Week 14 Tiers (New)

Sammyswordsman

I'm looking for an Austin sweep this year. I'm predicting Lake Travis/Allen D1 & Westlake/Midway D2 for the championship games.  I still think Katy has not been proven except for last weeks game they stepped up in competition a notch but I do not see anything remarkable from just looking at their schedule this year.

4 minutes ago, DiaTX said:

I'm looking for an Austin sweep this year. I'm predicting Lake Travis/Allen D1 & Westlake/Midway D2 for the championship games.  I still think Katy has not been proven except for last weeks game they stepped up in competition a notch but I do not see anything remarkable from just looking at their schedule this year.

Folks said the same thing about them in 2015. This week will be a good gauge on where they are.

13 minutes ago, DiaTX said:

True, and thanks for that reminder.  After this weekend I think we can really gauge what teams are for real going into the Semis.

I seriously doubt that LT can win next week's game, regardless of who comes out of Region 3.  Both Katy and North Shore have exactly what they need to beat Lake Travis...top-notch running games and very strong defenses.  LT has no running game, and they can't defend the run, either.  They're still a year, or two away IMO.

5 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

I seriously doubt that LT can win next week's game, regardless of who comes out of Region 3.  Both Katy and North Shore have exactly what they need to beat Lake Travis...top-notch running games and very strong defenses.  LT has no running game, and they can't defend the run, either.  They're still a year, or two away IMO.

Katy fans I have found to be generally, brutally honest when it comes to assessing their teams.  Rarely do they sugarcoat or give a homer opinion.

with that...how good is this katy team?

3 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

The good thing is we are only a week or so away from finding this out.  I do feel LT makes it through to face KT or NS and I agree the running game is lacking but I do not think either can contain the LT offense from putting up at least 40-50 points.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Allen Vs. Katy?   Have things changed where these teams will actually play?

That would be epic.  The Texas version (with more attendance) of DLS vs. SJB/MD or MD vs SJB

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

They are both in the same division this cycle.    We are two games away, but both have a fairly tough road...IMO katy moreso than Allen.

But Sammy tries to rank these teams! He doesn't even know who they play or what division they're in. The comic book guy at least kept up with that kind of stuff. 

xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Katy fans I have found to be generally, brutally honest when it comes to assessing their teams.  Rarely do they sugarcoat or give a homer opinion.

with that...how good is this katy team?

This year's Katy team just has that look.  The defense is very 2015-ish, and the offense is a notch better, IMO.  With 2 D1 caliber running backs, the running game has been a strength all season.  RB Deondrick Glass is explosive...a threat from anywhere on the field.  We've also got a better passing game than I've seen since the Andy Dalton/Bo Levi Mitchell days.  We'll be a tough out for anyone.

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But Sammy tries to rank these teams! He doesn't even know who they play or what division they're in. The comic book guy at least kept up with that kind of stuff. 

xD

With all the data points we have to consider, spending research time on potential games which may or may not happen, are not a pertinent use of our teams time.

You have no specific complaints about the Tiers, anyway.

57 minutes ago, DiaTX said:

The good thing is we are only a week or so away from finding this out.  I do feel LT makes it through to face KT or NS and I agree the running game is lacking but I do not think either can contain the LT offense from putting up at least 40-50 points.

LT fans said that in 2015 too, then you went out and scored a whopping 7 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yard Dart said:

LT fans said that in 2015 too, then you went out and scored a whopping 7 points.

1 hour ago, playballintxandmi said:

HAHAHA. I still remember LT fans sitting behind me at NRG talking about how Katy hadn't seen an offense like theirs and how they'd be impressed if Katy held them under 35.

I can still remember that game like it was last week and I do remember having a similar feeling going in. All I can say it let’s get both teams through to next weekend and let’s line em up and knock em down. 

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Appreciate the comment.  My point never was about how good MD is or isn't, it was all about their resume. 

Agree, TX could easily remove the gloves and allow open sports transfers.  No need to do that though for only OOS games and chasing MNC.  If that ever becomes a TX priority it's a wrap for the rest of the country IMHO. 

Agree with everything including 

TX could remove gloves and be firmudable

theyre not

me and you both appreciate that they’re not

likewise for me on DLS — hope they don’t change to compete at that level (it sure if they even could)