.

• Haha 1

Peoria Centennial's O wants  to run with a vet line and a fbs recruit rb.  Play action passes and misdirections a must vs STA, but unless they can move the chains on the ground not sure how effective they will be on O.   

Casteel should have more time to work with and get the ball to his skill players.  More than likely he will have some shorter fields to work with.  Obviously his job is easier if the run game can get going.  He threw a pick last night along with 2 TD passes (one was a screen pass).  

The STA D was tired of practicing with the O clearly... and not that Stranahan is anything special (they aren't and will get throttled by AHP and Gibbons as well), but -45 yards on offense first half (-31 for the game w running clock almost entire 2nd half) still got my attention.  

Anything is possible because I've seen STA lose to a squad with not a single fbs recruit on the field.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

The only way I see Centennial winning this is because of the circumstances of the last few days. STA has not played a significant game since SJB over a month ago. Before yesterday their last game was 9/1. They played on Monday and then have to fly and prepare for a game across the country on Friday @1030 EST. This is the only reason I see Centennial pulling off the upset. Would be an incredible upset if it happened.

Short week does make it difficult thou STA's starters are well rested considering Monday's game was over by halftime. I think STA is pretty hungry and will win by at least 2 TD's.

Centennial has for the most part never played in these type of big OOS games like STA has. An argument can be made that Centennial is #1 team in state. But STA is top 5 in country. I'd like to see Centennial win but I think STA is deeper and more well rounded and more talented.

Latest state rankings from azcentral.com:

1. Centennial

2. Perry

3. Mountain Pointe

4. Chandler

5. Queen Creek

6. Hamilton

7. Salpointe

8. ND Prep

9. Pinnacle

10. Saguaro

Chandler has lost to IMG, MP lost to Chaminade, Saguaro lost to Liberty and Utah (east). Last chance for OOS redemption for Az.

2 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

STA wins easily. They have a smothering quick defense which is not common in the west region. 35-10 final score

STA will NOT, under any circumstance, score 35 points. 

That is the mother of all guarantees. I rest my credibility on this statement -- STA will not score 35 points or more against Centennial.

4 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

STA has played three games this year. They have only allowed three points in those three games combined. 

A theoretical game between STA and MD this year would be amazing. 

Yes, excellent job shutting out Stranahan & Piper (who the...?). 

STAs D is good, no argument here. Centennials is also good, and STAs O is below average for an elite team. 

Centennial wins, 13-10... in the upset of the year.