King Cake and 2018 State of the Union Address tonight.

RedZone

7 hours ago, concha said:

No, the post was March. Now is a year in, dumbass.

LMAO...

This is your response to my mashup of posts that I quoted from 2017.

8 hours ago, concha said:

And the last one I listed good news. And a year in it's very good news.

Either you're incredibly inarticulate or you are confused.

13 minutes ago, concha said:

You are such an intellectually dishonest sack of crap.

Contrary to your archived quotes exposing your lying agenda and craven dishonesty.

Unemployment goes down = Obama has nothing to do with it

Unemployment does down = Trump turned things around quickly!

Unemployment goes up = people are looking for work again!

3 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

This is your response to my mashup of posts that I quoted from 2017.

Either you're incredibly inarticulate or you are confused.

Or you are stupid and/or purposefully obtuse.

I'll go with those seeing as you are so knowledgeable that you can't even recognize UK economic data titled "UK" versus US data. Twice. The second time after already having your dumbass error pointed out to you.

15 minutes ago, concha said:

All that means is that the unemployment numbers on those months would have been worse had the LFPR rate not dropped.

It means that the LFPR rate was going down independent of those factors.

In fact, as has been demonstrated repeatedly, it had been going down since 2000. Then it actually "stabilized" in 2013 (according to you) which would be the middle of Obama's term.

So you blamed him for something that predated his term by many years and then you continued to blame him even though you yourself said it stabilized in the middle of his term.

The average person reading this can easily see your track record of lies. 

8 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Now we get to the real dishonesty that you've displayed in the past. The craven opportunism and willingness to lie to sell your agenda.

Blaming Obama explicitly for the rate going gown despite all rational analysis to the contrary.

The rate started falling in 2000 and actually stopped falling in the middle of Obama's term.

But concha claims, fantastically, that Obama caused it to plummet (without any evidence) and then gets caught in a lie about when it ended.

Is concha capable of even a moment of honesty?

This where YOU lie.

Pointing out the effect of the dropping LFPR is not "blaming". It is simple fact. Data.

This is your MO, twisting and distorting in order to call your opponent a liar.

You are exposed.

And demonstrably ignorant and stupid.

All day......

4 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

It means that the LFPR rate was going down independent of those factors.

In fact, as has been demonstrated repeatedly, it had been going down since 2000. Then it actually "stabilized" in 2013 (according to you) which would be the middle of Obama's term.

So you blamed him for something that predated his term by many years and then you continued to blame him even though you yourself said it stabilized in the middle of his term.

The average person reading this can easily see your track record of lies. 

And the lies and distortions continue from Canes.

What "factors"? You mentioned none. All you do is show your ignorance.

The impact of the LFPR on unemployment is MATH. Take a class. xD

And the reduction in the 8 prior to Obama was ~1% in 8 years. It then dropped ~3x that under Obama.  My HONEST graph showed what your DISHONESTLY cropped graph does not.

All day.....

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

That's the plan. Wife bought this huge King Cake this afternoon. Going to get into it.

I'm going to eat a couple pieces, down a couple cups of coffee and listen to how great we are doing and how great trump is from trump. I really hope the man can help himself a little. 9_9

This ain't the cake, but you get the idea.

King-Cake-with-Beads.jpg

Does King Cake have a little toy king in it somewhere? Is it good luck or something if your piece of cake has the miniature king in it? Sorry if this has already been answered by Canes or Concha, but I haven't read all the posts in this thread.

13 minutes ago, concha said:

Most of the decline has been prime working age folks age 25-54.

I remember your lie now after looking at the chart. I remember this debunking very specifically.

You lied about the age group with the greatest decline. Ages 25-54 saw a minor decrease since 1996.

But 16-24 saw the largest percentage decrease.

Because, as some people might know, the LFPR counts every civilian from 16 to infinity.

2018_01_31_8_28_24.png

concha flip flops as much as trump....nothing else to see here.

The ‘phony’ employment numbers

During the campaign, Trump often questioned the accuracy of the employment numbers published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. While the official unemployment rate was about 5 percent, Trump claimed it was really 22 percent or even as high as 42 percent. In a speech to the Economic Club of Detroit on Aug. 8, Trump said the unemployment rate was “one of the biggest hoaxes in modern American politics.” On many other occasions, he derided the figures calculated by career economists as “phony.”

Indeed, this was not just a position he held during the campaign, but something he had expressed forcefully on Twitter for years.

7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday.Real unemployment is at least 15%

•  

But all of that seemed to be forgotten once the jobs report of the first full month under Trump was released on March 10. Trump quickly retweeted a Drudge Report headline:

(Our colleague Philip Bump took a nice look at how the recent BLS numbers could be interpreted under the criteria that Trump used in the campaign.)

White House press secretary Sean Spicer was asked about this contradiction at a news briefing after the report’s release. His response: “I talked to the president prior to this and he said to quote him very clearly. They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now.”

11 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Does King Cake have a little toy king in it somewhere? Is it good luck or something if your piece of cake has the miniature king in it? Sorry if this has already been answered by Canes or Concha, but I haven't read all the posts in this thread.

Yeah, a little toy baby....if you get the baby in your piece of cake you have to buy the next King Cake. Suppose to anyways.

Some think it means good luck or you might become pregnant........

9236900-large.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, concha said:

Pointing out the effect of the dropping LFPR is not "blaming". It is simple fact. Data.

Labor Participation Rate in 2014 = 62.8%

You claimed that people were leaving the workforce in droves.

But on July 15, 2017 you said this:

On 7/15/2017 at 12:15 PM, concha said:

The U6 actually went up from 8.4% in May despite non-farm payroll being up by 222k. Why?  People are actually starting to look for jobs again.

The Labor Participation Rate on July 15, 2017 was?

62.8%

United States Labor Force Participation Rate

24 minutes ago, concha said:

.This is your MO, twisting and distorting in order to call your opponent a liar.

So far in just the last two days you've lied about:

• Trump's position on legal immigration
  • Whether the unemployment rate was relevant
  • Whether the unemployment rate could be affected by a President
  • Whether Labor Participation Rate stabilized under Obama
  • Which age group saw the largest decline in Labor Participation Rate

22 minutes ago, concha said:

What "factors"? You mentioned none. All you do is show your ignorance.

Overall economic health.

Unemployment rate.

Didn't matter.

LFPR declined from 2000 to 2013 independent of President, Congress, economic factors, etc.

But just because of that lead-pipe fact, it didn't stop you from lying about it.

29 minutes ago, concha said:

The impact of the LFPR on unemployment is MATH. Take a class. xD

concha, stop lying and pay attention for one second.

When the LFPR was 62.8% in 2014, you didn't use it to soften the blow for Obama when the unemployment rate ticked up.

But when it was 62.8% in July last year, you used it to soften the blow for Trump when the unemployment rate ticked up.

You're lying, concha.

You're a deceitful hack.

Everybody can see your game.

6 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

concha, you've lied about this before and were exposed on the age range. I believe on this very forum.

No. Wrong.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU01300060

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS11324230

LFPR went down sharply for the 25-54 demographic.

LFPR actually INCREASED post 2008 for 55 and over demographic.

DOWN GOES CANES (AGAIN)

All day....