It's Now Real...At Colquitt

Rufus69

Last night...the Packers were able to get by one of Florida's more powerful teams...Lincoln.  It was touch and go for a while...but Colquitt settled down...FINALLY...and was able to pull out the win.  The Hawgs go to 6-0 in non-region play.  Like "Doc: said early this morning whilst we were sipping on our Black Silk..."Rufus, will wonders never cease".  Let's hope not.

But NOW...funtime is over.

Next Friday starts Region play.  And the Packers start in Kingsland Georgia inside Chris Gilman Stadium...against the Mighty Bluecats of Camden County.  There have been some awful big "knock'em down - drag'em out" games in that venue.  You got two teams that highly respect each other...and they seem to play some of their best football when they meet.  I don't expect next Friday night to be any different.  Kingsland is really close to Florida...so you guys can expect Ole Nolebull to tell ya that Camden SUCKS and they're tranked around 4500-4600 in the Florida polls.  It just ain't so.  Don't get me wrong...they're no Lowndes...but they're pretty durn good.  Colquitt will hafta Hawg Up...if they wanna come out there with a "W".

Before I go...I wanna give a shoutout to HC Noe(L) Dean and his little band of Blue Devils in Tifton.  They put up one heckuva fight against the dastardly Northside Bluebellies last night.  They lost in OT.  HC Dean decided to go for (2) instead of kicking the tieing xtra point.  The receiver was overthrown in the end zone.  Tift loses 34-35.  It was a region game...so the decision to go for (2) was a big one.  Sometimes you get the Bluebelly; sometimes ya don't.

Georgia plays Auburn this afternoon.  Newbies pick Florida as our most hated rival.  Old Timers know it's Auburn.

So without further ado....

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS - SIC'EM, SIC'EM !!!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Last night...the Packers were able to get by one of Florida's more powerful teams...Lincoln.  It was touch and go for a while...but Colquitt settled down...FINALLY...and was able to pull out the win.  The Hawgs go to 6-0 in non-region play.  Like "Doc: said early this morning whilst we were sipping on our Black Silk..."Rufus, will wonders never cease".  Let's hope not.

Next Friday starts Region play.  And the Packers start in Kingsland Georgia inside Chris Gilman Stadium...against the Mighty Bluecats of Camden County.  There have been some awful big "knock'em down - drag'em out" games in that venue.  You got two teams that highly respect each other...and they seem to play some of their best football when they meet.  I don't expect next Friday night to be any different.  Kingsland is really close to Florida...so you guys can expect Ole Nolebull to tell ya that Camden SUCKS and they're tranked around 4500-4600 in the Florida polls.  It just ain't so.  Don't get me wrong...they're no Lowndes...but they're pretty durn good.  Colquitt will hafta Hawg Up...if they wanna come out there with a "W".

Before I go...I wanna give a shoutout to HC Noe(L) Dean and his little band of Blue Devils in Tifton.  They put up one heckuva fight against the dastardly Northside Bluebellies last night.  They lost in OT.  HC Dean decided to go for (2) instead of kicking the tieing xtra point.  The receiver was overthrown in the end zone.  Tift loses 34-35.  It was a region game...so the decision to go for (2) was a big one.  Sometimes you get the Bluebelly; sometimes ya don't.

Georgia plays Auburn this afternoon.  Newbies pick Florida as our most hated rival.  Old Timers know it's Auburn.

Rufus>>

Come on, man.

Camden County is #50 in Georgia and lost to the only team they played with a pulse this year. They beat up on 2 garbage Florida teams because the Camden County coach is a big pussy and scared of real competition. 

Signed nolebob813.

50 Camden County (Kingsland, GA)   team preview   trend Georgia AAAAAAA Region 1 AAAAAAA 5-1 0-0 0-0 39.5 16.6 18-14
WINS: #1439 Glynn Academy (Brunswick, GA) (46-13), #1478 New Hampstead (Savannah, GA) (51-7), #2118 Columbia (Decatur, GA) (23-12), #3045 Atlantic Coast (Jacksonville, FL) (47-7), #4751 Somerset Academy Canyons (Boynton Beach, FL) (51-7), LOSSES: #667 Brunswick (GA) (21-17)

19 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Come on, man.

Camden County is #50 in Georgia and lost to the only team they played with a pulse this year. They beat up on 2 garbage Florida teams because the Camden County coach is a big pussy and scared of real competition. 

Signed nolebob813.

50 Camden County (Kingsland, GA)   team preview   trend Georgia AAAAAAA Region 1 AAAAAAA 5-1 0-0 0-0 39.5 16.6 18-14
WINS: #1439 Glynn Academy (Brunswick, GA) (46-13), #1478 New Hampstead (Savannah, GA) (51-7), #2118 Columbia (Decatur, GA) (23-12), #3045 Atlantic Coast (Jacksonville, FL) (47-7), #4751 Somerset Academy Canyons (Boynton Beach, FL) (51-7), LOSSES: #667 Brunswick (GA) (21-17)

That "pussy" Camden County coach has more wins and Championships than most coaches...............

Just at Camden...he has (3) State Championships.  He has (5) State Championships total.

Jeff Herron has won well over 300 football games.

Just thought football people would wanna know the facts...in case "NoleBob" says different.

Colquitt gives the man the respect he deserves.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

That "pussy" Camden County coach has more wins and Championships than most coaches...............

Just at Camden...he has (3) State Championships.  He has (5) State Championships total.

Jeff Herron has won well over 300 football games.

Just thought football people would wanna know the facts...in case "NoleBob" says different.

Colquitt gives the man the respect he deserves.

Rufus>>

Herron would like Hoover much better than Kingslands.

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

You know...I honestly think Jeff will coach his last high school football game wearing the Baby Blue.  I could be wrong...but I'd be shocked if he left Kingsland again.

Rufus>>

I agree. I just know he is an elite coach. We need help at Hoover ASAP. We are on life support and fading fast. 

Herron is a puss because he is actually on record of saying he wants guaranteed wins before region play. 

There’s something seriously wrong with most coaches in GA mentality. This false bravado is laughable. Pretending to be tough, and preach hard work, discipline blah blah blah, then schedule glorified JV teams. 

I don’t know why you guys lie on purpose. 

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Come on, man.

Signed nolebob813.

This is all true 

Facebook reminded me of a 13 year old memory arriving.  :) 

Was a good game.  Fun CC crowd.  CC intense warmup walking up near midfield line fired up.  

In the 3rd quarter after CC converted an onside kick recovery and scored, it was game on.  I recall one of the OL making a train conductor motion (we’re moving) and the road crowd was pumped.  

But STA’s run game finally started to click and their WR speed was too much for CC’s secondary.  

IMG_6163.jpeg

On 9/30/2023 at 2:51 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Herron is a puss because he is actually on record of saying he wants guaranteed wins before region play. 

There’s something seriously wrong with most coaches in GA mentality. This false bravado is laughable. Pretending to be tough, and preach hard work, discipline blah blah blah, then schedule glorified JV teams. 

Have you ever met Jeff Herron?  I'm guessing not because had you met him, you wouldn't be making such a foolish post.  I realize as a keyboard warrior you have zero head coaching experience at this level (if any at all.)  In his 31(!) years of head coaching prior to this one, he has only had 3 seasons where his team didn't make the playoffs.  That was in his early years.  He has 5 state championships spread over 3 different teams.  I would say his methods have worked quite well.  He has been named coach of the year multiple years at multiple schools by multiple authorities including the Associate Press not once, not twice, but three times at three different schools.

I haven't paid attention to most of your posts.  Tell us again what your peer qualifications to judge his accomplishments are?  I've missed that.  We are waiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Fred said:

Have you ever met Jeff Herron?  I'm guessing not because had you met him, you wouldn't be making such a foolish post.  I realize as a keyboard warrior you have zero head coaching experience at this level (if any at all.)  In his 31(!) years of head coaching prior to this one, he has only had 3 seasons where his team didn't make the playoffs.  That was in his early years.  He has 5 state championships spread over 3 different teams.  I would say his methods have worked quite well.  He has been named coach of the year multiple years at multiple schools by multiple authorities including the Associate Press not once, not twice, but three times at three different schools.

I haven't paid attention to most of your posts.  Tell us again what your peer qualifications to judge his accomplishments are?  I've missed that.  We are waiting.

I wasn’t speaking to his coaching abilities. I was speaking to his absolute refusal to schedule any teams that will provide any pushback. Especially out of state. He is a master at finding the most obscure garbage teams he can find to pad his win total. It’s a punk move. Especially when you have a superior team and can play real competition. 

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I wasn’t speaking to his coaching abilities. I was speaking to his absolute refusal to schedule any teams that will provide any pushback. Especially out of state. He is a master at finding the most obscure garbage teams he can find to pad his win total. It’s a punk move. Especially when you have a superior team and can play real competition. 

But you *are* talking about his coaching abilities.  Can you not see it?  His choice in opponents is part of his overall strategy and it demonstrably works.  His are teams to be reckoned with in the run for the championship at the end of the season.  Just because he doesn't follow *your* preferred path doesn't mean he doesn't deliver.  If you want a team to play the teams you prefer, get your teaching certificate, get hired as a head coach, and go for it!  Until then ....

40 minutes ago, Fred said:

But you *are* talking about his coaching abilities.  Can you not see it?  His choice in opponents is part of his overall strategy and it demonstrably works.  His are teams to be reckoned with in the run for the championship at the end of the season.  Just because he doesn't follow *your* preferred path doesn't mean he doesn't deliver.  If you want a team to play the teams you prefer, get your teaching certificate, get hired as a head coach, and go for it!  Until then ....

You're starting to sound like adam carter himself. I agree he deserves respect for what he has done in the past. With that being said he has done nothing since then. Its the present past wins means nothing and I hate to agree with nolegirl but he is padding his wins. That shit isn't a formula. Randy Mac did the same and so did adam carter at grayson. Coaches do it everywhere. Propst was one of the few who had the balls to schedule good teams for none region games. Ole Jeff did it in his elite years but definitely backed away from it. It all shows come playoffs. Teams with weak schedule get their heads beat in for the most part when they play an elite team.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

1 hour ago, Fred said:

But you *are* talking about his coaching abilities.  Can you not see it?  His choice in opponents is part of his overall strategy and it demonstrably works.  His are teams to be reckoned with in the run for the championship at the end of the season.  Just because he doesn't follow *your* preferred path doesn't mean he doesn't deliver.  If you want a team to play the teams you prefer, get your teaching certificate, get hired as a head coach, and go for it!  Until then ....No I’m not. Rush is a great coach with tons of wins and titles. But his characters and morals have always been suspect to most. So if someone called out his questionable decisions as something they wouldn’t want their son being exposed to, would you say “hey it works! It’s part of his philosophy!”

I think bullies are cowards. And Herron has that bully mentality finding the worst garbage teams he can find to beat up on. He knows how to coach, but if would be a tough call tho decide if you would want your son coached by someone with no spine. Someone who likes to bully crappy teams. 

On 9/30/2023 at 2:51 PM, Nolebull813 said:

STA 

Hoover 

Miami Central 

Colquitt-Non-region 

Norcross-Non-Region 

First coast when they where decent... 

Lowndes-Non-Region...

Ahhh yes... 

Pussy... 

Sad part is me and you have done this dance 3-4 times now... 

Coach Herron knows what he's doing... 

But he also knows he doesnt have all the talent those previous squads had... 

Caj however is a pathetic Fuckface little pissant... 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think bullies are cowards. And Herron has that bully mentality finding the worst garbage teams he can find to beat up on. He knows how to coach, but if would be a tough call tho decide if you would want your son coached by someone with no spine. Someone who likes to bully crappy teams. 

I have personal knowledge of the man.  I don't believe you do.  He has more integrity in his little finger than you have exhibited in the years you have been posting on this board.  I would *gladly* have him coach my son.  I have personally seen him stand up and do the right thing with players, families, wanna be coaches, and opposing teams.  I don't think you can say the same thing.

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

You're starting to sound like adam carter himself. I agree he deserves respect for what he has done in the past. With that being said he has done nothing since then. Its the present past wins means nothing and I hate to agree with nolegirl but he is padding his wins. That shit isn't a formula. Randy Mac did the same and so did adam carter at grayson. Coaches do it everywhere. Propst was one of the few who had the balls to schedule good teams for none region games. Ole Jeff did it in his elite years but definitely backed away from it. It all shows come playoffs. Teams with weak schedule get their heads beat in for the most part when they play an elite team.

Adam padded his wins at Grayson?  Have you lost what little mind you had?  Hmmm, we played the likes of Mill Creek, Colquitt, Lowndes, Marietta, Westlake, Jones Co, and Collins Hill as non region games in Adam's time.  Prior to that, we are the only team in GA to schedule IMG, Bergen Catholic, John Curtis and while others have played Hoover, we did twice during years Hoover had good records.  You also don't know as much about how Grayson schedules teams as you think you do.  The coach has input but does not make the final decision.  The AD and principal do.

Hmmm, Coach Herron has greater success than Lowndes has since Lowndes won state in 2007.  It's been a long dry spell for you, hasn't it?

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:
3 hours ago, Fred said:

But you *are* talking about his coaching abilities.  Can you not see it?  His choice in opponents is part of his overall strategy and it demonstrably works.  His are teams to be reckoned with in the run for the championship at the end of the season.  Just because he doesn't follow *your* preferred path doesn't mean he doesn't deliver.  If you want a team to play the teams you prefer, get your teaching certificate, get hired as a head coach, and go for it!  Until then ....No I’m not. Rush is a great coach with tons of wins and titles. But his characters and morals have always been suspect to most. So if someone called out his questionable decisions as something they wouldn’t want their son being exposed to, would you say “hey it works! It’s part of his philosophy!”

Nothing like editing my post to make it look like I said something I didn't.  High integrity demonstrated there.

On 9/30/2023 at 8:21 AM, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

If Colquitt raises a sweat against 1-7A, Coach HOON needs to find a new vocation. The Packers have played their two toughest opponents til maybe the second or third round.