Is our Constitution killing our children?

RedZone

13 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Not that there aren't car/truck killings in the US, but this list certainly has an international flair to it. Now with gun killings, the list would have much greater US representation. Do these auto tragedies together equal the number of victims killed in the US by guns?

those international car crimes for the most part are in nations that have already have taken guns from there citizens, bad guys use cars and not guns.

gun and traffic deaths in the US are about the same...Traffic deaths are much much higher if you take out suicides

17 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

those international car crimes for the most part are in nations that have already have taken guns from there citizens, bad guys use cars and not guns.

gun and traffic deaths in the US are about the same...Traffic deaths are much much higher if you take out suicides

Are you saying the killings in brutal, intentional auto attacks around the world are greater than the brutal, intentional gun killings in the US? Or are you saying that car accidents in general kill more people than guns, if you subtract suicides?

Although it is horrible for people to have been murdered by vehicles around the world, there doesn't seem to be the same number of victims murdered by a rogue driver plowing into a crowd as those murdered by guns, in mass shootings. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

it doesn't seem to have the same number of victims as those murdered by guns, in mass shootings. 

He's just another guy all over the map hoping something sticks that justifies what's been going on in this country the last several months.

I just do NOT get it or get these people. Different tribe all together.

Anyways, they will stick these 17 in the ground and people will mourn like all the others.....next month might be 28 at Mater Dei, who knows.

Fast Eddy will bring up car bombs, drunks, whatever..........

Just now, maxchoboian said:

Are you saying the killings in brutal, intentional auto attacks around the world are greater than the brutal, intentional gun killings in the US? Or are you saying that car accidents in general kill more people than guns, if you subtract suicides?

Although it is horrible for people to have been murdered by vehicles around the world, it doesn't seem to have the same number of victims as those murders by guns. 

deaths from "guns' and "cars" about the same. Dude to technology updates in safety car deaths are way down in 1994. But that being said the vast majority of gun deaths are either suicide or accidents. murder is only about 30% of all gun deaths. 80% of gun deaths are committed using hand guns not a AR-15.

it's all bad but the point is why just stop at the AR-15? how about hand guns? and if we get rid of guns why not cars?

16 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Although it is horrible for people to have been murdered by vehicles around the world, there doesn't seem to be the same number of victims murdered by a rogue driver plowing into a crowd as those murdered by guns, in mass shootings. 

This is the MO. Immediately flip the script to something else. Rather than answering the question posed initially, we get, do some legwork and amend the constitution, cars kill people too, someone stabbed someone else today and that type of shit.

The president's go to, was the same MO as he has used vs. every other victim in his life. Blame them. He literally blamed the kids at that high school for them getting shot up. 

Pretty sad group of folks in all honesty. Including the president. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

He's just another guy all over the map hoping something sticks that justifies what's been going on in this country the last several months.

I just do NOT get it or get these people. Different tribe all together.

Anyways, they will stick these 17 in the ground and people will mourn like all the others.....next month might be 28 at Mater Dei, who knows.

Fast Eddy will bring up car bombs, drunks, whatever..........

not part of a tribe, although my grandmother was Mayan...

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is the MO. Immediately flip the script to something else. Rather than answering the question posed initially, we get, do some legwork and amend the constitution, cars kill people too, someone stabbed someone else today and that type of shit.

The president's go to, was the same MO as he has used vs. every other victim in his life. Blame them. He literally blamed the kids at that high school for them getting shot up. 

Pretty sad group of folks in all honesty. Including the president. 

what policy would you enact and how would it work in the real world? and how would it stand up in court without violating the 2nd amendment? for the record, i don't own a gun and have shot a gun since i was 12.

7 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

deaths from "guns' and "cars" about the same. Dude to technology updates in safety car deaths are way down in 1994. But that being said the vast majority of gun deaths are either suicide or accidents. murder is only about 30% of all gun deaths. 80% of gun deaths are committed using hand guns not a AR-15.

it's all bad but the point is why just stop at the AR-15? how about hand guns? and if we get rid of guns why not cars?

Why not give you a mental faculties test and make you provide a background along with references from people that have known you for at least 3 to 5 years saying they would feel safe if you were a gun owner? 

You have to jump through hoops to get a license to drive an automobile but not to buy a long rifle or shotgun. You can lose your right to drive a car if you get a dui, or speed excessively etc., but not true with a gun. Etc. Common sense stuff. 

Not comparing gun deaths top car deaths. That is not common sense stuff. Get real. 

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

what policy would you enact and how would it work in the real world? and how would it stand up in court without violating the 2nd amendment? for the record, i don't own a gun and have shot a gun since i was 12.

See my prior post about notarized references from people that have known a potential gun purchaser for several years, mental faculties tests etc. 

Common sense stuff. 

As far as standing up in court...

The same way that disallowing me to own a fully auto gun has withstood constitutional scrutiny. The same way not allowing me to have a nuclear warhead or etc. has withstood constitutional scrutiny. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zulu1128 said:

Classic Chipmunk.  xD

1. Start yet another dumb thread.

B. Deflect/put words in people’s mouth who give answers you don’t like. 

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. 

What's dumb about it? If you can stop laughing, dave lee. I know another school shooting is funny to your tribe. 

You've brought nothing but the emoticon as usual.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

See my prior post about notarized references from people that have known a potential gun purchaser for several years, mental faculties tests etc. 

Common sense stuff. 

As far as standing up in court...

The same way that disallowing me to own a fully auto gun has withstood constitutional scrutiny. The same way not allowing me to have a nuclear warhead or etc. has withstood constitutional scrutiny. 

i agree with background checks and would be okay with having people take gun safety class before buy guns. but this thread is about outlawing the AR-15. Don't see the point of outlawing that gun without outlawing all hand guns (80% of gun deaths) and cars (just as many deaths as guns) too. Common sense stuff. 

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

What's dumb about it? If you can stop laughing, dave lee. I know another school shooting is funny to your tribe. 

You've brought nothing but the emoticon as usual.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat

See above. 

If you honestly think the constitution is “killing children,” then change it. All it takes is a little work.

Or,  just keep starting dumb threads on the internets. That seems to be working well. 

11 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Patently false. 

How so? 

If someone gets charged with domestic violence (non-felony) do the storm troopers come to their house and take their shotgun? Nope. 

As a matter of fact, even if you get charged with a felony they don't come and take your gun. They just tell you that you can't legally have one anymore or buy a new one. 

So, it's not patently false. They take your license when you get convicted of DUI or get too many points for speeding etc.

2 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

i agree with background checks and would be okay with having people take gun safety class before buy guns. but this thread is about outlawing the AR-15. Don't see the point of outlawing that gun without outlawing all hand guns (80% of gun deaths) and cars (just as many deaths as guns) too. Common sense stuff. 

This thread was asking a simple question. You loonies turned it into an outlaw the AR-15 thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

felons in the US lose their right to a gun

SO?! 

Do the cops come and take the ones you have? What about the guns they don't even require you to get a permit for? You know, the ones they have no idea that you have. 

If a guy beats his wife, and gets charged with simple battery, he is a violent person. They don't take his gun for that. They don't even take his right to buy one for that. But, if you get caught with over an ounce of weed, they take your right to own a firearm away, but, they still don't come and take them. 

12 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

All it takes is a little work.

It's easier and much less work just to buy an AR-15, dave lee. How many of your tribe do you think I could take out before you "get" me?

Any 18-year-old can purchase an AR-15 with a 3 minute background check. Seems reasonable and I'm pretty sure that's what the drafters had in mind. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

SO?! 

Do the cops come and take the ones you have? What about the guns they don't even require you to get a permit for? You know, the ones they have no idea that you have. 

If a guy beats his wife, and gets charged with simple battery, he is a violent person. They don't take his gun for that. They don't even take his right to buy one for that. But, if you get caught with over an ounce of weed, they take your right to own a firearm away, but, they still don't come and take them. 

Every felon should have their guns take away by the cops.