Is It Ever OK To Be Just Playin' Like This?

HawgGoneIt

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kentucky-assistant-police-chief-fired-racist-messages-52503380

Kentucky assistant police chief fired for racist messages

• By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
  •  
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Jan 21, 2018, 2:11 PM ET

Court documents have revealed what ended the 25-year law enforcement career of an assistant police chief in the Louisville suburb of Prospect, Kentucky.

Media outlets report that acting Chief Todd Shaw sent what Jefferson County Attorney Mike O'Connell calls "highly disturbing racist and threatening Facebook messages" to a Louisville police recruit who had sought his advice. Among other things, Shaw advised the recruit to shoot black kids caught smoking marijuana, and then sexually assault their parents.

Shaw's lawyer, Michael Burns, says he was just "playing" with these and other messages.

"Mr. Shaw held a distinguished career in law enforcement for nearly 30 years," Burns said. "Throughout his career, he treated all people fairly and respectfully regardless of their race."

In another message, Shaw, who is white, disparaged the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., calling him a racist womanizer, and saying "because someone shot him, I get a day off with pay each year."

Shaw resigned in November after his boss presented him with the messages. O'Connell said Shaw sent the private Facebook messages in September and October 2016.

A judge ordered the evidence released last week. Media outlets had requested the messages under the state Open Records Act. Shaw had sought to keep them secret.

Prospect Mayor John Evans said "the city finds the content of the messages to be abhorrent, disgusting and reprehensible."

Shaw spent five years with Prospect police and worked for more than 20 years with the Louisville Metro Police Department. The messages were found during a separate investigation into allegations of sex abuse in a Louisville police mentoring program. Two other former Louisville police officers have been charged in that case.

Louisville Police Chief Steve Conrad said he was disgusted by Shaw's messages and that "any person who holds these thoughts has no business ever donning a uniform and representing those who have sworn to serve every member of every community.

"These actions spit in the face of the determined effort hundreds of thousands of law enforcement officers put forth to build trust and legitimacy in the communities they serve," the chief said.

It seems he was just jokin' around. His freedom of speech is probably being violated according to some. These were private messages, and should never have been made public according to his legal team. 

Shaw's lawyer, Michael Burns, says he was just "playing" with these and other messages.

image.jpeg.7efe9f8c9ad2a5444c6d3ce373a64845.jpeg

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kentucky-assistant-police-chief-fired-racist-messages-52503380

Kentucky assistant police chief fired for racist messages

• By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
  •  
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Jan 21, 2018, 2:11 PM ET

Court documents have revealed what ended the 25-year law enforcement career of an assistant police chief in the Louisville suburb of Prospect, Kentucky.

Media outlets report that acting Chief Todd Shaw sent what Jefferson County Attorney Mike O'Connell calls "highly disturbing racist and threatening Facebook messages" to a Louisville police recruit who had sought his advice. Among other things, Shaw advised the recruit to shoot black kids caught smoking marijuana, and then sexually assault their parents.

"Mr. Shaw held a distinguished career in law enforcement for nearly 30 years," Burns said. "Throughout his career, he treated all people fairly and respectfully regardless of their race."

In another message, Shaw, who is white, disparaged the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., calling him a racist womanizer, and saying "because someone shot him, I get a day off with pay each year."

Shaw resigned in November after his boss presented him with the messages. O'Connell said Shaw sent the private Facebook messages in September and October 2016.

A judge ordered the evidence released last week. Media outlets had requested the messages under the state Open Records Act. Shaw had sought to keep them secret.

Prospect Mayor John Evans said "the city finds the content of the messages to be abhorrent, disgusting and reprehensible."

Shaw spent five years with Prospect police and worked for more than 20 years with the Louisville Metro Police Department. The messages were found during a separate investigation into allegations of sex abuse in a Louisville police mentoring program. Two other former Louisville police officers have been charged in that case.

Louisville Police Chief Steve Conrad said he was disgusted by Shaw's messages and that "any person who holds these thoughts has no business ever donning a uniform and representing those who have sworn to serve every member of every community.

"These actions spit in the face of the determined effort hundreds of thousands of law enforcement officers put forth to build trust and legitimacy in the communities they serve," the chief said.

Asshole comes in all shapes and sizes and colors

7 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

It's why I don't trust people from Kentucky...or east of the Mississippi for that matter.

I can get with that sentiment. There are a lot of good folks that aren't like that officer, but, there are a lot that probably are as well.  

Behind closed doors, in private messages or private gatherings where they all flock together, there are probably a lot more than we care to think or know.

It's these that are hiding in plain sight, that are in positions of authority that are the most dangerous though. 

If it wasn't for guys like this one being more numerous than we want to believe, there wouldn't be as much need for the "Back the Blue" movement also.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I can get with that sentiment. There are a lot of good folks that aren't like that officer, but, there are a lot that probably are as well.  

Behind closed doors, in private messages or private gatherings where they all flock together, there are probably a lot more than we care to think or know.

It's these that are hiding in plain sight, that are in positions of authority that are the most dangerous though. 

If it wasn't for guys like this one being more numerous than we want to believe, there wouldn't be as much need for the "Back the Blue" movement also.

My statement was not serious. It was aimed more at the other thread about why someone doesn't trust "white people." Hell, I'm from Kentucky. So there's at least ONE trustworthy person from there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Is no media coverage to speak of, no Jesse, no Rev Al, no naacp, no black caucus, no Keith Ellison and most NO FUCKING LIBERAL DEMS?????????

What the hell are you rambling about?  You aren't winning points by going off on unrelated tangents like this.  This is why your opinions are so easily dismissed, you routinely show the inability to address a topic independently   

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Gives context to your post and diminishes its significance in terms of black leaders commenting or protesting..

There's nothing dismissive about a police asst chief making remarks that are discriminatory.  The remarks should be taken on their face value.  A person in authority made a comment that was grossly inappropriate.  Nothing you stated diminishes that.  

Protesters don't have to be present in every nook and cranny to bring attention to something. 

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

There's nothing dismissive about a police asst chief making remarks that are discriminatory.  The remarks should be taken on their face value.  A person in authority made a comment that was grossly inappropriate.  Nothing you stated diminishes that.  

Protesters don't have to be present in every nook and cranny to bring attention to something. 

And people wonder why Shi+ gets burned up.  They only see the fire ignoring the hell out of the propellant.  Just makes you say damn did I just read that. 

I am gonna have to put this in my pocket and on all my Shirts:  Thanks Token:   

jesse.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

And people wonder why Shi+ gets burned up.  They only see the fire ignoring the hell out of the propellant.  Just makes you say damn did I just read that. 

I am gonna have to put this in my pocket and on all my Shirts:  Thanks Token:   

jesse.png

Im not even gonna lie I didnt know who Al sharpton or Jesse Jackson where until after Obama left office... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Im not even gonna lie I didnt know who Al sharpton or Jesse Jackson where until after Obama left office... 

Don't worry most black kids under 35 don't know who they are either.  But many older whites as you can see think they are the spokespeople for black Americans.  I saw a video where some young black men in Baltimore told Al Sharpton to get the hell out of there.  They didn't want him around telling them to be submissive. Al and Jesse take money from Corporations to keep you in compliance and be submissive.  A long history of using Black Preachers in this capacity. They should be celebrated by those calling them race baiters 9_9. I will assure you black people don't see those two as any type of saber rattling militants.  Al Sharpton was an FBI informant ¬¬  Young African American's don't fall for that old appeasement B.S. any longer.  I don't have disdain for Rev. Sharpton or Rev Jackson.  They do what they do and have done many great things and have faults as others. 

Actually it's good that others have this false impression.

This  young generation are not listening to Al.

LMAO:  He snitched on black people and have been confronted about this.  Let them keep up the Charade that he is your Leader and motivator.

What' really sad is straight out of the WIllie Lynch Letter of 1712 and his instructions.  This is a story about a racist Cop talking about Murdering black people and as per the instructions in his letter in that no matter what we do to them make them out to be the cause of any injustice toward them and they must love you:  You get Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson responses as if they are the reason for this damn Cop being unhinged.  Read the letter and you will see why this type of sickness pervades this Nation.  You don't even know why you immediately respond with such damn nonsense.  It's as if a black cop says he wants to shoot white Kids and I bring up Pat Buchanan and Sean Hannity.  Just Damn stupid.  

The pretext is hate Jesse and Al they are trouble making race baiters,  but the Cop well you know.

We must hammer this message like Willie Lynch did his message: 9_9

Image result for AL SHARPTON EMPEROR OF BLACK PEOPLE

• Like 1