Rufus69

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Inquiring minds wanna know !!!!

Just how bad of a team are they?

Are they Top 1000?

Be brutal......

Rufus>>

Well, I am a Guru...ask around.

Small Catholic school in St Louis. Plays in 2A in Missouri. Went 3 Rds in the 2A playoffs. They have 6 classes in Missouri.

Enrollment of 400 or so....

25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What's the deal with these little church schools trying to play big boys all the time. 

Looking at you Bishop Sullivan... and whatever this school is in this thread too.

I think the Catholics are trying to convert us.  I do believe Trinity Catholic (St. Louis) will be our 2nd game after McEachern in the Corky.   But as usual....people tend to back out on us right before the season starts.  So I suppose we'll see.

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Why would this game even be a thought?

If I had to pick out 10,000 teams for Colquitt to play they wouldn't even make the list truthfully.

You have to remember this is Colquitt and Georgia. So when you look at potential opponents for the top teams in the state, you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. 

If they are top 100 nationally, they won't play anyone in the top 5,000. It's actually a rule by the GHSA 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Seems mighty early to be lining stuff up for 2018.

Well...it's a lot tougher since the GHSA restructured the Regions.  Colquitt is in a 4 team Region.  That leaves 6 non-region games we have to schedule each year.  Believe you me...it's tough.

46 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I think the Catholics are trying to convert us.  I do believe Trinity Catholic (St. Louis) will be our 2nd game after McEachern in the Corky.   But as usual....people tend to back out on us right before the season starts.  So I suppose we'll see.

Rufus>>

I guess The one from Kentucky didn't work out. Rush said they were talking to them.

32 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

I guess The one from Kentucky didn't work out. Rush said they were talking to them.

I was told St. Louis....but hey that could be misinformation.  Whichever one it is...called us.  And we supposedly made the money balance.  I don't care which one it is...as long as we line up and play Packer football.

UPDATE:  My source says....St. Louis Missouri.

Rufus>>

51 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...it's a lot tougher since the GHSA restructured the Regions.  Colquitt is in a 4 team Region.  That leaves 6 non-region games we have to schedule each year.  Believe you me...it's tough.

The same thing happened with Louisville Trinity...The KHSAA created a Super District with Male, Manual, St X and Trinity about ten years ago that lasted for like seven years, and ZERO Kentucky Teams would play Trinity till they had too...Of course that came during the playoffs...That's why The Rocks were playing six OOS Games a year during that span...And yes, that 2011 MNC Year was one of those years!!!

B|

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I was told St. Louis....but hey that could be misinformation.  Whichever one it is...called us.  And we supposedly made the money balance.  I don't care which one it is...as long as we line up and play Packer football.

UPDATE:  My source says....St. Louis Missouri.

Rufus>>

Yea, he was talking about an away game. But a home game is all the better.

My understanding....

We travel to the Corky (metro ATL)......McEachern

We travel to Grayson (metro ATL)

We travel to Warner Robins (metro Macon).....The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

We travel to Tift (metro Moultrie)

We play in the Hawg Pen against....

Trinity Catholic (St. Louis)

Pebblebrook (metro ATL)

Valdosta (metro Morven)

Alcovy (metro ATL)

Camden (metro Brunswick)

Lowndes (metro Valdosta)

Subject to change before mid-August 2018....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Beat a bunch of nobodies badly...

Somehow got to the Quarterfinals only playing 10 games at 9-1.. Lost to Lutheran North 48-46, who lost to Lamar in the Semis 7-6, Lamar would win the MO D2 State Title 37-20 over Lafayette Co...

So I suppose if you look at the very bright side ... They are only 3 points worse than the D2 State Champs... Thats something I guess....?? 

Jesus... 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

What is the sick obsession with Colquitt playing these garbage nobody church schools?

I swear this coward tactic is only used in Georgia. You will rarely see this is any other state, and you will see it by the boatloads every year in GA

Except it was Cocoa's fault that Holy Trinity was ever on the schedule. 

But I do hope this game doesnt happen

53 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Sometimes a polite, "No, thank you" makes a ton of sense. Otherwise, your date may end up looking like this...

Image result for ugly prom date

^^This. If your goal is to play a national schedule and challenge your team, you politely decline this game. Let Trinity beat a Rockhurst (MO) or Bishop Miege (KS) before you entertain the money discussion. 

• Thanks 1