Week 14 Tiers (New)

Sammyswordsman

35 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

MD played no team from a power state...not one

the SJB win is only impressive to you CA guys.  They lost to one of the worst STA teams in decades.  

[...]

MD played BG from NJ and many teams from CA. 

And even if you yourself don't consider NJ or CA as power states, that's irrelevant, since they also played BG, who has been as good anyone in the country over the last few years: there are excellent teams outside whatever you consider the power states. 

And the two wins against SJB are impressive to more people than just CA guys. Consider the fact that SJB is currently ranked 13th in the comp poll and 6th in the board's reader poll. 

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Majority of HS football fans in Texas never heard of DLS either.  Having your head up your HS Football *ass from a national perspective is a problem in the Lone Star State.

No question, the State as a whole has the best High School football in America, but there are teams in other states that are better than Top Texas teams in some years.

Way to go out on a limb there, Sammy.  I'll have to add that little quote to my tagline.

32 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

[...]

There are other teams that have beaten two state champs...

IMG when it's all said and done may get credit for 4:  Miami northwestern, chandler, Venice and Hoover

Which other teams?

And IMG might get credit for 4 by the time the season is over, but right now they've only got 1, right?

36 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Which other teams?

And IMG might get credit for 4 by the time the season is over, but right now they've only got 1, right?

Potentially Grayson and west Monroe.  It's a fete even non state champions accomplished.  Lol

again, MD can earn the title from every pub, I'm saying that what they did this season in being given the award was not specatacular.

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

again, MD can earn the title from every pub, I'm saying that what they did this season in being given the award was not specatacular.

Am being serious 

describe a “spectacular” TX season — you can pick any team from any year and tell me about the very best season that anyone in TX has ever had 

am trying to figure out what would impress you

they got a marquee OOS win (which probably only a couple of your top 10 could match), play in the #1 league in country, are in the #1 playoff in country even before SBG where they’ll have DLS waiting

after they stomp DLS, they will have navigated with ease a tougher road than I’m aware has ever been hoed in TX

and I like TX and am from there and have said many times I think it’s the #1 state

i am flummoxed as to how you can be so unimpressed as a passionate and intelligent National hsfb fan 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

Am being serious 

describe a “spectacular” TX season — you can pick any team from any year and tell me about the very best season that anyone in TX has ever had 

am trying to figure out what would impress you

they got a marquee OOS win (which probably only a couple of your top 10 could match), play in the #1 league in country, are in the #1 playoff in country even before SBG where they’ll have DLS waiting

after they stomp DLS, they will have navigated with ease a tougher road than I’m aware has ever been hoed in TX

and I like TX and am from there and have said many times I think it’s the #1 state

i am flummoxed as to how you can be so unimpressed as a passionate and intelligent National hsfb fan 

You're not listening to what I'm responding to.  The rhetoric of being "the team of a generation" and the team of all teams, MD didn't have a specatacular season.  The accolades don't match reality.

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You're not listening to what I'm responding to.  The rhetoric of being "the team of a generation" and the team of all teams, MD didn't have a specatacular season.  The accolades don't match reality.

You're giving Sammy's hyperbole way to much attention

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It wasn't Sammy I was responding to, not in agreement with the high ranking for CA teams in general and SJB specifically...3d is laughable.

I think there’s several non-CA people that wouldn’t bet against SJB vs anyone except MD and IMG 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It wasn't Sammy I was responding to, not in agreement with the high ranking for CA teams in general and SJB specifically...3d is laughable.

I would agree with SJB.I however haven't seen a better team than MD this year....of course someone could beat them all teams can be beat.Since this MNC thing is nothing but the eyeball test they certainly pass that

8 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

But none of this changes the fact that...

MD beat SJB twice, something that no other team did this year

that...

MD beat SJB by more points than any other team did this year

that...

MD beat two state champs, something that no other team has done this year

and that...

MD beat those state champs by more points than any other team did this year

If Hoover & John Curtis both win their respective titles,  Grayson will have beaten the large class state champ in AL, and the D1 State Champ in LA.

MD beat SJB twice? Something no other team did? What the fuck? Like STA was gonna get another shot... Or any team outside the Trinity... That's a stupid criteria as it's something all but 4 or 5 teams in the country don't get a chance to do.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB looked a lot better vs. Cen10 then IMG did.   #fact

So now the eye test is applied as a reasonable data point for a Cali team. 

There's so many data points being applied from so many different angles that the data points for Cali teams looks like...

Image result for one million dots

When we get around to arguing a Georgia team in the tiers, we get one or two data points being the reason against. 

It's laughable at this point and that's being nice. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Eye test brooo!

I don't mind the eye test personally, if it's tempered with other stuff that makes sense. If polls weren't lazily using Cal Preps as their starting point for the other national polls, and applying the "how they are right now" logic, things would look a lot different than they do currently in the polls. 

This one, uses different logic for damn near every team mentioned though. One team gets eye test benefits, one is struggling due to record in spite of the eye test though. Etc. and etc. 

xD

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't mind the eye test personally, if it's tempered with other stuff that makes sense. If polls weren't lazily using Cal Preps as their starting point for the other national polls, and applying the "how they are right now" logic, things would look a lot different than they do currently in the polls. 

This one, uses different logic for damn near every team mentioned though. One team gets eye test benefits, one is struggling due to record in spite of the eye test though. Etc. and etc. 

xD

You just mad cuz the Stache has a Once in a Generation team.  Which will keep the MNC out west since The Bishop had no weakness the previous two years.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

You just mad cuz the Stache has a Once in a Generation team.  Which will keep the MNC out west since The Bishop had no weakness the previous two years.

Not at all. I'm actually happy for Coach Rollinson. I like listening to his high pitched voice whistling through his mustache as he talks. Good for him.