santa ana, california has a population of 310,000 and 10 high schools.

RedZone

That is normal for the area. A few of those are small magnet schools with a couple 100 kids. Some of the larger schools such as Santa Ana, Valley and Saddleback are very close to MD and have been around longer than MD.

Huntington Beach has about 200K people and it has 6-7 high schools. Fountain Valley has 4-5 schools. 
You get my point.

20 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

That is normal for the area. A few of those are small magnet schools with a couple 100 kids. Some of the larger schools such as Santa Ana, Valley and Saddleback are very close to MD and have been around longer than MD.

Huntington Beach has about 200K people and it has 6-7 high schools. Fountain Valley has 4-5 schools. 
You get my point.

I'm talking more about football teams.

....mater haze does not play 1 santa ana High School in football.

On paper mater haze should be about as great at football as the rest of the schools in santa ana...not very!

It's just really weird.

48 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'm talking more about football teams.

....mater haze does not play 1 santa ana High School in football.

On paper mater haze should be about as great at football as the rest of the schools in santa ana...not very!

It's just really weird.

No, they should not be as good as the surrounding high schools on paper. It's not weird either. 

There are many colleges with football teams located near major D1 power schools. Is it weird that they don't play each other?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

No, they should not be as good as the surrounding high schools on paper. It's not weird either. 

There are many colleges with football teams located near major D1 power schools. Is it weird that they don't play each other?

I'm not even real sure what you're talking about.

I'm talking about santa ana area football. It's pathetic.

mater haze is located in santa ana.

24 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I agree with you that the public schools in Santa Ana suck at football. What does that have to do with MD who is not a public school? Just because MD is in Santa Ana, they have no connection to the public schools. 

Bellflower public high school football sucks also. Bosco is located in Bellflower. Who cares!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:
36 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Expand  

I agree with you that the public schools in Santa Ana suck at football. What does that have to do with MD who is not a public

Because mater haze probably does not have 5 players on their entire roster from santa ana...... If they do they probably just hold blocking dummies and gather up the footballs at the end of practices..

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree with you that the public schools in Santa Ana suck at football. What does that have to do with MD who is not a public school? Just because MD is in Santa Ana, they have no connection to the public schools. 

Bellflower public high school football sucks also. Bosco is located in Bellflower. Who cares!

If MD or SJB played any of their local public schools Caj would be having a meltdown about how their playing weak local publics... 

Man had a full blown cow when STA scheduled Ft.Myers HS.... 

This is another pointless thread

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If you want something more odd imo.  Take a look at Katy.  They have ten high schools (how many can you name lol)and ten state football championships.  Nine from Katy HS and one from Paetow.  Paetow could have an asterisk, they were a new school and had a much larger enrollment than most of the 5A schools they won against.  Not their fault, just a timing kind of deal.

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Maybe when you get to Junior College they'll let you look at a map and teach you how to read it.

I know  Ft.Myers is on the western side of FL. It was a bad example because of distance yes.  But point out the lie Caj... 

So you're gonna sit up here and say you wouldn't have a bitch fit if MD or SJB scheduled their local public schools ? 

Go ahead and lie... 

Deflect... 

Do anything but talk about the actual topic like you usually do Mr. "I'm an expert"

37 minutes ago, pied said:

If you want something more odd imo.  Take a look at Katy.  They have ten high schools (how many can you name lol)and ten state football championships.  Nine from Katy HS and one from Paetow.  Paetow could have an asterisk, they were a new school and had a much larger enrollment than most of the 5A schools they won against.  Not their fault, just a timing kind of deal.

I got 4 of them.

I believe Katy plays 5 or 6 of them in the regular season.

Why does Katy have so many high schools...... population is just 25,000, right.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I got 4 of them.

I believe Katy plays 5 or 6 of them in the regular season.

Why does Katy have so many high schools...... population is just 25,000, right.

Katy ISD includes parts of other municipalities, Houston and a couple others.  Would need the GHA guys to comment.

They do play, and almost ALWAYS beat them. In Santa Ana, Mater Dei and the other schools do not have the same leadership, in Katy ISD, the school district runs all of them.  One is just much better than any of the others.