Week 14 Tiers (New)

Sammyswordsman

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

HAHA!!

How do you argue with skewed analytics?  Calpreps is about as reliable as the Internet in Havana.  Yet Cubans are overjoyed by it.  xD SMDH.  And don't forget if they had a rematch DLS would have destroyed those big ass Tongans.  Cuz Calpreps tell them that every year before/after they lose OOS.   62 - 0 in the rematch on a make believe field xD because the actual game didn't really take place.  And I am a fan of Cali ball and MD is my team.  I don't think they are a once in a lifetime team this year.  They are doing what great teams do. Dominate inferior teams.   Same as Allen did with a very good Martin Team.  I am not hating because we get mad respect in Texas from all the polls if not ranked 1st we usually have more teams ranked than anyone.  That's good enough for me.   Please Mater Dei hang half a hunnert on Sparty. 

Who is more impressive the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals or DLS vs. NorCal Football teams? Half the state have been rendered neutered by DLS.  I would hop on the Southern drums and bang the hell out of them too. 

D estroying

L owly

S crubs

Neutered means:  Their Nuts have been cut off. :D Half the State football teams are Eunuchs and DLS is the Butcher.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Apparently Texas isn't even in the conversation this year.  These are pretty sad for Texas.

Supports my view that SJB would be a Top 3 Texas team this year, easily
neutral fiehld
[2017] St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 38, [2017] Allen (TX) 24

neutral field
[2017] St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 31, [2017] Katy (TX) 27

image.jpeg.feb87746fe2e4176eb05fc7d6b9b7a68.jpeg

• Haha 2

Nothing like a win over DLS to make a state giddy for a decade

NJ probably just coming back to earth from '09

FL definitely still has some mileage left on STA '11 refueled w/ SJB this year (both in Ft. Lauderdale in August  naturally)

TX has years years left on the Trinity game

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

Nothing like a win over DLS to make a state giddy for a decade

NJ probably just coming back to earth from '09

FL definitely still has some mileage left on STA '11 ns (both in Ft. Lauderdale in August  naturally)

TX has years years left on the Trinity game

Do you remember, 23rd night of September... :D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

IMG beat CC in CA back-to-back years.  Didn't Lakeland beat DLS in CA?

IMG — the football academy that destroys everyone — beat CA’s 4th best team by 1 and then stretched a 7 point 4th quarter lead out the next year against 3rd string QB that hadn’t even practiced position

lakeland — who was top 15 when they were knocked out of FL playoffs — beat DLS in 2OT in ‘09.  That was DLS’s 3rd loss in 4 games and they trailed a NorCal team 7-0 at half of other one and another NorCal team by 11 at half in game after and we’re tied with another NorCal team at half in next game.

lakeland was last game in a 56-10-2 run DLS “suffered” in the mid 00s — went 151-0 prior tonrun and have gone 117-5 since playing a top 10 team in their final game every year 

im ok with that

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

IMG — the football academy that destroys everyone — beat CA’s 4th best team by 1 and then stretched a 7 point 4th quarter lead out the next year against 3rd string QB that hadn’t even practiced position

lakeland — who was top 15 when they were knocked out of FL playoffs — beat DLS in 2OT in ‘09.  That was DLS’s 3rd loss in 4 games and they trailed a NorCal team 7-0 at half of other one and another NorCal team by 11 at half in game after and we’re tied with another NorCal team at half in next game.

lakeland was last game in a 56-10-2 run DLS “suffered” in the mid 00s — went 151-0 prior tonrun and have gone 117-5 since playing a top 10 team in their final game every year 

im ok with that

You don't have to be "ok" with it.  The results will still remain.

the games are a full 4 quarters.  In '09 DLS went undefeated in CA, regardless of HT score.  

IMG changed time zones and played CC at a ridiculous time...and still won...twice 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

I would stop right here if I were you sir and hang up the phone and block the number.  It's a SPAM caller errrr SAM caller.

:D
PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2015] De La Salle (Concord, CA) 62, [2015] Trinity (TX) 0

Lies.

CP projects 35-21 DLS, which is anything but laughable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You don't have to be "ok" with it.  The results will still remain.

the games are a full 4 quarters.  In '09 DLS went undefeated in CA, regardless of HT score.  

IMG changed time zones and played CC at a ridiculous time...and still won...twice 

My point with halftime scores was showing DLS was scuffling at the time 

2009 games 1, 4 and 5 (1st NorCal games)

dls 14 serra 7 (0-7 at half)

dls 33 amador valley 22 (3-14 at half)

dls 28 Monte Vista 21 (tied at 21 at half)

in their next games against these theee teams (one of which was later in ‘09 playoffs) they won by a combined 145 (45+56+44) to (7+0+7) 14

the point being that you’re really reaching if you need to go back 8 years and talk about DLS losing to a top 15 team in OT whole scuffling 

your comment about a ridiculous time is funny considering how TX doesn’t travel so every OOS game TX plays is under different rules that’s undeniably a much more significant Home field advantage than start time

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

in their next games against these theee teams (one of which was later in ‘09 playoffs) they won by a combined 145 (45+56+44) to (7+0+7) 14

the point being that you’re really reaching if you need to go back 8 years and talk about DLS losing to a top 15 team in OT whole scuffling 

your comment about a ridiculous time is funny considering how TX doesn’t travel so every OOS game TX plays is under different rules that’s undeniably a much more significant Home field advantage than start time

Im not talking texas at all...I'm talking Fla.  nice deflection though

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I couldn't give two craps about calpreps, it's the tool you CA boys hang your hat on. They also predicted a SJB blow win over STA and we all KNOW how that turned out...lol

lile I said, that calpreps tool makes you all paper tigers.  The baddest, toughest teams on PAPER 😂

As a 1%er i would like to say i am all about that paper!!!

giphy (1).gif

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

Save it for the excuse thread.

Anybody can barely escape a team 28-21 early in the season and then beat them 44-7 in the playoffs.

That's zero evidence that DLS improves. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Im not talking texas at all...I'm talking Fla.  nice deflection though

Let me back up a step

I'm sorry re-reading this thread that I went to "obstinate homer" and other things too fast -- you are a good guy w/ a biased but pretty relatively fair reputation 

My point is this MD team is very impressive -- probably best hsfb team I've ever seen.  They play "my" team this week and I believe are going to be able to name their score.  This isn't the best DLS team ever, but I believe they are fairly ranked by all of the polls (I believe everyone including CP has them between 10 and 15).  I think MD could win by 50 if they so choose.

Maybe I'm wrong -- either in inflating MD or undervaluing DLS and we'll see shortly.

I just believe that there is a new level of hsfb at the national level in which every state is not participating that are creating super-teams, which you guys in TX are choosing to "talk away".  I think this DLS team is comparable to the '09 team that won the CA championship by 14 points and they're about to lose the CA championship by 40 -- that's what I'm talking about that I don't think you Texans are acknowledging.  

They didn't make teams like Mater Dei and IMG in the old days and TX has never had one and won't until/ unless there's changes in rules/ transfers/ etc (which, btw, I hope you don't).  

DLS is NOT on this level.  Neither is any team in TX.... or GA.... or OH

There's MD...... and IMG..... and at least expressing a commitment to go there, just without the top team this year, SJB, STA, BG, SJC and whatever FL public has the best transfer year.  

I think there's 

MD

gap

IMG

gap

Everyone else

And IMG might be 2nd best team ever

Over my near decade being afflicted with this hobby, I've had a chance to read and participate in discussions about best team ever.  I'll offer you to expand your list from best TX team to best team anywhere that match MD (assuming they put DLS to sleep without too much perspiration) in either achievement or roster.  

I get the California overload at CP creates a natural defensiveness to accept it's data at all in support of CA teams, but they're #1 in every human poll as well, which hasn't happened in almost a decade and that's vs, like I said, a very formidable competitor/ record in IMG.

I may be wrong, but I'm not spinning.  I just think this is a very unreal team.  Most MNCs I'd think would go something like 20-4 if they had to play every other top 25 team -- I'm not sure MD wouldn't be odds on to go 24-0.

JMHO and again, apologies if a punch or two went below belt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Let me back up a step

I'm sorry re-reading this thread that I went to "obstinate homer" and other things too fast -- you are a good guy w/ a biased but pretty relatively fair reputation 

My point is this MD team is very impressive -- probably best hsfb team I've ever seen.  They play "my" team this week and I believe are going to be able to name their score.  This isn't the best DLS team ever, but I believe they are fairly ranked by all of the polls (I believe everyone including CP has them between 10 and 15).  I think MD could win by 50 if they so choose.

Maybe I'm wrong -- either in inflating MD or undervaluing DLS and we'll see shortly.

I just believe that there is a new level of hsfb at the national level in which every state is not participating that are creating super-teams, which you guys in TX are choosing to "talk away".  I think this DLS team is comparable to the '09 team that won the CA championship by 14 points and they're about to lose the CA championship by 40 -- that's what I'm talking about that I don't think you Texans are acknowledging.  

They didn't make teams like Mater Dei and IMG in the old days and TX has never had one and won't until/ unless there's changes in rules/ transfers/ etc (which, btw, I hope you don't).  

DLS is NOT on this level.  Neither is any team in TX.... or GA.... or OH

There's MD...... and IMG..... and at least expressing a commitment to go there, just without the top team this year, SJB, STA, BG, SJC and whatever FL public has the best transfer year.  

I think there's 

MD

gap

IMG

gap

Everyone else

And IMG might be 2nd best team ever

Over my near decade being afflicted with this hobby, I've had a chance to read and participate in discussions about best team ever.  I'll offer you to expand your list from best TX team to best team anywhere that match MD (assuming they put DLS to sleep without too much perspiration) in either achievement or roster.  

I get the California overload at CP creates a natural defensiveness to accept it's data at all in support of CA teams, but they're #1 in every human poll as well, which hasn't happened in almost a decade and that's vs, like I said, a very formidable competitor/ record in IMG.

I may be wrong, but I'm not spinning.  I just think this is a very unreal team.  Most MNCs I'd think would go something like 20-4 if they had to play every other top 25 team -- I'm not sure MD wouldn't be odds on to go 24-0.

JMHO and again, apologies if a punch or two went below belt

Appreciate the comment.  My point never was about how good MD is or isn't, it was all about their resume. 

Agree, TX could easily remove the gloves and allow open sports transfers.  No need to do that though for only OOS games and chasing MNC.  If that ever becomes a TX priority it's a wrap for the rest of the country IMHO. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, waldiejr said:

i love how cali stays in these haters minds. while we dont even care about ga tx or fl lmao

Did Texas come on here asking about Tiers or Tears B| and claim that it was superior to anything in Cali.  Texans pretty much stay out of these who has the bigger nutz.  We are no Johnny come lately.  This seems to ba  Ca. vs. Ga. thing the whole year. Actually most Texans think it's silly and don't comment on others.  We are kinda stuffy like that.  We love our ball and we show how much. Most just puff out their chests over a Select group of kids and scream look see us.  Allen, Katy, LT, Longview, Lufkin, North Shore suites us just fine.  I will assure you other than probably myself the Mater Dei fan. None of them will give a damn about he Cali D1 championship cuz we will be in week 5 of our NFL Season length playoffs.    We don't spend time about some damn imaginary tears.   You beat a 4th in Class Texas Aledo with your Big Boys good for you and we beat your D1 Champ with a a 1st Round Playoff loser.  You debate which is more impressive.  Here I will help you'll feel better. 

A L E D O.  You beat our Big Boy Champ 9_9.  Not really our Champion but hey North Korea claims that Beyond Tang is a nice place to live too and the People believe old Kim Yung Fat.

A MAT

M ADE

A LEDO

T AP

O OUT

• Haha 1

Tiers per Calpreps/Slamming Sammy the Hype Man :D

Alpha Teams (T-1)

MD, SJB, DLS,

Bravo Teams (T-2)

LB Poly, Centennial,  Folsom

Charlie Teams (T-3)

MV, Oak Christ.  Helix

Delta Teams (Tier 4)

TX 6A DI, FL 7A, OH DI and GA 7A :D

Calpreps prediction on Neutral Field

MD 75   Allen 2     MD takes a Knee in the End zone to end it. 

When Everything above San Luis Obispo have no relevance in HS Football you probably shouldn't be trying to get in a Shooting war with Texas go back to Ga.

How the rest of NorCal looks with DLS after them.  Pretty much a joke but you watch it anyway just hoping the Wash Generals (Norcal teams) Win.  Never happens. 

30269572-6c06-4364-8d3d-596346a398d9-sma

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Well said @Pops. You are dead on!  The Texas guys need to read the book "who moved my cheese"

Sammy sometimes I think you are truly joking.  You think TX is worried about missing the mark on MNC when we are on the verge of having an epic matchup between the two best programs :Katy and Allen that could potentially set attendance records?  We're talking 60+K people?  Come on man.....

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Sammy sometimes I think you are truly joking.  You think TX is worried about missing the mark on MNC when we are on the verge of having an epic matchup between the two best programs :Katy and Allen that could potentially set attendance records?  We're talking 60+K people?  Come on man.....

Allen Vs. Katy?   Have things changed where these teams will actually play?

That would be epic.  The Texas version (with more attendance) of DLS vs. SJB/MD or MD vs SJB

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Allen Vs. Katy?   Have things changed where these teams will actually play?

That would be epic.  The Texas version (with more attendance) of DLS vs. SJB/MD or MD vs SJB

They are both in the same division this cycle.    We are two games away, but both have a fairly tough road...IMO katy moreso than Allen.

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They are both in the same division this cycle.    We are two games away, but both have a fairly tough road...IMO katy moreso than Allen.

A lot of people will be interested to see how Katy stacks up.  Could be the end of the Katy Mystique.  Will be a great game for sure.  Hope it will be viewable on TV or online

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

A lot of people will be interested to see how Katy stacks up.  Could be the end of the Katy Mystique.  Will be a great game for sure.  Hope it will be viewable on TV or online

Or it could be the end of the Allen mystique....They will stack up well

it will be available on fox sports southwest...all of the TX state championships.  D2 could be a good one as well.

• Like 2