Caitlin Clark Salary

RedZone

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

The bottom line is Caitlin Clark deserved much better and others before her deserved much better.

No they don't and no she doesn't.

The league has lost upwards of $250m since 1997.

They are paid what the revenue (and the patience of the NBA) can support.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

In 1970-71, the NBA reported to Congress that its total revenue was only $32.3 million. That is only about $244 million in today's dollars. According to Forbes, every NBA franchise earns more revenue today than the entire NBA earned in its 25th season.

So at an even earlier time in it's development, the NBA (year 25) generated roughly 25% more revenue than the WNBA (year 27).

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

So at an even earlier time in it's development, the NBA (year 25) generated roughly 25% more revenue than the WNBA (year 27).

The NBA had 17 teams in 1971. 

The WNBA started with 8 teams and currently has 12 teams.

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

The NBA had 17 teams in 1971. 

The WNBA started with 8 teams and currently has 12 teams.

The WNBA had *16* teams at one point but had to fold a bunch of them.

Usually when something grows (the NBA is at 30 teams currently), and sustains, that's a sign of financial health.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’ll likely be pulling the trigger on NKE next week, hopefully after another dip.  
Clark’s Nike (sneaker) deal helps for sure. 

I have a beef with Nike when it comes to community support in their own backyard. My daughter has been president of the local Eugene Oregon pee wee football league for the last 4 years. She has contacted Nike (who’s world headquarters is a couple of miles from there playing field) a few time over the years about sponsorship and the best they would do is give them 15% off. I’m not saying they should give it away free but at minimum they should charge cost and throw in some damn socks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

I have a beef with Nike when it comes to community support in their own backyard. My daughter has been president of the local Eugene Oregon pee wee football league for the last 4 years. She has contacted Nike (who’s world headquarters is a couple of miles from there playing field) a few time over the years about sponsorship and the best they would do is give them 15% off. I’m not saying they should give it away free but at minimum they should charge cost and throw in some damn socks.

If you think those kids are getting a bad deal, you should talk to the kids in Cambodia, China and Bangladesh who work in their sweatshops 

On 4/19/2024 at 1:31 PM, Sweetlarry said:

2+ decades and this is what you have. A product that doesn’t have one team getting 10k fans. It’s cute that 17K showed up to watch a women get drafted but their average of 4K per game (with 2K+ dressed as empty seats) tells th real story. 

Good stuff. By the way, big Womens supporter you are and all, which team do you have season tickets to? Who jerseys do you have? What type of support do you provide for the shitshow other than making stupid arguments on a message board where a grand total of about a dozen people interact with you, most of those people being your multiple personalities?!? I’m curious. 

3D0C3D9B-F9E3-4B28-87BA-4BBAFD8F2204.thumb.jpeg.17b11241b769ec0298fe237a8b0a30da.jpeg what you’ve got. 

That’s more than I thought they averaged in the league.  I was guessing 4K range.  

Seattle 3rd in attendance.

Great fan base.   Marlins should move there.  Seattle Pilots once again.  

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

If you think those kids are getting a bad deal, you should talk to the kids in Cambodia, China and Bangladesh who work in their sweatshops 

Maybe they should start a union. We know how much your far right wing brethren love some collective bargaining and union activism calling for better working conditions.

• Haha 1

Appears to be making an impact in Dallas as well.  Looks like season tickets are ~2,500 seats.

https://x.com/wfaa/status/1782529866526589334

DALLAS — The Dallas Wings confirmed Monday that it has sold out of season ticket memberships for the upcoming season -- for the first time in the franchise's history.

The sellout comes less than two weeks before the team's opening pre-season home game on May 3 against the Indiana Fever

Could it be the Caitlin Clark effect? The Iowa product and No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 WNBA Draft last week is drawing all sorts of hype heading into her rookie season in the WNBA -- some of it not even real.

Regardless, it's clear that North Texas' appetite for women's basketball is growing, and that the Wings are ready to serve.

Wings season ticket memberships account for nearly 40% of the 6,251 seats inside College Park Center in Arlington, the team said. The arena's remaining seats have all been designated for single-game, group, or flex plan tickets. 

Last week, Dallas Wings CEO Greg Bibb told WFAA that individual ticket sales for Wings games were already up 1,170%, and that overall ticket sales were up 220%.

Fans interested in joining the season ticket membership waitlist can click here for more information. (With a possible move to a larger Downtown Dallas arena in the team's potential future, it might be smart to get on that list sooner than later.)

The WNBA, already coming off earning its best attendance and viewership season in decades this past summer, has gotten even more boosts in the offseason following the record-breaking viewership of the NCAA Women’s Championship game between Iowa and South Carolina. 

Click here to take a look at the Wings' full 2024 game schedule. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, pied said:

Appears to be making an impact in Dallas as well.  Looks like season tickets are ~2,500 seats.

https://x.com/wfaa/status/1782529866526589334

DALLAS — The Dallas Wings confirmed Monday that it has sold out of season ticket memberships for the upcoming season -- for the first time in the franchise's history.

The sellout comes less than two weeks before the team's opening pre-season home game on May 3 against the Indiana Fever

Could it be the Caitlin Clark effect? The Iowa product and No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 WNBA Draft last week is drawing all sorts of hype heading into her rookie season in the WNBA -- some of it not even real.

Regardless, it's clear that North Texas' appetite for women's basketball is growing, and that the Wings are ready to serve.

Wings season ticket memberships account for nearly 40% of the 6,251 seats inside College Park Center in Arlington, the team said. The arena's remaining seats have all been designated for single-game, group, or flex plan tickets. 

Last week, Dallas Wings CEO Greg Bibb told WFAA that individual ticket sales for Wings games were already up 1,170%, and that overall ticket sales were up 220%.

Fans interested in joining the season ticket membership waitlist can click here for more information. (With a possible move to a larger Downtown Dallas arena in the team's potential future, it might be smart to get on that list sooner than later.)

The WNBA, already coming off earning its best attendance and viewership season in decades this past summer, has gotten even more boosts in the offseason following the record-breaking viewership of the NCAA Women’s Championship game between Iowa and South Carolina. 

Click here to take a look at the Wings' full 2024 game schedule. 

Attendance records will be shattered this year....

#trendingup

On 4/20/2024 at 8:53 PM, Norcalnut said:

Maybe they should start a union. We know how much your far right wing brethren love some collective bargaining and union activism calling for better working conditions.

If that’s your response to slave labor and sweatshops, then companies like Nike love people like you!

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Attendance records will be shattered this year....

#trendingup

Clark is expected to sign a huge Nike shoe deal as well.

Soon young girls and some boys will be wearing the Caitlin Clark Nike Air! 🤔😂

How much is Nike paying Caitlin Clark?

$28 million

WNBA superstar Caitlin Clark is getting ready to sign an eight-year, $28 million deal with Nike, according to reports.3 hours ago

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

Clark is expected to sign a huge Nike shoe deal as well.

Soon young girls and some boys will be wearing the Caitlin Clark Nike Air! 🤔😂

How much is Nike paying Caitlin Clark?

$28 million

WNBA superstar Caitlin Clark is getting ready to sign an eight-year, $28 million deal with Nike, according to reports.3 hours ago

I’m sure you’ve got dozens on order in all the colors of the rainbow, but she ain’t nothin’ new…….the latest Diana Taurasi.

She is a helluva talent and will make a lot of money, but we will see if she grows into a billion dollar entity. 

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Nothing you ever say makes a lick of sense.

Nike hates unions.

All I said was don’t be shocked that Nike won’t help local youth leagues because they are a company who profits from child slave labor. 

I’m not sure where unions came into play

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

All I said was don’t be shocked that Nike won’t help local youth leagues because they are a company who profits from child slave labor. 

I’m not sure where unions came into play

Yeah, not sure where unions came from.

Except it was the entire subject of the very post that you were quoting.

Screenshot2024-04-23162909.thumb.png.35a94b0f9aabfface25ae79d539c4176.png

You are such an imbecile.

21 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Yeah, not sure where unions came from.

Except it was the entire subject of the very post that you were quoting.

Screenshot2024-04-23162909.thumb.png.35a94b0f9aabfface25ae79d539c4176.png

You are such an imbecile.

No the original post I quoted was him saying his daughter runs a youth league in Eugene OR near Nike and they won’t help any with supporting the team and my response was if you are surprised by that you should see how they treat kids in other countries. And then he responded that way which made no sense to my claim 

On 4/20/2024 at 3:05 PM, Norcalnut said:

On 4/20/2024 at 7:08 PM, Nolebull813 said:

20 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

If that’s your response to slave labor and sweatshops, then companies like Nike love people like you!

@Atticus Finch this is the exact order of posts and what was said 

This was literally the response to me saying kids in other country’s are being used for sweatshops by Nike 

54 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No the original post I quoted was him saying his daughter runs a youth league in Eugene OR near Nike and they won’t help any with supporting the team and my response was if you are surprised by that you should see how they treat kids in other countries. And then he responded that way which made no sense to my claim 

The post that you were quoting, which I then quoted, was *ENTIRELY* about starting a union.

Again, you're an imbecile.

• Haha 1