Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

1 hour ago, CardinalTruth said:

Shhhhhiiiiitttt..... I know what I’m doing. Bone ribeye, 2 filets, some shrimp and potatoes. Love this grill haha. Propane, charcoal and smoker wrapped into one 

190FA50C-0F4B-48AA-B965-6432A55DE62D.jpeg

Damn man, bringing back memories of our  Siesta Key feast. @HawgGoneIt, you shoulda seen the feast we cooked up. @CardinalTruth and me had a ridiculous amount of steak, his specialty potatoes, blackened chicken kabobs, shrimp scampi skewers, and boiled clams. Probably something I'm forgetting too

• Like 1

Alright boys, my brother introduced me to this one last weekend.  It's a hazy IPA, which makes for a much smoother taste with a much less bitter finish than a regular IPA.  It's called Relax - The catch phrase is "Relax - It's just a hazy IPA."

Bonus points every time you can work the phrase 'Relax, It's just a hazy IPA' into the conversation -- Trust me, it only gets funnier as the evening progresses...either that or the beer works pretty well...

image.jpeg.568431153167358cc482376b5fb06174.jpeg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Alright boys, my brother introduced me to this one last weekend.  It's a hazy IPA, which makes for a much smoother taste with a much less bitter finish than a regular IPA.  It's called Relax - The catch phrase is "Relax - It's just a hazy IPA."

Bonus points every time you can work the phrase 'Relax, It's just a hazy IPA' into the conversation -- Trust me, it only gets funnier as the evening progresses...either that or the beer works pretty well...

I'll have to try that. Me? Tonight? Tough week. Heavy on the bourbon.

• Haha 1

So after a hectic dinner with my youngest being 2 and throwing a fit in the restaurant ( literally left a New York strip, topped with garlic crab meat, scallops and shrimp and 150 bill to not eat a bite) yea she went full melt down and I respect other people’s dinning so I just threw 2 benjimans and said thanks but we will leave. She went on to have another melt down because she couldn’t ride with her older sister in the bumper cars. So when we returned, I turned to my sanity elixir 

82F4FA03-9BC7-4D55-ACD7-7ABF5E490904.jpeg

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Hazy IPA's aka New England style IPA's are my favorite warmer weather beers.....seems like they are the new "it" beer for breweries. Much easier to drink for people who don't like the bitterness of IPA's 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Hazy IPA's aka New England style IPA's are my favorite warmer weather beers.....seems like they are the new "it" beer for breweries. Much easier to drink for people who don't like the bitterness of IPA's 

They should state that on there IPAs. Like a hey, doesn’t taste like dog vommit. I see IPA and steer clear 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Yeah it was 1 am my time when I drank it 😀

And it was excellent. IPA is not my favorite, and I don’t like overly fruity beers. But this has just a hint of peach, not sweet or overwhelming. Very surprised and impressed. Going to grab a few more today!

Sounds like my Paw Paws peach. Not too bitter, not too sweet. Just right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Yeah it was 1 am my time when I drank it 😀

And it was excellent. IPA is not my favorite, and I don’t like overly fruity beers. But this has just a hint of peach, not sweet or overwhelming. Very surprised and impressed. Going to grab a few more today!

You're a lucky man to live out there. I'd go buy some of that right now if I could.

I sometimes miss living in that part of the world. 

• Like 1

Try this hazy IPA on for size from upstate NY.  Guaranteed to turn an IPA hater into a lover in just 3 gulps:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/breweries/2018/02/foreign_objects_beer_company_new_paltz_clifton_park_hazy_ipa.html

For the more traditional style IPA lovers, local to me - brewery started up down the street from my house at the time:

https://www.captainlawrencebrewing.com/hop-commander-ipa/

• Like 1