Pittsburg vs. Narbonne 21-28 F

Belly Bob

1 minute ago, Gospeeder said:

Whether one thinks SD and the City Section is So Cal or not... this game is a joke. Narbonne has no business in it and Pittsburg??? Other than the Open ( which some can also question ), our playoffs are dysfunctional at best 

Agreed. Pittsburg isn't even a champion. It should be champs only.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

They didn't have open back then. But that would have been it. It counts. Harry Welch and Canyon 

That’s what I said

DLS beat CC next year in last D1 game pre Open 

so record 8-3 in favor of NorCal 

MD could lift socal winning to 33%

but a Norther has moved in.....

(ominous piano music)

12 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

our playoffs are dysfunctional at best 

I agree! Especially Nor Cal. Someone in the know, please explain this? Pitt gets selected for the NCS open bracket, Liberty (in Pitts league) gets selected for the NCS D1 bracket. Pitt makes it to the NCS Open championship game and loses to DLS. Liberty makes it to the NCS D1 championship game and wins. Liberty (D1 winner) doesn’t get selected for the Nor Cal D1 regional game and stays home. Pitt (Open LOSER) is selected for the D1 regional game, wins that game and now is in the state game. Pitt did beat Liberty in the regular season but this is the playoffs. You have a loser advancing and a winner staying home. Don’t understand the reasoning!!

1 minute ago, DLS350 said:

I agree! Especially Nor Cal. Someone in the know, please explain this? Pitt gets selected for the NCS open bracket, Liberty (in Pitts league) gets selected for the NCS D1 bracket. Pitt makes it to the NCS Open championship game and loses to DLS. Liberty makes it to the NCS D1 championship game and wins. Liberty (D1 winner) doesn’t get selected for the Nor Cal D1 regional game and stays home. Pitt (Open LOSER) is selected for the D1 regional game, wins that game and now is in the state game. Pitts did beat Liberty in the regular season but this is the playoffs. You have a loser advancing and a winner staying home. Don’t understand the reasoning!!

The same kind of reasoning that the CFP Committee used to select Alabama over OSU, I guess. 

16 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

I agree! Especially Nor Cal. Someone in the know, please explain this? Pitt gets selected for the NCS open bracket, Liberty (in Pitts league) gets selected for the NCS D1 bracket. Pitt makes it to the NCS Open championship game and loses to DLS. Liberty makes it to the NCS D1 championship game and wins. Liberty (D1 winner) doesn’t get selected for the Nor Cal D1 regional game and stays home. Pitt (Open LOSER) is selected for the D1 regional game, wins that game and now is in the state game. Pitt did beat Liberty in the regular season but this is the playoffs. You have a loser advancing and a winner staying home. Don’t understand the reasoning!!

I read this 5 times... 

Its not you but this makes no sense... wtf are y'all doing? 

17 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

If a section has an open (their choice) they may (again, their choice) send the open runner up as a SBG replacement for their D1 team

CIF rules

or someone correct me

i believe NCS, CCS, and SDS have Opens