Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't dig the strong ipa's.

Have been digging on a couple of stouts. Diet has kept me away from the brews lately. 

I've been holding on to a few Mandarin Chief black double ipa's though for a special occasion. 

I can’t get into the ipa’s.. I suppose I have those things called taste buds. Maybe there sensitive haha. I never ran across a beer I couldn’t finish, until me and @Coletrain06 we’re downtown Cincinnati at a beer fest. Got the same beer, forget what exactly it was called but was a deep ipa. I took two sips and for the first time in my life I was like this ain’t going down. He’s all like this is tasty, I’m like here, give me 2 beer tickets I ain’t drinking that shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

I can’t get into the ipa’s.. I suppose I have those things called taste buds. Maybe there sensitive haha. I never ran across a beer I couldn’t finish, until me and @Coletrain06 we’re downtown Cincinnati at a beer fest. Got the same beer, forget what exactly it was called but was a deep ipa. I took two sips and for the first time in my life I was like this ain’t going down. He’s all like this is tasty, I’m like here, give me 2 beer tickets I ain’t drinking that shit. 

Well, I don't like the two hearted ale that he turned me onto. Those types are just too bitter. I ain't drinking 'em either. 

I do love the black double ipa though. Idk why. 

Then I'm down with the peanut butter stout. 

I like the whites and pales usually too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I don't like the two hearted ale that he turned me onto. Those types are just too bitter. I ain't drinking 'em either. 

I think we have the same taste buds haha 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

8 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

I think we have the same taste buds haha 

Funny.

Of the 3 beers I've met in my life that I didn't want to finish, two were peanut butter flavored. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Funny.

Of the 3 beers I've met in my life that I didn't want to finish, two were peanut butter flavored. 

I really thought I would hate the peanut butter stout, but, I liked it. 

I had to buy a 4 pack for 10 bucks to try one. I ended up killing that bad boy and with a pretty strong buzz. 

Bought another 4 pack the following week. :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

If you guys ever make it out to Chicago, which you should try to do, because it's a great city, they have some very good breweries. 

Goose Island is a fun place to visit and have a neat story.

Revolution is probably my favorite brewery right now. They make some excellent IPAs.

I tried the Goose Island  Urban Wheat. I liked it pretty ok.

• Like 1

I tried the Goose Island  Urban Wheat. I liked it pretty ok.

Well, I would recommend the IPA, but I know that's not your bag. 

Still, if you're ever in Chicago, take a boat tour, and they'll tell you about the brewery there, and that would be good enough to stop in for a pint or two.

• Like 1

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Well, I would recommend the IPA, but I know that's not your bag. 

Still, if you're ever in Chicago, take a boat tour, and they'll tell you about the brewery there, and that would be good enough to stop in for a pint or two.

When I finally get around to taking my major bucket list road trip out west, I'll definitely do the detour there. 

Hell, I have a new brewery like 40 miles away and haven't visited there yet. Pretoria Fields. 

Yet, I'll drive 5 hours to Back Forty for a plate and some beers off their taps. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When I finally get around to taking my major bucket list road trip out west, I'll definitely do the detour there. 

Hell, I have a new brewery like 40 miles away and haven't visited there yet. Pretoria Fields. 

Yet, I'll drive 5 hours to Back Forty for a plate and some beers off their taps. 

That's so funny you should say that, because I just stumbled across a brewery a stone's thrown from my house, Brokerage, while I was out looking for peanuts in the shell for tonight, but I'll drive to Chicago for beer. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

With this as well

F6E7F0CD-AAB5-4D6A-9E81-673D0B163189.jpeg

Ain't gonna lie... Saw the gas bottle under your grill, judged you, and turned my nose up. Then, you broke out the charcoal side with the nice bone in rib eye going over coals and I completely changed my mind about you. Quite a ride in two short posts. 

xD

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ain't gonna lie... Saw the gas bottle under your grill, judged you, and turned my nose up. Then, you broke out the charcoal side with the nice bone in rib eye going over coals and I completely changed my mind about you. Quite a ride in two short posts. 

xD

Shhhhhiiiiitttt..... I know what I’m doing. Bone ribeye, 2 filets, some shrimp and potatoes. Love this grill haha. Propane, charcoal and smoker wrapped into one 

190FA50C-0F4B-48AA-B965-6432A55DE62D.jpeg

• Like 1