Grayson,GA looking for games

Nolebull813

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

On most occasions this season I've showered CQ with much love and kudos. Ive sided with them on many occasions when it came to OOS topics. 

PGL is a labor of love of mine. It's a free service. Whether I work or not with CQ or MD is meaningless to me short or long term. They're free to pursue and book their own games if they like. To each their own.

I think it's important for everyone to be kept abreast of how these games are pitched, formulated and ultimately secured and booked. It's a sector of the game that many seem interested about. IMO you're being very sensitive for a guy who's very much known to be of the happy and go-lucky ilk. Please take a chill pill, relax and enjoy your holiday season. None of this is worth any pain or angst from your end. 

No pain from me. Just pointing out the obvious. Maybe even trying to help you out when it comes to landing a big fish with your labor of love. 

I agree that this season you have done that. This season. Memories last longer than one season though. Like I said, I can appreciate what you are trying to do. I like the concept. I hope that it really does turn out some great match ups. I really do. 

I'm half way screwing with you most of the time, but it does seem like you enjoy dumping on Colquitt and Rush as it pertains to your labor of love. Maybe because it's the hip thing to do on here or whatever. Maybe just because it's a favorite pass time. I can appreciate good message board fodder with the best of 'em. 

Don't let me cramp your style. Carry on. :D

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No pain from me. Just pointing out the obvious. Maybe even trying to help you out when it comes to landing a big fish with your labor of love. 

I agree that this season you have done that. This season. Memories last longer than one season though. Like I said, I can appreciate what you are trying to do. I like the concept. I hope that it really does turn out some great match ups. I really do. 

I'm half way screwing with you most of the time, but it does seem like you enjoy dumping on Colquitt and Rush as it pertains to your labor of love. Maybe because it's the hip thing to do on here or whatever. Maybe just because it's a favorite pass time. I can appreciate good message board fodder with the best of 'em. 

Don't let me cramp your style. Carry on. :D

Well at least colquitt tries to find a elite Florida team every now and then unlike another GA team 

(Cough)

Lowndes 

(Cough) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

REALLY? They BARELY beat Roswell in OT, with a four county all star team! And if we can find a competent coach! Ain't NOBODY beating Colquitt in 2018!

Rab you know Roswell and Grayson were damn near equals. You had to know that that game was gonna be a tough one. Hell, roswell had just as much talent as Grayson did.

25 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Both of those teams look like img compared to some of the oos teams lowndes plays 😂 

At least the ones they play out of sunshine state

Speaking of georgia and florida football, what's your take on this statement (via twitter): "Georgia plays good football and has better 'programs' because of resources, but there's no arguing Florida is king when it comes to football." 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Speaking of georgia and florida football, what's your take on this statement (via twitter): "Georgia plays good football and has better 'programs' because of resources, but there's no arguing Florida is king when it comes to football." 

When you look at the amount of talent in FL and see how many college and pro players that come from FL it's hard to argue 

While i do agree Georgia overall has better support/programs as well as overall better coaching it's hard to say FL isn't the most talented football state in America 

Question is how do you judge the football of a state? Is it based on the programs themselves or is it based on talent? 

FL can't compete with a state like Texas in resources and from what i can tell GA is taking a similar approach to Texas (build the programs up by pumping resources into it) FL could do far better but administration support in Florida is pitiful, not just football but the entire athletic and academic system in the state 

If FL had the support that Texas or Georgia have put into their athletic programs their wouldn't be any doubt who the best state is

Just now, Columbiafan said:

When you look at the amount of talent in FL and see how many college and pro players that come from FL it's hard to argue 

While i do agree Georgia overall has better support/programs as well as overall better coaching it's hard to say FL isn't the most talented football state in America 

Question is how do you judge the football of a state? Is it based on the programs themselves or is it based on talent? 

FL can't compete with a state like Texas in resources and from what i can tell GA is taking a similar approach to Texas (build the programs up by pumping resources into it) FL could do far better but administration support in Florida is pitiful, not just football but the entire athletic and academic system in the state 

If FL had the support that Texas or Georgia have put into their athletic programs their wouldn't be any doubt who the best state is

Why don't program supporters funnel money into the programs instead of relying on the school districts to do it? Tax dollars have to be distributed fairly and proportionately, and as Florida doesn't have state income tax, the schools suffer to an extent for funding. There is no shortage of money in Florida though. Get out there and find the right ones that are alumni or whatever, and set up support programs. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Why don't program supporters funnel money into the programs instead of relying on the school districts to do it? Tax dollars have to be distributed fairly and proportionately, and as Florida doesn't have state income tax, the schools suffer to an extent for funding. There is no shortage of money in Florida though. Get out there and find the right ones that are alumni or whatever, and set up support programs. 

For same reason our attendance sucks outside of a few good teams throughout the state 

A lot of people don't buy into the athletic programs unless you a long time program with a strong alumni base 

And believe me if i knew any rich alumni i would have encouraged them to support our program by now lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Rab you know Roswell and Grayson were damn near equals. You had to know that that game was gonna be a tough one. Hell, roswell had just as much talent as Grayson did.

You know as well as I do that Rab trashes anything not Colquitt given the chance.  No one pays any attention to him or what he spews.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You just had too... didnt you? 

How about we talk about DLS and those fluke National titles during that 7 year streak... 

33 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

Yes, yes I did.

My ring still fits snug as a bug in a rug.  

We can talk about that.

xD

The banners in the gym and the trophies in the main office look really nice too

so too does this nice record they now keep on the inter webs  check it out:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Football_National_Championship

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

A little bit of both. One reason why I tend to favor the publics over the privates is because of what they have to go through in order to become great. Florida, South Florida in particular, is arguably the greatest region in America when it comes to producing football players, but Georgia's programs and talent MAY give us the upperhand on florida as a whole. One thing that helps out florida from a national perspective is the private powers (STA, AHP, Trinity Christian), so that may be why people prefer florida hsfb over georgia hsfb. 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

A little bit of both. One reason why I tend to favor the publics over the privates is because of what they have to go through in order to become great. Florida, South Florida in particular, is arguably the greatest region in America when it comes to producing football players, but Georgia's programs and talent MAY give us the upperhand on florida as a whole. One thing that helps out florida from a national perspective is the private powers (STA, AHP, Trinity Christian), so that may be why people prefer florida hsfb over georgia hsfb. 

South FL carries the state... 

North FL has been proven to be barely on par with South GA outside of a select few...