Good for Dick's Sporting Goods!

RedZone

Just now, noonereal said:

only 5% of gun deaths are committed by the mentally ill and their facilities are all intact, the prison system is where they are housed. 

yes i know. But if were screaming about mental health then lets open up more mental health facilities and stop closing them down. Also school shooting in general are a very low percentage of crimes but yet people in this country are screaming about it

16 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

yes i know. But if were screaming about mental health then lets open up more mental health facilities and stop closing them down. Also school shooting in general are a very low percentage of crimes but yet people in this country are screaming about it

I am all for targeting more resources for mental health, heck, I know a couple posters here who would benefit. 

7 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Agree to disagree I guess. 

With all respect and not looking to argue, it is not really a subjective thing.

Pricing is "suggested" by the manufacturers and all pretty much hold to it or risk losing access to the product going forward. (for other reasons, obviously) 

If you want to say they carry higher price points (more expensive items) than some other sporting goods stores that is possible and I am sure true in some instances.  Dick's is not a high end re-seller however. 

They sell mass market low end sporting goods along with offerings of mid tier product and have dabbled in high end, without success. 

Just now, noonereal said:

Pricing is "suggested" by the manufacturers and all pretty much hold to it or risk losing access to the product going forward. (for other reasons, obviously) 

If you want to say they carry higher price points (more expensive items) than some other sporting goods stores that is possible and I am sure true in some instances.  Dick's is not a high end re-seller however. 

They sell mass market low end sporting goods along with offerings of mid tier product and have dabbled in high end, without success. 

Okay. xD

i can count on one hand the times I couldn’t find the exact item/brand 10-15% cheaper than Dicks. 

In my opinion, they’re overpriced. Carry on “not arguing” I guess. 

2 hours ago, concha said:

Not sure how smart it really is.  Most folks realize this is more of an enforcement and mental health problem, especially in this case.  They look like spineless fools to many.  If anything, I'll be less likely to shop there and I'm sure plenty of others feel the same.

"spineless fools"??..just like all the rest of the major companies who dropped their association with the NRA?...they're all spineless too?...or did they finally wise up and go with the flow?....and give into the will of the American people?...the NRA is out on their own island now....;)

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

"spineless fools"??..just like all the rest of the major companies who dropped their association with the NRA?...they're all spineless too?...or did they finally wise up and go with the flow?....and give into the will of the American people?...the NRA is out on their own island now....;)

I love how the right ignores the facts and claims it's all a "mental health problem"

Well the Georgia Senate just proved how stupid they can be... 

The Jet fuel tax is being voted on as we speak... 

And it's looking like it may go through... 

This is stupid... 

Casey Cagle is getting pissy because Delta cut ties with the NRA.....  wtf.... 

That shouldn't even effect him... 

How the hell is it an attack on Conservatives... 

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

problem with Dick's is everything Zulu said (good eye)...you actually had the right words jumbled in there.... but you vomited up a stinking mess... 

They are local to my market and I know the demographics and some issues....

Problem with most of these stores is their best bread and butter client is the big family sports enthusiasts and they can get 'toys r' us' dodding parent pricing from them, then they go and overreach with soup to nuts clothing and crap with all the sporting goods given wallspace to the encroaching fashion cloth.  Most of the sports equiptment is not 'that' bad but see red above. clothing is stupid, and standing next to marshalls next door is ridiculous, and on the occaision that I've shopped there for a say $3-400 canoe on short order, I've noted don't bother with the 'floorspace' crap.  On top of that now even 'home goods' and the same marshalls have cheap ass Chinese kayaks at half the price hanging in their store so they are going out of their league too

just sayin' People still shop at dick's...but not if they can avoid it....

FYI it's....TSC for the WIN.....:D

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Good stuff.

The kids are debating prices at Dick's.  xD

yeah because it's a lot more informative information, you know,  given the topic of Dick's Inventory being there as the Title post.....and discussion as to how it might effect sales...

But I guess that's just too much of a tangent....for your LIB party...STILL CARRYING ON... huh...

giphy.gif

if you prefer I can just go closer to your point on topic and just nickname you CJ.....being how it's so much more appropriate towards your 'point' in the thread.......or is that a circle........ 

At least let nooner in,  will ya...

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Nobody said "all mental", however in the last 40 years there has been more evidence of  a "lack of caring or helping the mentally unstable...le many,many mental hospitals have closed..

You boy Ronnie saw to that, didn't he?

You don't know your history. 

Every shooter taking meds is ridiculous on several levels, I am not even gonna bother. 

12 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

problem with Dick's is everything Zulu said (good eye)...you actually had the right words jumbled in there.... but you vomited up a stinking mess... 

They are local to my market and I know the demographics and some issues....

Problem with most of these stores is their best bread and butter client is the big family sports enthusiasts and they can get 'toys r' us' dodding parent pricing from them, then they go and overreach with soup to nuts clothing and crap with all the sporting goods given wallspace to the encroaching fashion cloth.  Most of the sports equiptment is not 'that' bad but see red above. clothing is stupid, and standing next to marshalls next door is ridiculous, and on the occaision that I've shopped there for a say $3-400 canoe on short order, I've noted don't bother with the 'floorspace' crap.  On top of that now even 'home goods' and the same marshalls have cheap ass Chinese kayaks at half the price hanging in their store so they are going out of their league too

just sayin' People still shop at dick's...but not if they can avoid it....

FYI it's....TSC for the WIN.....:D

I just laughed and you don't know why.

Peace brother. 

Just now, Bormio said:

More “woke” capitalism.  I think Dicks may be missing their demographic.  Also they sell a lot of non-gun items to Trump voters - and Academy Sports is across the street here.

Unless it's an emergency, I can buy the same stuff online for usually much less.  Sites like this one help (as does having Amazon Prime and an Amazon card for another 5% off)...

http://n.stuccu.com/?drsm=5a980072dccc2805f07afa7b

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Remington 700 in .270 Winchester 24" barrel with scope package (model 27094):

No Dick's Sporting Goods:  $579.99

Classic Firearms:  $389.99 (in stock)

Be smart shoppers. :D

Don't forget to get that gun blessed at the "Church of Beria"....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1