Is our Constitution killing our children?

RedZone

19 minutes ago, concha said:

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/facts-about-gun-shows

FYI, I've bought online before.  You are required to have the gun shipped to an FFL and complete the background check process there.

The vast majority of guns sales are through FFLs.  Almost every seller at a gun show will be an FFL.  They will not sell to you without a check.

The famous "loophole" is for a tiny minority of sales by non-dealers, such as a guy selling a shotgun he wants to get rid of to a neighbor.  It is a huge canard that keeps gun control folks frothing at the mouth.

Taken from your very own link, there is still the loophole, it remains there. A person can claim to be selling a collection or whatever and not be a registered dealer and sell firearms to who the hell ever they want. 

Similarly, if a gun collector dies and his widow wants to sell the guns, she does not need a federal firearms license because she is just selling off inherited property and is not “engaged in the business.” And if the widow doesn’t want to sell her deceased husband’s guns by taking out a classified ad in the newspaper, it is lawful for her to rent a table at a gun show and sell the entire collection.

7 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

The history of 2A cases decided by SCOTUS says otherwise, but best of luck. 

Still not answering my question. 

I know the history. That is beside the point though. The SCOTUS is more than willing to uphold infringing on a felon's second amendment right, and to infringe on my right to a fully auto or nuclear warhead. 

Where there is a will, there is a way. The history is; there is not a will to infringe, except under certain circumstances,  yet at some point there was that will to infringe under those certain circumstances. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Taken from your very own link, there is still the loophole, it remains there. A person can claim to be selling a collection or whatever and not be a registered dealer and sell firearms to who the hell ever they want. 

Similarly, if a gun collector dies and his widow wants to sell the guns, she does not need a federal firearms license because she is just selling off inherited property and is not “engaged in the business.” And if the widow doesn’t want to sell her deceased husband’s guns by taking out a classified ad in the newspaper, it is lawful for her to rent a table at a gun show and sell the entire collection.

Again, this is a small minority of gun sales.

Trace them back to these mass shootings. How many were committed by guns sold through some supposed "loophole"?

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Still not answering my question. 

I know the history. That is beside the point though. The SCOTUS is more than willing to uphold infringing on a felon's second amendment right, and to infringe on my right to a fully auto or nuclear warhead.

The SCOTUS has never ruled on either of those points. Their only ruling ever that would be interpreted as anti 2A was US v. Miller in 1939.

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Where there is a will, there is a way. The history is; there is not a will to infringe, except under certain circumstances,  yet at some point there was that will to infringe under those certain circumstances. 

From a legislative perspective, sure. Not from the constitutional/SCOTUS perspective. 

38 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Why would that obviously be the best way?

There are tradeoffs between limiting the number of people who are murdered by guns and protecting the right citizens have to bear arms. 

There is no reason to assume that the only goal is to reduce the number of people who are murdered by guns.

Because people who commit murder don’t fallow laws and would find other ways to commit murder including buying guns illegally. So the only real way to curtail murders by guns to to get rid of all the guns.

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Because people who commit murder don’t fallow laws and would find other ways to commit murder including buying guns illegally. So the only real way to curtail murders by guns to to get rid of all the guns.

Maybe. But it just doesn't seem very plausible.

We don't believe that when it comes to preventing any other crime, so why would we believe it when it comes to preventing murders by guns?

For example, we don't argue that burglars don't follow laws and would find other ways to break into your house unless we board up all your windows or cover them in bars; so we should either do nothing or take extreme measures.

Rather, we all recognize that if we make it harder (without making it impossible) for burglars to get into your house, we will reduce the likelihood of your getting robbed at home.

So why should we think it's different when it comes to guns? 

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

We don't believe that when it comes to preventing any other crime, so why would we believe it when it comes to preventing murders by guns.

For example, we don't argue that burglars don't follow laws and would find other ways to break into your house    unless we boarded up all your windows or covered them in iron bars. So we should either do nothing or take extreme measures. Rather, we all recognize that if we make it harder (without making it impossible) for burglars to get into your house, we will reduce the likelihood of your getting robbed at home.

So why would we think it's different when it comes to guns? 

Cancer is the biggest mass murderer in the world why not ban cigerettes? 

According to most libs the internet is the number one cause of fake news. I'm sure our founding fathers were not thinking about the net when they wrote the first amendment. 

Drunk drivers have killed thousands of people why don't we blame the car? 

Obesity leads to heart failure also a mass killer ehy not blame the spoon? 

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

We don't believe that when it comes to preventing any other crime, so why would we believe it when it comes to preventing murders by guns?

For example, we don't argue that burglars don't follow laws and would find other ways to break into your house unless we board up all your windows or cover them in bars; so we should either do nothing or take extreme measures.

Rather, we all recognize that if we make it harder (without making it impossible) for burglars to get into your house, we will reduce the likelihood of your getting robbed at home.

So why should we think it's different when it comes to guns? 

Cause there are already over 300 million guns in the streets...

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Cancer is the biggest mass murderer in the world why not ban cigerettes? 

According to most libs the internet is the number one cause of fake news. I'm sure our founding fathers were not thinking about the net when they wrote the first amendment. 

Drunk drivers have killed thousands of people why don't we blame the car? 

Obesity leads to heart failure also a mass killer ehy not blame the spoon? 

Well, because none of those things are involved in murder.

Moreover, cars are necessary to our way of life in a way that guns aren't.

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

Well, because none of those things are involved in murder.

None of those things are in the Constitution either that I'm aware of, so there's that..xD

They keep trying though, one by one.

In the end the 2nd Amendment will eventually be the downfall of this society. The evidence is all around us.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

How it can mean what these radicals believe it means is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

None of those things are in the Constitution either that I'm aware of, so there's that..xD

They keep trying though, one by one.

In the end the 2nd Amendment will eventually be the downfall of this society. The evidence is all around us.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

How it can mean what these radicals believe it means is beyond me.

Hopefully your child molesting ass will be first to go.