Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

Saw these last time I was at the Piggly Wiggly and couldn't not pick them up. Of course I drank one as soon as I got home. I will finish them off soon. Good brew. Never thought about having a banana beer, but, was attracted to the thought when I saw them. 

Banana caught my attention, and the description, light cascade of hops, sold me. 

20180915_150146.thumb.jpg.790213a5def708de935212802253bf5d.jpg

20180915_150156.thumb.jpg.f1f5f2cff5708b1ec680533e4696d99c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Thanks for reminding me Hawg.....over the weekend had a collab beer between Listermann brewing company and Pontiac Bourbon and BBQ......one of the slickest cans I've ever seen.

Bananas in Paradise.....one of my favorite beers I've ever had

20180918_083659.png

You should have gone for the official banana drinking garb to complete the picture 😀

061C2867-4DAB-4B58-B3C9-6CD87E7F6393.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Thanks for reminding me Hawg.....over the weekend had a collab beer between Listermann brewing company and Pontiac Bourbon and BBQ......one of the slickest cans I've ever seen.

Bananas in Paradise.....one of my favorite beers I've ever had

20180918_083659.png

That one sounds good. I see some Listermann brews down this way. Maybe I'll get lucky and find that one in my neighborhood.

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That one sounds good. I see some Listermann brews down this way. Maybe I'll get lucky and find that one in my neighborhood.

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

I’m going to have to look for that as well. Have never heard of Listerman, but looks interesting.

I'd be surprised if you saw Listermann anywhere near you.....It's a local Cincinnati Brewery (not the biggest or most popular, but probably our best in terms of quality).....big enough to distribute locally, but I'd be surprised at anything beyond that. 

14 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I'd be surprised if you saw Listermann anywhere near you.....It's a local Cincinnati Brewery (not the biggest or most popular, but probably our best in terms of quality).....big enough to distribute locally, but I'd be surprised at anything beyond that. 

I might know a “guy” who knows a “guy” or two. But if it’s that regional it might be out of those “guys” reach 😀

58 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I'll take a pic of some Listermann brews later. 

I've definitely seen them at one of my spots. Can't remember which one for sure. Could've even been in Atlanta while looking for victor crafts. Pretty sure they were here in MoTown though.

Ok, I went by my spot, and, didn't see any Listermann in there today. I swear I've seen it before though. 

I mean my fave, Back Forty Brewery is pretty tiny yet I still get their beer. Of course I had to request it, email the brewmaster, practically make the deal with the liquor store etc. to get it here, but, it's here now. 

Anyway... y'all gonna turn me into an alky. I went in just to find Listermann and couldn't help but buy a single of this...

20180918_172511.thumb.jpg.840394cb5ac097d66bfbe55e43219a20.jpg

It's definitely beer for drinkin' and very crushable. Tasted like maybe pretty strong grapefruit or some other citrus flavor. It didn't last long. 

I never drink during the week. I blame Coletrain06. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ok, I went by my spot, and, didn't see any Listermann in there today. I swear I've seen it before though. 

I mean my fave, Back Forty Brewery is pretty tiny yet I still get their beer. Of course I had to request it, email the brewmaster, practically make the deal with the liquor store etc. to get it here, but, it's here now. 

Anyway... y'all gonna turn me into an alky. I went in just to find Listermann and couldn't help but buy a single of this...

20180918_172511.thumb.jpg.840394cb5ac097d66bfbe55e43219a20.jpg

It's definitely beer for drinkin' and very crushable. Tasted like maybe pretty strong grapefruit or some other citrus flavor. It didn't last long. 

I never drink during the week. I blame Coletrain06. 

Gotta appreciate the finer things in life my friend..... plus you'll need some victory beers after y'all grab that W from Grayson.

Haha that beer seems so out of line with Sierra Nevada's marketing.......a clever play (BFD) on Beer For Drinking and Big F'in Deal.....and has a bit of the "college kid/ 'merica" vibe

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Gotta appreciate the finer things in life my friend..... plus you'll need some victory beers after y'all grab that W from Grayson.

Haha that beer seems so out of line with Sierra Nevada's marketing.......a clever play (BFD) on Beer For Drinking and Big F'in Deal.....and has a bit of the "college kid/ 'merica" vibe

I didn't realize the top of the can got cut off in the pic. 

It said: Family Owned, Operated and Fought Over. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Haha look a little closer at the can.....apparently you can't transport it or let it get warm.....i guess because it's a milkshake IPA 

If they can put a heart, liver, lung or penis in a cooler and transport it,  then they damn well better be able to do it with a brew 😀!!!!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Drankin' that baby in the parking lot of the convenience store like I'm a wino. Brown paper bag and everythang. 

xD

Curious about the WD-40. Come on Cossacks, the suspense bro... 

Me too. Haven’t had a chance to drink it yet man. I am working until 0100, so I have a few more hours until I can crack it open. Plan on opening that thing up soon as I’m off.

• Like 1