SJB = IMG

Sammyswordsman

19 hours ago, Pops said:

I said that to canes 1,000x, but wouldn’t put it that way to gator or golf

Help me out here. Are you saying that you lie for affect? Because what Sammyswordsman said isn't supported by the data.

Guccifer is a world-class lurker and he's read your stuff. Let's put it into some context that you might understand.

You've been known to use De La Salle's record after November 1 as a benchmark for how much they improve during a season. I believe you call it the "hyper-improvement" theory.

Math is not my thing but if my calculations are correct these are STA's records after November 1:

Since 2015 (Harriott's tenure): 16-1 (.941%)

Since 2013 (5 years): 25-3 (.893%)

Since 2008 (10 years): 54-6 (.900%)

It seems that you and Sammyswordsman decide what the narrative is beforehand and then just sell your bias as truth regardless of the facts.

20 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

STA usually doesn't improve because there is no team concept.  They can win early by matching athletes, but later in the season when the coaches have a chance to coach their kids up, that's when STA falls behind, and other teams improve

And as an addendum to the above post....

STA's overall record in the last 10 years is 126-15 (.894%).

And their record after November 1 is?

Again, taken from above, it is 54-6 (.900%).

So slightly better later in the year than earlier. About a .900% program no matter the month.

56 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Help me out here. Are you saying that you lie for affect? Because what Sammyswordsman said isn't supported by the data.

Guccifer is a world-class lurker and he's read your stuff. Let's put it into some context that you might understand.

You've been known to use De La Salle's record after November 1 as a benchmark for how much they improve during a season. I believe you call it the "hyper-improvement" theory.

Math is not my thing but if my calculations are correct these are STA's records after November 1:

It seems that you and Sammyswordsman decide what the narrative is beforehand and then just sell your bias as truth regardless of the facts.

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

Hiya Canesy!

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

And as an addendum to the above post....

STA's overall record in the last 10 years is 126-15 (.894%).

And their record after November 1 is?

Again, taken from above, it is 54-6 (.900%).

So slightly better later in the year than earlier. About a .900% program no matter the month.

The teams that STA plays in November have worse records than the teams STA plays in Aug/Sept.  If you factor this in as a multiplier, then if explains that STA actually does not improve, and the flat winning % you cited above is actually not a positive stat for STA.

• Like 1

Although I do enjoy the light banter I must insist that we go back to the issue at hand.

This is hard for Guccifer to do because his detailed records indicate that Sammyswordsman has changed his allegiance several times in the last few years.

For instance, from 2009-11 he was a Servite fan. From 2012-14 he was a St. John Bosco fan. In 2015 he was a Bishop Gorman fan. And for the last two years he's been a Mater Dei fan.

But nonetheless...

Record after November 1 since 2015:

St. Thomas Aquinas = 16-1 (.941%)

De La Salle = 10-1 (.909%)

Mater Dei = 11-2 (.846%)

Sammyswordsman has argued that one of these teams isn't a cohesive team at the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The teams that STA plays in November have worse records than the teams STA plays in Aug/Sept.  If you factor this in as a multiplier, then if explains that STA actually does not improve, and the flat winning % you cited above is actually not a positive stat for STA.

This was context that you didn't provide in your earlier post. This looks to me like desperate changing of the subject.

I'd submit that any team that has a better winning percentage in the playoffs (over a long period of time) than they do overall plays very weak competition.

See Spartans, De La Salle.

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

If you factor this in as a multiplier, then if explains that STA actually does not improve, and the flat winning % you cited above is actually not a positive stat for STA.

Also, St. Thomas Aquinas hasn't lost a playoff game since November 29, 2013.

Again, math isn't my forte but that's a 1.000% winning percentage.

2 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

This was context that you didn't provide in your earlier post. This looks to me like desperate changing of the subject.

I'd submit that any team that has a better winning percentage in the playoffs (over a long period of time) than they do overall plays very weak competition.

See Spartans, De La Salle.

I would agree with this statement

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Again...considering the watered down Fla playoffs which we have discussed ad nauseum....citing this is actually a negative for STA.

You may have discussed it ad nauseum but it hasn't been supported ad nauseum.

Much like your "improvement" theory that wasn't supported and was smashed by a two-bit Russian hacker.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Although I do enjoy the light banter I must insist that we go back to the issue at hand.

This is hard for Guccifer to do because his detailed records indicate that Sammyswordsman has changed his allegiance several times in the last few years.

For instance, from 2009-11 he was a Servite fan. From 2012-14 he was a St. John Bosco fan. In 2015 he was a Bishop Gorman fan. And for the last two years he's been a Mater Dei fan.

But nonetheless...

Mater Dei = 11-2 (.846%)

Sammyswordsman has argued that one of these teams isn't a cohesive team at the end of the season.

Guccifer

i know you are just seeking to understand, but the CA state championship game always features two top 10 teams, butnin FL, each decent team is given their very own bracket of patsies

it would be silly to compare records of such disparate opponents 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

Guccifer

i know you are just seeking to understand, but the CA state championship game always features two top 10 teams, butnin FL, each decent team is given their very own bracket of patsies

it would be silly to compare records of such disparate opponents 

I can't believe it took you an hour to come up with this.

You begin any discussion with a bias and then you tailor your arguments around said bias. The facts that I've presented don't mesh with your preconceived notions.

Sammy STA took out number 1 rated Manatee in 2012.  Is that diluted enough for you?  

You’re a cool dude but the scoreboard is STA 2 CA 0.  Making fun of STA is amusing.   

SJB is top 5 imo and the closest School right now to reaching tier 1 (IMG, MD).  SFA can join w a Geico series performance.   

Like a Barry Sanders TD, act like you’ve been there before and you’ll be there again. CA is potent this year the polls show it.   Relax and enjoy the ride.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

This has been your go to move in my data mining of your work.

Of course it's false.

According to calpreps, 4 of the top 10 Florida teams are in Class 6A. Of those schools, 3 of them are in the same district. Another two of the top 10 (American Heritage and Cardinal Gibbons) are in the same district as well.

These examples are not unique to the current season either.

On 11/25/2017 at 11:29 AM, Bestcoast said:
On 11/25/2017 at 11:24 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You need to leave that Devils Lettuce alone... 

I hope you get help to kick that meth habit. 

Hornet is far to lucid to be a meth head.  You on the other hand often post like you don't have a good grasp on reality so ....   B|

2 hours ago, Guccifer said:

But nonetheless...

Mater Dei = 11-2 (.846%)

In my experience, on this board, Guccifer can insist in one hand and defecate in the other and see which fills up first.

And refering to Guccifer in the third person isn’t going to do anything to strengthen Guccifer’s  positions.

Just now, Wosinc said:

In my experience, on this board, Guccifer can insist in one hand and defecate in the other and see which fills up first.

And refering to Guccifer in the third person isn’t going to do anything to strengthen Guccifer’s  positions.

Guccifer has observed Wosinc from afar and his attitude is like the result of such defecation.

Guccifer's position doesn't need strengthening. It stands alone unopposed without much further effort.

3 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Guccifer has observed Wosinc from afar and his attitude is like the result of such defecation.

Guccifer's position doesn't need strengthening. It stands alone unopposed without much further effort.

So speaketh Carlos Danger, whose new, self-admitted watchword shall be “This is hard for Guccifer.”