Good for Dick's Sporting Goods!

RedZone

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

I support this.

18 in 2018 is not the 18 of 1970. 

Although kids are more responsible these days they are way more dependent and unaware.

Am I missing sumpthin heah? HOW in the name of Nobama, can one be more responsible, WAAAAY more dependent, and yet unaware?xD

• Like 2

Just now, ORabidOne said:

Am I missing sumpthin heah? HOW in the name of Nobama, can one be more responsible, WAAAAY more dependent, and yet unaware?xD

Easy, society instills better behaviors than it did. Think of things like drug driving and kids. Wayyyyyyy down. I even find the over 40's much more likely to text and drive rather than the 20 somethings. Really their are on of examples. Nothing mutually exclusive about being dependent and being responsible. Two different things. 

On 2/28/2018 at 8:39 AM, HSFBfan said:

it is facts. Its absolutely facts. My county used to have 3 mental facilities in it. Guess what they are all closed. 

We had 2 huge facilities in the Bay Area where I lived. Both closed. The VAST majority of homeless people that we see on the streets have mental illness. The alcohol and drug abuse is nothing but a symptom.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 1:26 PM, noonereal said:

I love how the right ignores the facts and claims it's all a "mental health problem"

Ignores facts? Do you not agree that a mass shooting is a mental health issue? Do you think a sane person shoots up kids at a school? 

That ssid, People killing each other by the 1000s in shitholes like Chicago and DC are just bad people being bad. Some may have mental health issues, but many probably don’t. The left could care about these facts though. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Do you not agree that a mass shooting is a mental health issue?

few are

(please check the definition of mass shooting then research crime statistics, verification is easy to find)

I would ask you 

12 hours ago, Blueliner said:

The left could care about these facts though. 

why do you think the left does not care about Chicago and DC?  

I have never heard anyone from the left say anything even remotely similar. 

9 hours ago, noonereal said:

A very serious question, why do you applaud this? 

Gun sales in general are slumping nationwide. Somebody is full of it. Probably the Russian meme makers that he gets his images from, but, who knows. It could be NPR and various local media sources all across the country. Who knows? 

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/27/589061976/thanks-to-trump-slump-shops-have-more-guns-than-buyers

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gun-stores-slump-firearm-sales-trump-article-1.3854690

https://newportnewstimes.com/article/local-gun-dealers-suffering-from-trump-slump

http://www.greensboro.com/news/us_world/trump-slump-in-gun-sales-continues-despite-control-debate/article_451935e8-4077-557f-b1ea-791aadc25b41.html

I'm confused.

If the conservative  boycotts were working, wouldn't the Oscars just go away? Wouldn't the NFL just go away? Wouldn't both industries change their tone and what it is the boycott is trying to achieve.

The stars still say what they want. The NFL didn't change any rules. 

On the flip side... progressive boycotts do achieve action. See this thread. Multiple store chains changing what they do etc. 

I feel sorry for your mother's. 

:P

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm confused.

If the conservative  boycotts were working, wouldn't the Oscars just go away? Wouldn't the NFL just go away? Wouldn't both industries change their tone and what it is the boycott is trying to achieve.

The stars still say what they want. The NFL didn't change any rules. 

On the flip side... progressive boycotts do achieve action. See this thread. Multiple store chains changing what they do etc. 

I feel sorry for your mother's. 

:P

Come on, these so called boycotts are meaningless.

Numbers ago down for lot's of reasons and the nut cases rush in to take credit. 

just stupid 

On 2/28/2018 at 11:44 AM, noonereal said:

only 5% of gun deaths are committed by the mentally ill and their facilities are all intact, the prison system is where they are housed. 

That's a flat out lie. Or maybe you were just being disingenuous for effect?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/upshot/gun-deaths-are-mostly-suicides.html

"More than 60% of the people who die from guns, die by suicide." "Mental illness, which may contribute to mass shootings, is a CLEAR risk factor for suicide."............Quotes taken from the NYT article.