Hey Gurus....Tell Me About Trinity Catholic St. Louis

Rufus69

5 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

^^This. If your goal is to play a national schedule and challenge your team, you politely decline this game. Let Trinity beat a Rockhurst (MO) or Bishop Miege (KS) before you entertain the money discussion. 

I still feel like this is a mistake... 

Trinity(MO?) 

An obsecure 2A Missouri school? 

That seems like an extreme to go through for a nobody school. Thats 3 states away. 

I feel like it may be Trinity out of Louisville. It is possible to get Louisville and St.Louis confused. 

• Haha 1

Here's an article about Trinity Catholic from earlier this year. Sounds like they are trying to ramp up their program:

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/small-school-giant-talent-start-of-a-football-dynasty-at-trinity-catholic/

Their QB is legit:

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Williams-93607

Several of their opponents forfeited/cancelled this year:

http://fox2now.com/2017/10/11/north-county-football-team-denied-a-third-of-its-season-due-to-opponent-forfeits/

Next year, the Class 2A Titans will play out of state and also face SLU High and Chaminade to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Here's an article about Trinity Catholic from earlier this year. Sounds like they are trying to ramp up their program:

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/small-school-giant-talent-start-of-a-football-dynasty-at-trinity-catholic/

Their QB is legit:

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Williams-93607

This has to be Fake News.  All the gurus on this board say so.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

This has to be Fake News.  All the gurus on this board say so.

Rufus>>

I don't doubt their building something. You don't call up a Colquitt unless you think you have something. That said, they are 30 minutes from East St. Louis. Call them up. My point is, for Trinity, Colquitt is a reach especially when you are less than 4 hours away from plenty of solid teams. For Colquitt, if you think '18 is your year, go searching for big game meat, not the young buck.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

It's generally better for a top team in GA to challenge themselves with established programs, not those from Missouri "trying to ramp up."

When have you ever gotten that impression? Their job security hinges on teams like this. For the money Colquitt throws around they could get any team from the Southeast to come in minutes. 

These GA teams like Buford, Lowndes, Grayson and Colquitt have plenty of money but choose to pick the worst teams they can find. Like I said. It's a rule enforced by the GHSA 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I don't doubt their building something. You don't call up a Colquitt unless you think you have something. That said, they are 30 minutes from East St. Louis. Call them up. My point is, for Trinity, Colquitt is a reach especially when you are less than 4 hours away from plenty of solid teams. For Colquitt, if you think '18 is your year, go searching for big game meat, not the young buck.

'18 is NOT their year! 2018-2022 is their year!

36 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

When have you ever gotten that impression? Their job security hinges on teams like this. For the money Colquitt throws around they could get any team from the Southeast to come in minutes. 

These GA teams like Buford, Lowndes, Grayson and Colquitt have plenty of money but choose to pick the worst teams they can find. Like I said. It's a rule enforced by the GHSA 

So, Top twenty five in Cali, and #1 in Virginia isn't good enough for YOU? It ain't OUR fault they faltered like Colquitt did!

40 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

WHY?

We're playing in the State Championship game.  How have we been negatively affected?

Rufus>>

Why play OOS teams at all then? I agree you are in the state championship, and have a damn good program. GA is a top high school football state, and to have one of the top teams playing an OOS team that no one has heard of does not positively affect the program, that's for sure. On a national high school board, you have to expect some backlash for accepting that type of opponent.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

Why play OOS teams at all then? I agree you are in the state championship, and have a damn good program. GA is a top high school football state, and to have one of the top teams playing an OOS team that no one has heard of does not positively affect the program, that's for sure. On a national high school board, you have to expect some backlash for accepting that type of opponent.

Max...I don't care about the backlash.  I honestly don't.  Everybody on here thinks they know all about high school football.  Colquitt puts its schedule together as a means to an end.  You say playing TC St. Louis doesn't positively affect our program.  I don't know whether it does or it doesn't.  And truthfully...neither do you.  They called us because they think they will have a GOOD competitive team next year.  I don't know any differently.  It would be foolish of me to think I know more about them than they do themselves.

Colquitt will play McEachern...Grayson and Warner Robins (they play for the State Cahmpionship tomorrow against Rome) next season.  We will also play Camden...Tift and Lowndes.  That sir...is 6 pretty strong teams. Rush knows what he's doing...whether the gurus like it or not....(Smile).

Rufus>> 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Max...I don't care about the backlash.  I honestly don't.  Everybody on here thinks they know all about high school football.  Colquitt puts its schedule together as a means to an end.  You say playing TC St. Louis doesn't positively affect our program.  I don't know whether it does or it doesn't.  And truthfully...neither do you.  They called us because they think they will have a GOOD competitive team next year.  I don't know any differently.  It would be foolish of me to think I know more about them than they do themselves.

Colquitt will play McEachern...Grayson and Warner Robins (they play for the State Cahmpionship tomorrow against Rome) next season.  We will also play Camden...Tift and Lowndes.  That sir...is 6 pretty strong teams. Rush knows what he's doing...whether the gurus like it or not....(Smile).

Rufus>> 

Fair enough. I'm not sure if Rush, knowing what he's doing and all, needed to leak out this particular opponent on next year's schedule at this time. Maybe waited until the day of the game next year to announce it?...(Smile)

21 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Nailed it.