Week 14 Tiers (New)

Sammyswordsman

20 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Its interesting Pick Central is in Tier 3...

They barely beat 2 average Michigan teams OOS, but dominated Ohio... hmmm..

First they only played 1 squad from Michigan.  Second, that was a top 5 Michigan squad.  3rd, are you aware that their only loss is to a D3 team from Ohio and trailed in the 4th quarter of the semi-finals?  

18 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 -   Mater Dei,

Tier 2 -  IMG,  Bingham,  Ben Davis, Katy

Tier 3 -    SFA,  Pickerington Central, AHP, Bishop Gorman, SJB, Allen, Northwestern FLA

Tier 4 -   Bergen Catholic, Cen10, Cardinal Gibbons,  Central, Trinity Ky

North Gwinnett, St. John's, Colerain,  Collquitt County, St. Louis HI,  Venice,

Tier 5  Centennial AZ,   East UT,  Cocoa,  Walton, St. X,  SJP,  Chandler AZ, Archer, St. Iggy, Mentor OH, Mission Viejo, 

Tier 6   Servite,  OLU, Chaminade, JSerra, Santa Margarita,  Tift,  St. X (Ky),  Ft. Dorchester, Manvel TX, Grayson, Lowndes, DLS (Johnny Stanton Rule), Santa Margarita, St. Eds, Union OK, Poly, South Pointe,  Rome

Tier 7   Folsom,

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

*Tiers based on how teams are playing today.  Not based on week 1 games etc.

*Tier 1 teams can compete with any other Tier 1 teams and possibly win 1+ of 10

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from 7 to 21 depending on the styles of teams playing.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate 

Sambo, you STILL haven't been able to splain how you can have SFA and AHP at Tier Three, and Colquitt at Tier four? When Colquitt was more impressive against a common opponent and MUCH tougher competetion overall! And they are about to embark upon HISTORY in the Mercedes Benz Stadium? Not to mention why you are showing SOOOOO much LUUUUUV for a Jefferson Davis squad who has beaten NOBODY in a NOBODY STATE? 

If you are questioning Colquitt's close losses and the RESOUNDING revenge game against their only major bump in I-75N! Then you MUST concur that UGA, the 2018 National Champions, are not qualified to be in the big daince! 

Rab....you're part of the problem.  We can't blame all this on Sammy when you will not acknowledge that Colquitt is Tier 5.  We ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs.  (not as inexperienced as we used to be)  Sure...we beat No.2 seed Pebblebrook at their place 230 miles from home....and yes...we did defeat 11-0 Walton at their house in Metro ATL around 240 miles from Colquitt...and Uh HUH...we did it to 12-0 Archer in the Tiger Dome on the road when ALL the gurus said it couldn't be done...and finally...we went into Brookwood and soundly beat the Broncos and their PERFECT coach in the Land of the Lost.

But if you look at the odds of us traveling (one more time) to the ATL and having to line up and play them MONSTERS from North Gwinnett...well, the computers can't even be programmed for numbers that big. Loren Maxwell will have us double-digit losers.  Hair On Fire will write a song about it...(Smile).  Lowndes will scream...it should have been us !!!!  And Valdosta will say...we need a dual threat Quarterback.

And while I'm at it...if Buddha were to waive his hand...and the stars were to align just right...and the "stripers" were to cheat...and Colquitt actually won the AAAAAAA State Championship....then Rome better go to represent Georgia in any National game...cause we all know how GOOD they are.

We're Tier 5, baby.  We're Tier 5.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Sambo, you STILL haven't been able to splain how you can have SFA and AHP at Tier Three, and Colquitt at Tier four? When Colquitt was more impressive against a common opponent and MUCH tougher competetion overall! And they are about to embark upon HISTORY in the Mercedes Benz Stadium? Not to mention why you are showing SOOOOO much LUUUUUV for a Jefferson Davis squad who has beaten NOBODY in a NOBODY STATE? 

If you are questioning Colquitt's close losses and the RESOUNDING revenge game against their only major bump in I-75N! Then you MUST concur that UGA, the 2018 National Champions, are not qualified to be in the big daince! 

You have a legit argument about SFA.  AHP has the same quality wins, with less losses than your Packers.  I will say that if the Pack can beat North Gwinett, then they have every right to be on the same tier as SFA and AHP.  Good luck!

6 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I posted facts Pops

You whined and distorted in a way that was beneath the poster I know is all I’m saying

T-ball posts that dribble and we all just roll our eyes 

I’m disappointed that you did as it was nice to have a voice of reason from TX

One still has to wonder how losses to teams not rated in these tiers has anything to do with deciding whether a team could stay within a certain number of points of the teams on the next tier up. Especially when these teams share common opponents.

The tiers are goofy as (censored). Certainly nothing more than a really good troll attempt. 

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

One still has to wonder how losses to teams not rated in these tiers has anything to do with deciding whether a team could stay within a certain number of points of the teams on the next tier up. Especially when these teams share common opponents.

The tiers are goofy as (censored). Certainly nothing more than a really good troll attempt. 

It's a good question.

If the tiers are organized around how many points one team would likely beat another by if they played this week, then it's hard to see the relevance of past losses (especially if they were months ago).

I thought it wasn't supposed to be a whose-got-the-best-resume poll but a who-can-play-this-week poll. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pops said:

You whined and distorted in a way that was beneath the poster I know is all I’m saying

T-ball posts that dribble and we all just roll our eyes 

I’m disappointed that you did as it was nice to have a voice of reason from TX

It's not whining, but day by day we hear about MD this and MD that and I'm bringing perspective into their great season.   

17 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Every meaningful MD win, a lesser team accomplished the same:

STA>SJB

Central>BG

archbishop wood>BC

enjoy the state title game.

But MD did it better each time. 

Plus they beat an improved SJB team twice. 

And they beat MV.

Whose got a better case for the MNC this year, if we wanted to award one?

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You have a legit argument about SFA.  AHP has the same quality wins, with less losses than your Packers.  I will say that if the Pack can beat North Gwinett, then they have every right to be on the same tier as SFA and AHP.  Good luck!

REALLY?

AHP 14 Bishop Sullivan 7

Colquitt 38 Bishop Sullivan 7(and THIS was when Colquitt was still banged up and looking for an offensive identity early on) Keep in mind also, that this Packer squad is largley junior and sophomore dominated)

And Colquitt lost two games on virtually the last play of the game, to two top tier GHSA 7A playoff teams! One of which was #1 in the frickin STATE and Top Twenty Five in the country! They also beat the #1 6A team in the state!(their only loss until last Friday night) And YOU GUESSED IT, they lost to a SOWEGA team! A Coffee team who Colquitt beat 41-17 in the scrimmage that EVERYBODY was taking seriously! Because they USE to be in our REGION, until they decided to split their enrollment with a career academy! But you can bet your ass, ALL of their athletes are at COFFEE HIGH SCHOOL! And if the school name isn't familiar, it's the alma mater of one of the most exciting players in the National Football League, Tyreek Hill of KC! If you don't think that Colquitt plays a BAD ASS INstate schedule! You need to check the rosters of the Power Five, and the NFL! A BUNCHA those players have suited up for OUR opponents!

And I haven't even talked about the disrespect you have given Rome! Folks in Georgia are saying that North Gwinnett/Colquitt/Rome, would be a HELL of a STATE FINAL! Rome could very well win the state championship in your beloved INDIANA!

And I don't think that you folks from other areas, realize the accomplishments thus far, of the Colquitt County Packers! In the toughest league in the Southeast, if not the COUNTRY! They have gone on the road four weeks in a row, 200 plus miles one way, as a THREE seed, to play a #2, and three #1 seeds! Two of which were undefeated with some top tier skilled players! And most recently, Colquitt bitch slapped the opponent of their only REAL loss of the season, in a revenge beat down!(YES you guessed it, ON THE ROAD)

But keep disrespecting GHSA football, at your OWN PERIL! One of these days, one of your big time bad asses, is going to make the fatal mistake of PLAYING OUR lil powerhouses! And they'll find out what Kirk Herbstreit found out THREE TIMES, when he pitted a second stringer against Camden Co. and Buford, in his USA Challenge event! An ASS KICKING for three teams from Ohio and Tejas!!

17 hours ago, Horsefly said:

It's called competition, Allen has had close games before.  Nothing wrong with the state.  

This is the same SGP (similar record to this yr) program that beat ET in round 1 in 2015.  Remember that year?  That's when CA blessed us with the greatest HSFB show on earth.   Lol

It's true that CA doesn't have the playoff system that TX has.

And DLS shouldn't have been the USAT preseason no 1 in 2015. They had to replace most of their offensive line. And it was mistake to think (let alone post on here) that DLS was gonna run through Trinity in TX. I've got to the personal e-mails and text messages to prove that.

But keep in mind that it's hard to win OOS on the road. T-ball tells me that even the mighty Trojans have a losing record against top OOS opponents on the road.

And we both know that that same first-round loser beat that year's TX state champions by more points than they beat DLS. 

33 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

It's true that CA doesn't have the playoff system that TX has.

And DLS shouldn't have been the USAT preseason no 1 in 2015. They had to replace most of their offensive line. And it was mistake to think (let alone post on here) that DLS was gonna run through Trinity in TX. I've got to the personal e-mails and text messages to prove that.

But keep in mind that it's hard to win OOS on the road. T-ball tells me that even the mighty Trojans have a losing record against top OOS opponents on the road.

And we both know that that same first-round loser beat that year's TX state champions by more points than they beat DLS. 

That TX state champ had multiple losses besides ET.  

42 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

But MD did it better each time. 

Plus they beat an improved SJB team twice. 

And they beat MV.

Whose got a better case for the MNC this year, if we wanted to award one?

MD did it better than teams that have/had multiple losses and a few that lost out of their respective state playoffs 

58 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

It's a good question.

If the tiers are organized around how many points one team would likely beat another by if they played this week, then it's hard to see the relevance of past losses (especially if they were months ago).

I thought it wasn't supposed to be a whose-got-the-best-resume poll but a who-can-play-this-week poll. 

The problem here is that the lack of relevant OOS games makes it difficult to truly gauge the competition level in Georgia.  Same problem with the devil.  CQ lost to Brookwood and Tift.  For all we know those teams may not be any better than Pittsburg.

I think AHP is better vetted due to playing Top Florida competition.

IF CQ beats North Gwinett too, then they would earn the benefit of the doubt.

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

MD did it better than teams that have/had multiple losses and a few that lost out of their respective state playoffs 

What's your point?

Is there some other team in the country whose big wins didn't come against teams who lost inside or outside their own state playoffs?

It's a strange criterion you're appealing to here. 

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

What's your point?

Is there some other team in the country whose big wins didn't come against teams who lost inside or outside their own state playoffs?

It's a strange criterion you're appealing to here. 

He's grasping at straws at this point.  There is not a chance that anyone in Texas will concede that MD has a OIAG team in 2017, and would roll any team from Texas from any year.