Week 12 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

3 hours ago, Consuela said:

yu weesh

But dona leet Meester Sammy burst ur bubel.

Meester Rush, heee loos too meny gaim.  I teel heem dona schedule Meester Teeft

I graduated from Tift. And Consuela you sound like you went to Tift... 

But dont treat this like some sort of thing thats been happening...

Tift is  18-26 vs Colquitt all time...  Im not counting the Pre-80's Tift and Colquitt have been playing for almost 110 years... 

56 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Tift is  18-26 vs Colquitt all time...  Im not counting the Pre-80's Tift and Colquitt have been playing for almost 110 years... 

And only a few of those 18 wins have come in the last 15 years.

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The second oldest rivalry after Valdosta and Colquitt.

That is a for real rivalry. All other rivalries are "tier 2" compared to the Valdosta/Colquitt and Tift/Colquitt rivalries. 

6 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

@Sammyswordsman  

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/ohio-playoff-games-shake-top-100/

please review this poll ... now this guy knows his shit try to take some pointers from a real one

This poll ranking is Whacked!

SJP at #7, DLS at #16 BC at #25...??? You complain about ranking team with no signature wins, and you submit this as your guide ??? 

10 minutes ago, Mr.miami305 said:

Sammy you were high on Central even after MNW beat them the first time.You kept  MNW behind them I believe it was because of the Norland lost .

I was high in Central early on and still think they are a really good team.  The second loss to MNW combined with the MNW Norland debacle, and no show vs IMG forced a drop 

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I was high in Central early on and still think they are a really good team.  The second loss to MNW combined with the MNW Norland debacle, and no show vs IMG forced a drop 

I think you were putting too much into the Norland vs MNW game. Area rivalry game so things like that happen kinda like Miramar vs STA. I always liked your placement of Central just didn'y think they belonged behind MNW.

29 minutes ago, Mr.miami305 said:

I think you were putting too much into the Norland vs MNW game. Area rivalry game so things like that happen kinda like Miramar vs STA. I always liked your placement of Central just didn'y think they belonged behind MNW.

IF MNW would have beat Norland by 2+ scores, then both MNW and Central would be Tier 2.  Then I could also move The Bishop up to Tier 2 and DLS and St. John up to Tier 3.   Now if MNW and SJC win out and DLS plays the Stache somewhat tight in the SBG, then all 4 can play themselves up a Tier. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Does this mean a 30 pt differential prediction?  I beg to differ beyond 10 pts either way.  This “should” be a close one.  

No it means that Colerain should not have much trouble putting Pick Central away, whether its 21-7 or 21-10....look for a two score differential.

It also means that the Tier 3 and 4 teams would also beat Pick Central a high % of the time.

You cant interpolate score differentials with the tiers.....people that do that, do not understand the concept.

The concept of the Tier system is that an undefeated team on a lower tier should not be ranked ahead of a team on a higher tier.  The reason the team is on a lower tier in the first place is that they do not have a signature win over a higher ranked team.  In addition If a team has a signature win vs. a better team, but also a loss to a worse team, then that can result in holding them back until they can play their way back up with another signature win.

Of course there are a few exceptions, but all exceptions will have the opportunity to face a signature team at some point in the season to stay on the higher tier.

21 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Unbiased computer projects 

1DBB55EF-9427-4CA0-8BC5-1C82FF217930.jpeg

B414EC67-C7F8-4273-989D-348971AA5709.jpeg

0769CDB4-136E-436C-B722-0698375B3D74.jpeg

Sammy, this is what I was getting at 2 pages ago. Too early to put Allen and Katy on the same tier with MD & IMG. If either TX. team or both make a big playoff run then you have some data to justify then being Tier 1 but at this point in the season I'd place then both at tier 2. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Sammy, this is what I was getting at 2 pages ago. Too early to put Allen and Katy on the same tier with MD & IMG. If either TX. team or both make a big playoff run then you have some data to justify then being Tier 1 but at this point in the season I'd place then both at tier 2. 

IMO both Allen and Katy will work their way up the  Calpreps and other polls as they advance through the Texas playoffs.  I am just getting ahead of that curve.  They are exceptions that I referred to in my previous post.  Eventually they will have the opportunity to get a signature win to justify their Tier ranking.  I did the same with Cen10 until Cen10 struggled so much with Serra, and had to be dropped because a weakness was exposed.