You just have your panties in a knot because no one cares about GA at all

Zero teams in comp poll — out of 46 🤣

sammy throws you guys bones in this tier thread for his own amusement 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pops said:

You just have your panties in a knot because no one cares about GA at all

Zero teams in comp poll — out of 46 🤣

sammy throws you guys bones in this tier thread for his own amusement 

I couldnt sleep last night just thinking about it.

Oh look, theres even a team a GA 7A 2nd Rd loser beat in an OOS game in there... and a KS team and a WV team..

Im hurt... but it seems like these pollsters really know their stuff.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

[...]

MD beat SJB twice? Something no other team did? What the fuck? Like STA was gonna get another shot... Or any team outside the Trinity... That's a stupid criteria as it's something all but 4 or 5 teams in the country don't get a chance to do.

But beating teams that have no losses inside or outside their own playoffs is a better criterion or something that more than 4 or 5 teams in the country get a chance to do?

If one is stupid, then so is the other. That's the point. 

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Not saying a number of teams couldn’t beat them, but besides MD and SJB, who would be favored?

am not sure anyone 

Ben Davis?  AHP?

Pops please.  The state that has proven their mettle in these matchups is FLa...not CA. 

SJB and BG were beaten by 2 Fla teams, one of which is not in the top 10, the other barely in the top 5.  Let that marinate. You all are so quick to crow but yet, accomplish so little relative to the hype. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Pops please.  The state that has proven their mettle in these matchups is FLa...not CA. 

SJB and BG were beaten by 2 Fla teams, one of which is not in the top 10, the other barely in the top 5.  Let that marinate. You all are so quick to crow but yet, accomplish so little relative to the hype. 

But SJB and BG were also beaten by one CA team, namely, MD.

And they were beaten by MD by more points than then any other team they played, including, those two FL teams. 

Let that marinate. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

But SJB and BG were also beaten by one CA team, namely, MD.

And they were beaten by MD by more points than then any other team they played, including, those two FL teams. 

Let that marinate. 

You're making circular arguments.  I already stated MD accomplished a win vs other lesser teams.  It was not unprecedented and waters down those wins IMO.

SJB is overhyped, specifically and CA in general, to bolster MD.

you just had Pops post that maybe ONLY 2 teams would be favored over SJB:  AHP and B Davis...lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

You're making circular arguments.  I already stated MD accomplished a win vs other lesser teams.  It was not unprecedented and waters down those wins IMO.

SJB is overhyped, specifically and CA in general, to bolster MD.

you just had Pops post that maybe ONLY 2 teams would be favored over SJB:  AHP and B Davis...lol 

Apparently Texas isn't even in the conversation this year.  These are pretty sad for Texas.

Supports my view that SJB would be a Top 3 Texas team this year, easily
neutral fiehld
[2017] St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 38, [2017] Allen (TX) 24

neutral field
[2017] St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 31, [2017] Katy (TX) 27

58 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Apparently Texas isn't even in the conversation this year.  These are pretty sad for Texas.

Supports my view that SJB would be a Top 3 Texas team this year, easily
neutral fiehld
[2017] St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 38, [2017] Allen (TX) 24

neutral field
[2017] St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 31, [2017] Katy (TX) 27

I couldn't give two craps about calpreps, it's the tool you CA boys hang your hat on. They also predicted a SJB blow win over STA and we all KNOW how that turned out...lol

lile I said, that calpreps tool makes you all paper tigers.  The baddest, toughest teams on PAPER 😂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I couldn't give two craps about calpreps, it's the tool you CA boys hang your hat on. They also predicted a SJB blow win over STA and we all KNOW how that turned out...lol

lile I said, that calpreps tool makes you all paper tigers.  The baddest, toughest teams on PAPER 😂

Check your facts.

CP is the current overall leader in the Pick 'Em.

No one said that CP is infallible.

But on the available evidence, CP is as reliable as anyone and more reliable than most. 

6 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Check your facts.

CP is the current overall leader in the Pick 'Em.

No one said that CP is infallible.

But on the available evidence, CP is as reliable as anyone and more reliable than most. 

Not in interstate matchups, they would be terrible in the cross class matchups instate too where they have lower class and small privates ranked ahead of bigger class schools.  

Their predictive abilities will never be called into question as those games aren't played. 

I only need to look at Texas to see this flaw and know it would be significant if the games were actually played. 

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I couldnt sleep last night just thinking about it.

Oh look, theres even a team a GA 7A 2nd Rd loser beat in an OOS game in there... and a KS team and a WV team..

Im hurt... but it seems like these pollsters really know their stuff.

What’s funny is you trying to position that you’ve been disrespected as you’re disrespecting two other states 

you dont think that KS or WV could have a better team than GA?

heck, you don’t think that about NorCal, which has a better team about 90% of the time

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You are just being an obstinate homer that’s pissed off your state isn’t getting more attention

you are not being analytical — you’re petulant and emotional 

using one game examples mean very little, unless you want to be reminded how an average CA team travelled to TX (since TX doesn’t do the other way around and, btw neither does FL) and crushed your state champ 

why is it always CA that travels?

MD is an awesome team that has proven more ALREADY than any TX team in history — remain unimpressed at the peril of your own reputation and dignity 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

You are just being an obstinate homer that’s pissed off your state isn’t getting more attention

you are not being analytical — you’re petulant and emotional 

using one game examples mean very little, unless you want to be reminded how an average CA team travelled to TX (since TX doesn’t do the other way around and, btw neither does FL) and crushed your state champ 

why is it always CA that travels?

MD is an awesome team that has proven more ALREADY than any TX team in history — remain unimpressed at the peril of your own reputation and dignity 

Pops Im not worried about my rep. on a football site where folks only know me as "Horsefly". Lol

i never said MD wasn't good, I said their resume is not monumental and historic.  

That avg team from CA ended up being semi finalists.   And using you CA boys very tool, they finished 5th in CA that season. 

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with Texas and everything to do with the MD resume this season.

Was BG beat by any other OOS team?

Was SJB beat by any other OOS team?

Was BC beat by any other OOS team?

the answer to these ?s is "yes" MD had no win that was unprecedented, as such, their OOS conquest ended up being a more accurate comparison of them to STA, Central and archbishop wood than to the rest of America.  STA and Central were bounced in their state playoffs.

Now, had central and STA ruled FLa, then that would have made a bigger statement for me...but they didn't.

These points really can't be argued, they are fact...everything else is opinion 

Edited by Horsefly

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This has nothing to do with Texas and everything to do with the MD resume this season.

Was BG beat by any other OOS team?

Was SJB beat by any other OOS team?

Was BC beat by any other OOS team?

the answer to these ?s is "yes" MD had no win that was unprecedented, as such, their OOS conquest ended up being a more accurate comparison of them to STA, Central and archbishop wood than to the rest of America.  STA and Central were bounced in their state playoffs. These points can't be argued, they are fact...everything else is opinion 

Did Allen or Katy or any top 10 Texas team play OOS?  If not then any OOS wins for MD and SJB are plus + on the ledger.  Texas can't use OOS against Ca 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Did Allen or Katy or any top 10 Texas team play OOS?  If not then any OOS wins for MD and SJB are plus + on the ledger.  Texas can't use OOS against Ca 

I'm  not a defender of national polls nor of any TX team being given one.  I like TX football but can do without the MNC hardware recognizing any of our teams. You will have to use some other factors to refute my arguments.

But if we must play this game, I like IMG's 9-game resume more than MD.

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'm  not a defender of national polls nor of any TX team being given one.  I like TX football but can do without the MNC hardware recognizing any of our teams. You will have to use some other factors to refute my arguments.

But if we must play this game, I like IMG's 9-game resume more than MD.

You only say that because IMG whipped DeSoto.  You have no bragging rights. So of course you say IMG is better because that elevates Texas via Desoto getting stomped 

twisted logic by you Texas folk 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I would stop right here if I were you sir and hang up the phone and block the number.  It's a SPAM caller errrr SAM caller.

:D
PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2015] De La Salle (Concord, CA) 62, [2015] Trinity (TX) 0

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You only say that because IMG whipped DeSoto.  You have no bragging rights. So of course you say IMG is better because that elevates Texas via Desoto getting stomped 

twisted logic by you Texas folk 

IMG didn't play Desoto this season.  I thought you followed OOS play?.